Deleted Account Guest

Default NACHI Members Now Approved to Perform Citizens Four Point Inspections

Members of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) have been approved to perform Four Point Inspections by the Underwriting Department of Citizens Property Insurance Company on August 31, 2007 using the approved NACHI Form.

I am pleased to announce that Assurance Check, LLC has created a free on line electronic version of this form for use by all NACHI members. You may view copy of this form here or test drive it for yourself here by selecting the Four Point link found at the bottom of the page.

Assurance Check, LLC has also created an electronic version of the OIR-B1-1802 Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form which is available free to anyone who qualifies under the OIR-B1-1655 Guidelines, the electronic version of the form may be accessed here.

Assurance Check's goal was to help NACHI Members gain parity with other associations that employ electronic reporting capability and to further improve the condition of insurance inspections in Florida for all parties concerned, which included homeowners, insurance companies and Florida home inspectors.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: NACHI Members Now Approved to Perform Citizens Four Point Inspections

Joe, are you part owner of Assurance Check?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Deleted Account Guest

Default Re: NACHI Members Now Approved to Perform Citizens Four Point Inspections

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Joe, are you part owner of Assurance Check?
    Yes a full partner.

Joe,

The on-line web form is not Secure, and that should be a red flag for any data transmitted and stored for these inspections.

Dom.

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D'Agostino View Post
    Joe,

The on-line web form is not Secure, and that should be a red flag for any data transmitted and stored for these inspections.

Dom.

I could make it secure with a click of a check-box, but tell me what data collected on the form is not in the public domain already?

I believe https should be reserved for things like Drivers License #, SS# and Credit Card#, I do not believe there is any secure data being collected on these forms, help me out here.

Richard Rushing Guest

Anything to do with Citizens is public information... even emails.

rr

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    I could make it secure with a click of a check-box, but tell me what data collected on the form is not in the public domain already?

I believe https should be reserved for things like Drivers License #, SS# and Credit Card#, I do not believe there is any secure data being collected on these forms, help me out here.

While you may be correct, I'd err on the side of caution and not contribute any data to the never-ending stream of public domain. How about a Privacy Notice? What do you plan to do with all that data to protect it?

For example, the information gathered may be publicly available, but not in the condensed and uploaded web format. You have a collection of data that some may find valuable. Security comes in many forms, with layers of protection being the best defense.

I wouldn't upload my own personal data on a web site that isn't secure, would you?

Dom.

Deleted Account Guest

Electronic NACHI Four Point Insurance Form - NACHI Press Release

And if you are a member of ASHI:

Attention All Florida ASHI Inspectors

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation is the largest insurer in the State of Florida and the third largest in the United States, and they only accept the 6.3 version of the Homeowners Insurance Survey form, in lieu of the commonly referred to “4 Point” inspection.

It means that you will no longer need to have a licensed electrician, or other professionals sign your report in the future. The form may be used by ASHI Certified Inspectors and ASHI Associates with Logo Use.

It is only available on line and NO ALTERATIONS can be made to it, or it will be rejected by Citizens. ALL SECTIONS of this 6.3 version of the survey form must be completed, or it will not be accepted by Citizens.

Spaces have been provided for you to make comments in each section if you feel it is necessary. For example: All windows have been replaced, or the home has been re-plumbed. And also add any recommendations that you feel are justified to protect the home.

In the section “INTERIOR” there are questions asking: Is Water Penetration, or Water Damage evident? If nothing is evident then you MUST write the word “NONE” in the spaces provided. Please do not leave these spaces blank.

We have found the most common mistake made in completing the survey is: INCORRECT E-MAIL addresses. Please double check your work before clicking on the “send” button.

Please make sure that you include your ASHI membership number on the line that reads: “Inspector Number.”

For more information on this program, please login here: Member Login | ASHI, American Society of Home Inspectors
    And click here: Member Login | ASHI, American Society of Home Inspectors
    Thank you and please contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    W.E. Mason, Chair
    ASHI Homeowners Insurance Survey Committee

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Deleted Account Guest

Electronic NACHI Four Point Insurance Form
    For Immediate Release
    Greg Bell
    Assurance Check, LLC
    321-626-8840
    Greg@AssuranceCheck.net
    Home

Assurance Check, LLC Announces the Release of the Electronic NACHI Four Point Insurance Form

Central Florida - October 9, 2007 Assurance Check, LLC in agreement with the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) has released an electronic version of the Citizens approved NACHI Four Point Insurance Survey form free to its members. NACHI members are now on parity with other home inspection associations in Florida who have a Citizens Insurance approved inspection form. This decision will provide homeowners in Florida with a greater choice in selecting a qualified home inspector to perform a Four Point insurance inspection which has the potential to lessen the stress associated with purchasing homeowners insurance in Florida.

Earlier this year NACHI Executive Director Nick Gromicko spearheaded a project to secure an approved insurance inspection form for Florida NACHI members. On August 31st of 2007 the Underwriting Department of Citizens Property Insurance Company approved the NACHI Uniform Four Point Insurance Survey. It was that initial success which inspired Assurance Check founders Greg Bell and Joe Burkeson to move forward to produce an electronic on line version of the NACHI form.

Now all NACHI members can freely produce professional looking Four Point insurance surveys that are guaranteed to be accepted by Citizens Property Insurance Company. “We felt that it was important for the insurance industry to have a uniform document used by all insurers. That is why I developed this application for both inspectors and the insurance industry. It is our hope this will become the standard form used for all Four Point inspections in the future.” stated Joe Burkeson a regional manager with Assurance Check.

In a continuing effort to serve the insurance industry, Assurance Check has also created an electronic version of the OIR-B1-1802 Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form which is available free to anyone who qualifies under the OIR-B1-1655 Guidelines; the electronic version of the forms may be accessed via the following link.

Form Reply

In the past Assurance Check has helped home inspectors broaden their market share through ICC training & exam prep, now we will also dedicate our efforts to providing industry standard electronic reporting documents. Assurance Check was founded to help build a bridge between the inspection profession and the insurance industry. To this end we would like to thank all the members of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) who have inspired our efforts and contributed to our success.

Assurance Check, LLC is an inspection service company that specializes in providing education and support to the inspection profession throughout Florida.