Default The Green Fallacy

“Green” the entire concept is founded on a fallacy – Man’s interference with the global environment by elevating CO2 through capitalism and growth of wealth through the free market. Ironically, it has become a multibillion dollar industry.

It is, and remains, nevertheless a fallacy. The Daily Mail (U.K.) ran an “astonishing” story this morning. Astonishing? To whom? Only the easily lead and most gullible of Western Society are “astonished.” The rest of us just yawn and say: “Yeah? I told you so.”

Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Mail Online

Cheers!
    Caoimh*n P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Michael Garrity Guest

Default Re: The Green Fallacy

There is an election coming up and guess what side the Daily Mail is on?

A.D. Miller Guest

CC: You are once again grasping at straws to support your wild-eyed notions regarding climate change. Though I respect your knowledge of your chosen field of endeavor, you are well out of your depth and out on the proverbial limb regarding this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    CC: You are once again grasping at straws to support your wild-eyed notions regarding climate change. Though I respect your knowledge of your chosen field of endeavor, you are well out of your depth and out on the proverbial limb regarding this subject.
    Captain A.D.

Hold On.
    * if anyone is treading water it's not Caoimhin.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Isn't it interesting how Al Gore is nowhere to be found?

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    Captain A.D.

Hold On.
    * if anyone is treading water it's not Caoimhin.
    BS: Try treading these waters:

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    Isn't it interesting how Al Gore is nowhere to be found?
    He's too Busy Trying to Stay Warm.
    * or Improving The Internet He Invented.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Hiya Fritz!

I will say that most climatologists agree that the earth is warming.
    Except they don’t. MOST climatologists are not interviewed or even considered important enouigh to contact, or included in the discussions since they DON’T think the Earth is warming, that’s why The Left had to rely on a very SMALL hamdful of climatologists and a very large percentage of Hollywood Stars to get their message out.

The "green' movement is good in some ways, we should all strive to reduce our impact, particularly as the earth becomes more and more populated.
    Well, yes – but the “green” movement then is not new; The Catholic Church has been preaching stewardship of the Earth and her resources for over 2,000 years. So we need not look at the “green movement” as something new.

Miller-

DUDE! I’m glad you found that photo – I KNEW IT WAS FLAT! I JUST KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!

(Wow… air seems exceptionally thin around the office today… I must go out there and adjust the ley lines around my building… now where’s me aluminium hat?).

Cheers!
    Caoimh*n P. Connell

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

A.D. Miller Guest

Obviously, the flat vs. round Earth issue is about much more than the geometric shape of the planet. It is actually more about the head-in-the-sand conservatives vs. those of us who have managed to pull our heads out and get a glimpse of something other than just what we've been told by the "authorities" (those steeped in the fundamentally-flawed thinking of the Newtonian model of the Universe). As information has become more readily available to the masses, the number of conservatives is dwindling. This has caused the remaining fundamentalists to ramp up their aberrant behavior in an effort to compensate for their losses. By the way, how is that working out for you?

While I can empathize with their plight, education is just a book or two and a few thoughts away; inexpensive; and readily accessible to all. There is no longer even a lame excuse for being conservative. But, if it suits you, be that way. The world will continue to change, your seeming refusal to do so notwithstanding.

A.D. Miller Guest

I'm not sure what your point is.
    FK: That certainly does not surprise me in the least.

Your "authorities"
    FK: Last time I took a moment to notice, I did not have any authorities.

I guess the definition of a liberal is "believe whatever the government tells you".
    FK: No, on the contrary. That is the definition of a conservative.

Your belief is NOT supported by the scientific data
    FK: You do not know what I believe. Additionally, scientific data may have no bearing on it.

where do you get your information?
    FK: Obviously from more, and more varied sources than you have access to.

FK:

FK: Last time I took a moment to notice, I did not have any authorities.

I Hope Your " Baby " don't Read This.
    *aka Ms. Mam.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    I Hope Your " Baby " don't Read This.
    *aka Ms. Mam.
    BS: Shhhhhhhhhhh! Hush!

Ryan Stouffer Guest

AD, first of all, I am a conservative. Second of all, let's just take care of the global warming problem by asking congress for another $787 billion. I mean, you libs and dems are so smart, I am sure another loan by our government will take care of everything. Just like the first loan. It created so many jobs and boosted the economy so much, I just can't believe it. An education is just a book away. I think the current administration should pick one up. Preferably one that will explain to them the definition of "Capitalism."

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Stouffer View Post
    AD, first of all, I am a conservative. Second of all, let's just take care of the global warming problem by asking congress for another $787 billion. I mean, you libs and dems are so smart, I am sure another loan by our government will take care of everything. Just like the first loan. It created so many jobs and boosted the economy so much, I just can't believe it. An education is just a book away. I think the current administration should pick one up. Preferably one that will explain to them the definition of "Capitalism."
    RS: Are you a conservative by the dictionary definition, or by one of your own making? Answer this please, so that I have some idea about who I am discussing this with.

Ted Menelly Guest

Global warming???? Raising mileage up several miles per gallon???

The planet has raised in temp greater than this over time all by itself.

Are we raising the temp a bit more than it should be or bringing it on quicker. Probably so.

Those are not the things you should be worrying about.

What you should be worrying about is the billions of people in India and china and their growing economies. How about the countless coal fired electric plants the Chinese are building every year to feed there energy needs and India slowly coming up behind it. No matter how few babies they have with a couple billion people each the population has no choice but to grow.

A few miles per gallon here and there???? One poorly constructed coal fire plant takes care of most of the increase in mileage and pollutants that go away with the better mileage.

Cannot expect the growing and up and coming countries to just say no in buying their goodies and increasing their life style all with heat and air and cars and and and and.

Green and smart?

How smart is it that tiles for the roof cost more than you will save in years or a wind generator that does not pay for itself for years.

Green founded on a fallacy???? Not sure about that. Having more of an affect than increased volcanic activity would. Not a chance. The earth goes thru its natural changes and cleans itself up. We will be the mess the planet cleans up over time. We will just be a spec of a thought some time down the road and the planet can get on with its natural functions.

The only thing that is going to help this planet in the long run is to move several billion people, in a short time to come, to another Galaxy and another planet and let this one breath a little. Either that or a world war 3 or some nasty mutant viruses to eliminate millions every several years.

A.D. Miller Guest

TM: I had no doubt that you would be found riding on the conservatives' Flat Earth float in this parade. After all, the conservative mentality attracts the intellectually disenfranchised.

The good news is that there is still hope for you and your ilk. With time and focused study even you can learn to elevate your IQ to something a bit more impressive than your shoe size. Once you have accomplished this, you may be surprised to find that Teabaggers such as yourself do not have a corner on the plausible ideas market.

Or, if sticking your nose in the books is not your bailiwick, try traveling abroad for a few years; preferably in Europe. You will soon see that Fort Worth is not the cosmopolitan metropolis you imagine it to be, and that you are not the think tank theoretician you fancy yourself as.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet Act 1, scene 5

Ted Menelly Guest

It is funny that folks like yourself find it difficult to believe that one can have his own thoughts. For some reason when one forms their own opinion and it may differ with yours and it just happens to make sense your extremely limited own thinking that relies totally on others thoughts feels it is being attacked and you must attack back.

You have no idea how limited your little world is, do you. For some reason you wish to live in some progressive liberal world that puts all your thoughts together for you. You want to put together programs that will not help anyone but the totally disenfranchised and devastate everyone else.

Why can you not think of raising everyone up that is disenfranchised instead of dragging everyone else down to where the disenfranchised are. Is that to difficult to understand.

What you and your limited in thought minded group wishes is for no one to have a thought of their own because it is obvious that you have no thoughts of your own.

I see that every thought that flows from your oh so crowded brain is someone Else's thought. A snippet from the countless books you have read and an over whelming urge to grab all those snippets and spew them forth on the rest of the world so they may be impressed that you are capable of using everyone Else's words and thoughts and have none of your own.

No, it is not my IQ that is in question. IQ is more than a compilation of everyone Else's thought, ideas and words. Look around you. The worlds order is constantly improving. More and more countries are realizing that there on Little selves are not the only people on the planet and what they do does affect everyone else on the planet in some way.

The natural evolution of man is to clean itself up time and time again. Improve on what they have and what they do. Go to France and see what the last revolution did to the buildings. They have cleaned many up over time and are still cleaning them up from the black stain of the filthy coal fired plants. This new generation of oh so wonderful thinkers wanting to clean up the planet started a long long time ago. It is nothing new and revolutionary.

In case your limited world does not understand how 6 or seven billion people and make billions and billions of more people and counter every stride we try to make then maybe you need to go forth and explore the world and see what is happening. This planet of ours is only so big. There is only so much money to go around. The average worker cannot go out and buy 6 to ten thousand in roof tiles to save energy that is not saving them one thin dime for decades.

You and the wife make a decent living. Did you run out and buy a 30 to 40,000 all electric car (nope, a new used mini van spewing filth into the air) or load your roof up with tiles to grow your own electricity. What is it exactly that you have done in the slightest that may turn this world into a greener place.

Still buying books printed on paper. How about the backside? Still using paper to clean it up. Still using paper or plastic to carry your groceries home instead of using reusable bags that you take with you every time you go to the grocery store. I could go on forever but me thinks the answer would be no to all the countless questions I could put forth to you.

So much for your intellectual mind. So much for Mr Green that has a thought of his own. Lets not go to the IQ thing. This IQ would more than likely bash yours all the way to Al Gores home and back again.

Reading something screwed up like Hamlet does not make one a smart man. And he can even quote the act and scene. My Lord how limited.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

TM: Once you have accomplished this, you may be surprised to find that Teabaggers such as yourself do not have a corner on the plausible ideas market.
    He said teabaggers. Tee hee!!

You guys crack me up. You two should have a beer summit or something. Perhaps at the Gruene Hall where Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is playing next week.

Ted Menelly Guest

All in a well rounded day.

The good

The bad

The ugly

Life would be so boring without all three. Besides it is good entertainment. I gain much knowledge from this site and it is also good entertainment.

Don't always take everything you read so seriously. Some of it is well placed entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post

Some of it is well placed entertainment.
    .......................miss....................... ....

A.D. Miller Guest

Yep, teabaggers . . .

Hope.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand." Leo Durocher
    Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Right wingers, write it one hundred times on the chalk board:

The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is still around? WOW !!! Also, I thought GREEN was supposed to be a "Calming and Soothing" color, at least that's what my shrink told me. I hate Green

Bruce, What happened to your No Left Turn moniker? Not sure about the person in your new one - is it Ghengis Khan?

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hintz View Post
    Bruce, What happened to your No Left Turn moniker? Not sure about the person in your new one - is it Ghengis Khan?
    JH: I think he had mistakenly used that symbol to indicate something esoteric along the lines of "no broke-dick", and then glanced down and realized the error of his ways. His new avatar aptly displays his dissatisfaction with this new realization of his current condition . . .

The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is still around? WOW !!! Also, I thought GREEN was supposed to be a "Calming and Soothing" color, at least that's what my shrink told me. I hate Green
    They're still around, and even have a couple of original members.

I figured the Gruene Hall would be a calming and soothing place, especially after you've knocked back a couple of cold ones. Perhaps not though, seeing as it's still in Texas and some of them Texans refuse to be calmed and soothed.

A.D. Miller Guest

I figured the Gruene Hall would be a calming and soothing place, especially after you've knocked back a couple of cold ones. Perhaps not though, seeing as it's still in Texas and some of them Texans refuse to be calmed and soothed.
    CW: A few pints of Shiner Bock will take the edge off even the crankiest Texan . . .

It is an artist's conception of "Inuk", a member of an extinct culture, drawn from information gleaned from DNA extracted from 4000-year-old hair found in permafrost in Greenland. You can read about it here: Face of Ancient Human Drawn From Hair's DNA

Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Breedlove View Post
    It is an artist's conception of "Inuk", a member of an extinct culture, drawn from information gleaned from DNA extracted from 4000-year-old hair found in permafrost in Greenland. You can read about it here: Face of Ancient Human Drawn From Hair's DNA
    BB: So then, are you telling us you are old, extinct, or just extracted from old follicles?

BB: So then, are you telling us you are old, extinct, or just extracted from old follicles?
    Like Inuk I am follically challenged.

Bruce Breedlove
    www.avaloninspection.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Besides it is good entertainment. I gain much knowledge from this site and it is also good entertainment.

Don't always take everything you read so seriously. Some of it is well placed entertainment.
    Morning, Gents!

I’m glad to hear Ted recognize this. Far too often, some folks take themselves (and others) too serious. I’ve seen a tongue-in-cheek remark, joke or “devil’s advocate” comment turn an otherwise sane (albeit misguided) Home Inspector into a raving lunatic, as though the remark warranted criminal prosecution.

Often the point of a presentation (and a lot of these posts are personal presentations), are as much to provoke thought as to provide information. If it can’t be done without a little cajoling or ribbing, or if a reader is so thin skinned as to take personal offense to adult banter, then it ruins it for all.

Cheers!
    Caoimh*n P. Connell

AMDG

Michael Garrity Guest

So what are we reading today Caoimh*n?The Mail,NOTW? Try the Guardian for a change.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICHAEL/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]http://www.guardian.co.uk

A.D. Miller Guest

the remark warranted criminal prosecution.
    CC: While your misguided and anachronistic rants regarding climate change do perhaps warrant some sort of approbation, I might stop short at criminal prosecution.

Often the point of a presentation (and a lot of these posts are personal presentations), are as much to provoke thought as to provide information. If it can’t be done without a little cajoling or ribbing, or if a reader is so thin skinned as to take personal offense to adult banter, then it ruins it for all.
    CC: Agreed.

jasonsmith092 Guest

its sounds good to me