Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nicks plan to put non NACHI members out of business

How Nick Gromicko is planning to put us all out of business! delirium?

If all the non-InterNACHI members would just go out of business, we'd all be fine. I'm doing everything I can, every day, to make that happen... for the most part, in 2 ways: Making InterNACHI members better technically through advanced, inexpensive, convenient education www.nachi.org/advancedcourses.htm and by making InterNACHI member's inspection businesses (through mostly marketing) more successful www.nachi.org/success.htm

Anyway, these two core advantages are making InterNACHI members the best trained, most successful inspectors in the world... and all for just $289.

Like I've said many times, if you can't recognize the value of InterNACHI membership, how can you possibly recognize obvious defects on an inspection? From a pure businessman's point of view, anyone too dumb to join InterNACHI is probably too dumb to inspect for consumers.
    Value of Nachi membership = ability to recognize defects. Oooooookay!

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Nicks plan to put non NACHI members out of business

where did this post or insane quote come from
    charlie

Hi Charlie

Seeing the "NACHI Effect" here now - InterNACHI Message Board
    Post No. 3

Nick the Spin Master!

cheers,

Deleted Account Guest

Looks like it turned into a fairly good discussion regarding pricing & trends in our market, thanks for the link.

Steven Meyer Guest

Hey WALLY, how's things going?

Say hi to the Bev for me.

Enjoying San Simeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post

Steven Meyer Guest

HEY, BUBBA SMITH

How's your friend Raymond doing??

He does take a licking, but keeps on ticking!!!!

Ya gona introduce us to any more of your friends???

Hey super sleuth nice try. Come up with anything tangible yet?

I think you should apply to be a member of the esteem esprit decorps ESOP so you can fabricate evidence to suit your needs.

Now I see that James Bushart is threatening to have another Canadian non members IP blocked because that non member posted a tid bit of information supposedly from another cretin and ESOP member Mario Kyriacou under the guise its an infringement of the NACHI rules. The only problem is Mario when he sent Brian the supposed email was not on the ESOP, and the email was sent via private email not through NACHI resources! Just like Joe Farsettas over the top private email to me.

I also see a number of non members still listed as members of NACHI despite their termination of their memberships and requests to have their names removed from the public membership list. That would be a very easy task to do and a legitimate request, why do you suppose Nick does not comply, could it be that he is fraudulently misrepresenting the true membership numbers? Is he doing it out of spite? Seems to me if he wants to sue the person who said his dog passed the online exam, Nick should be equally concerned about fraudulent misrepresentations of his own. Not to mention other erroneous statements in which he stated me and my good friend Roy Cooke have been expelled from Canadian Associations which is an outright lie by Nick in order to make him look intelligent. The only thing Nick successfully does right is making himself the fool at the expense of the ignorant membership which is essentially made up of newbies!

What will you do for an encore Steve? Your little puddle of friends don't seem to support your bull outside of the NACHI clan.

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote:

If all the non-InterNACHI members would just go out of business, we'd all be fine. I'm doing everything I can, every day, to make that happen... for the most part, in 2 ways: Making InterNACHI members better technically through advanced, inexpensive, convenient education www.nachi.org/advancedcourses.htm and by making InterNACHI member's inspection businesses (through mostly marketing) more successful www.nachi.org/success.htm

Anyway, these two core advantages are making InterNACHI members the best trained, most successful inspectors in the world... and all for just $289.

Like I've said many times, if you can't recognize the value of InterNACHI membership, how can you possibly recognize obvious defects on an inspection? From a pure businessman's point of view, anyone too dumb to join InterNACHI is probably too dumb to inspect for consumers.

For some reason, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this statement. ASHI and NAHI is here to stay just like InterNACHI.

It kind of reminds me of My dad can beat up your dad thing.

Last edited by Kevin Luce; 05-28-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Changed Loose to lose

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Luce View Post
    For some reason, I'm not going to loose any sleep over this statement. ASHI and NAHI is here to stay just like InterNACHI.

Do you really think this market decline can support three national home inspection associations? I disagree, there is really only room for one.

Steven Meyer Guest

I'll survive, will you???? You're going down, WAND, will not be a good sight.

Like your "new" Latest NACHI board name, clever, amazing, others knew it was you, even before I saw it!!!

You can run, but you can't hide!!!!

YOU'RE TOAST!!!!!

Hey super sleuth nice try. Come up with anything tangible yet?

I think you should apply to be a member of the esteem esprit decorps ESOP so you can fabricate evidence to suit your needs.

Now I see that James Bushart is threatening to have another Canadian non members IP blocked because that non member posted a tid bit of information supposedly from another cretin and ESOP member Mario Kyriacou under the guise its an infringement of the NACHI rules. The only problem is Mario when he sent Brian the supposed email was not on the ESOP, and the email was sent via private email not through NACHI resources! Just like Joe Farsettas over the top private email to me.

I also see a number of non members still listed as members of NACHI despite their termination of their memberships and requests to have their names removed from the public membership list. That would be a very easy task to do and a legitimate request, why do you suppose Nick does not comply, could it be that he is fraudulently misrepresenting the true membership numbers? Is he doing it out of spite? Seems to me if he wants to sue the person who said his dog passed the online exam, Nick should be equally concerned about fraudulent misrepresentations of his own. Not to mention other erroneous statements in which he stated me and my good friend Roy Cooke have been expelled from Canadian Associations which is an outright lie by Nick in order to make him look intelligent. The only thing Nick successfully does right is making himself the fool at the expense of the ignorant membership which is essentially made up of newbies!

What will you do for an encore Steve? Your little puddle of friends don't seem to support your bull outside of the NACHI clan.

Last edited by Steven Meyer; 05-28-2008 at 06:08 PM.

HEY ALL

THERE IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY--THE DEMOCRATS AND THE LIBERALS AND WE HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR SO FAR--SO THERE IS ROOM FOR THREE OR MORE ORGANIZATIONS-----MY ORGANIZATION WORKS BROTHERLY WITH ASHI AND THERE SHOULD BE NO REASON WHY YOUR ORGANIZATION CAN'T DO THE SAME--LETS STOP THIS NEGATIVE THREAD AND START BEING PROFESSIONAL--AND JUST GO OUT AND DO A PROFESSIONAL INSPECTION AND TREAT YOUR CLIENT AS YOU WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED YOURSELF--AND LET YOUR COMPETENCE SPEAK

EVERY ORGANIZATION SHOULD BE RESPECTED AS YOU WANT YOUR'S TO BE --BUT TO SAY YOUR THE BEST AND LETS KILL EVERYONE ELSE---COME ON--SOUNDS LIKE GERMANY IN 1936---HOW FAR DID THAT GO---

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MY CHAPTER OPERATES OR OUR CREDENTIALS--AND THAT IS OFFENSIVE--I AM THE DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION FOR THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER OF NAHI---AND I CAN TELL YOU WE ARE HIGH PRICED INSPECTORS---QUALITY TRAINED --AND SOLIDLY TOGETHER AS A GROUP ----SO LETS STOP ALL THIS BASHING AND GO DO AN INSPECTION-----WHAT THIS COUNTRY IS LACKING THESE DAYS IS TOGETHERNESS----I THINK IT CAN WORK
    CHARLIE

Deleted Account Guest

CHARLIE,

Whats up with the caps, you think what you have to say is important or do just know what proper forum etiquette is? Its OK to be ignorant but if your just gonna scream your head off I'll just put you on the list.

Last edited by Deleted Account; 05-28-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Added Netiquette link.

WHAT A STUPID RESPONCE--TO SOMETHING INTELLIGENT AND PEACEFUL MINDED THAT I STATED--I ALWAYS USE CAPITALS---SOMETHING I HAVE ALWAYS DONE----SORRY IT HURT YOUR EARS-- -LOOK IN THE MIRROR FOR IGNORANCE --SEE ANYONE YOU KNOW---WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ---AGAIN PROFESSIONAL IS THE WORD--RESPECT IS A BETTER ONE

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    I ALWAYS USE CAPITALS---SOMETHING I HAVE ALWAYS DONE

What a friggin' moron, do you think the fact that just because it is "something that you have always done" that you are justified in your ignorance? Don't tell me that you ONLY use capitol letters when you write your reports to your clients? Did you go past the 6th grade in school when most of us learned the rudimentary use grammar?

Well, now that you have been shown the error in your on-line use of grammar you can no longer simply claim ignorance, hopefully this lesson will propel you on to a more professional way of communicating with the outside world.

As far as demanding respect for your asinine response to me, I suggest that in keeping with your kindergarten method of written communication you try holding your breath until you turn blue and stomping your feet, that might get my attention.

Words typed in capital fonts are like yelling on the Internet or in emails. It also makes it more difficult to read. Just an FYI for future post. Honestly when I see all Caps and colors I tend to skip the post and move on to the next.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Smile Re: Nicks plan to put non NACHI members out of business

These message boards never cease to amaze me. You guys are critical of HOW someone writes something, i.e using capital letters (please note the proper usage of the word "capital" as it pertains to letters, not a State Capitol. I think I learned that in 3rd grade.), rather than focusing on the message a person is trying to convey.

Steven Meyer Guest

GOOD GRIEF!!!!

Guess I just yelled!!! Never knew capital letters was yelling, may have to use them more often.

How juvenile, never bothered me, but ignorance is bliss.

If the way a person writes disturbes you than much, you must be having a boring day.

I don't mind the caps, being old with bad eyesight, easier to read on this tiny lap top screen.

If Caps are shouting, then what does !!!!!! mean?

Would hate to use the !!!! and find out I am insulting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Garrison View Post
    These message boards never cease to amaze me. You guys are critical of HOW someone writes something, i.e using capital letters (please note the proper usage of the word "capital" as it pertains to letters, not a State Capitol. I think I learned that in 3rd grade.), rather than focusing on the message a person is trying to convey.

Last edited by Steven Meyer; 05-29-2008 at 10:25 AM.

Steven Meyer Guest

And, which one would that be, in your opinion?

BTW I believe in freedom of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Do you really think this market decline can support three national home inspection associations? I disagree, there is really only room for one.

Steven Meyer Guest

For some reason, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this statement. ASHI and NAHI is here to stay just like InterNACHI.

Kinda silly, isn't it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Garrison View Post
    It's something called "common courtesy", you know, like stopping at stop signs, slowing down at yield signs, not passing on the right in the shoulder, not driving slow in the fast lane, etc.

Some people have it, some do not, others don't even recognize it when it hits them in the face. Heck, others have no clue and wonder why there is a need for it.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

You guys are like a bunch of old ladies with your panties in a knot.

Who cares whether Charlie used CAPS, what are you going to do to him send him over to NACHI to be shot at dawn by the goon squad?

Come on, lighten up!

Charlie carry on, everyone loves to be a hypocrite. Your post never bothered me in the least only the replies that some felt necessary.

Cheers,

Rick Maday Guest

I ALWAYS USE CAPITALS---SOMETHING I HAVE ALWAYS DONE

AGAIN PROFESSIONAL IS THE WORD--RESPECT IS A BETTER ONE
    Charlie,

Others have pointed out the ettiquitte (or lack thereof) of using all caps. More disturbing is the unprofessional responses from someone who speaks of professionalism and respect. Whatever your message, it probably gets lost on many by your syntax.

Also, your claim of always using all caps isn't quite accurate, is it?
    http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_i...earchid=128683

Truly trying to help,
    Rick

Meyer

Please do not scream, we are all cognizant of your ability to be irritating without you resorting to yelling!

Ron Bibler Guest

LEAVE CHARLIE ALONE!!! HAAAAA......

HE IS JUST TRYING TO HELP!!!!!!! HAAAAAAA.........

LEAVE CHARLIE ALONE!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ron Bibler; 05-29-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Steven Meyer Guest

Meyer

Please do not scream, we are all cognizant of your ability to be irritating without you resorting to yelling!

Everybody has to be good at something, and being irritating is one of my better qualities.

Out of respect to those whose tighty whites are all bunched up, will try not to YELL or SCREAM!!

opps!!! Sure wish they would get my a d d, meds.. dosage correct! Did forget to take them this morning??? Can't remember

Last edited by Steven Meyer; 05-29-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Steven Meyer Guest

Who cares whether Charlie used CAPS, what are you going to do to him send him over to NACHI to be shot at dawn by the goon squad?
    Come on, lighten up!
    Charlie carry on, everyone loves to be a hypocrite. Your post never bothered me in the least only the replies that some felt necessary.
    Cheers,

Fireing squad ready and waiting!!!
    BANG, BANG
    Sorry, I should have used a silencer.

As part of the goon squad, glad to be of help.

PS: is it ok to use a Capital letter to start a sentence, or is that the beginning of a scream?

Last edited by Steven Meyer; 05-29-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    LEAVE CHARLIE ALONE!!! HAAAAA......

HE IS JUST TRYING TO HELP!!!!!!! HAAAAAAA.........

LEAVE CHARLIE ALONE!!!!!!!

Ron

you're SCREAMING!!!!!

please use your lower case softer voice!!!

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    It's something called "common courtesy", you know, like stopping at stop signs, slowing down at yield signs, not passing on the right in the shoulder, not driving slow in the fast lane, etc.

Some people have it, some do not, others don't even recognize it when it hits them in the face. Heck, others have no clue and wonder why there is a need for it.
    Gosh, I am guilty of all of the above, I usually scream, and flip them the bird as I am blasting past them on the right side, getting through the stop sign first, yielding to no one.

But, I was able to get through this post in my "quiet" voice!!

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Meyer View Post
    Ron

you're SCREAMING!!!!!
    please use your lower case softer voice!!!
    My ears!!!!! I think you guys damaged my ear drums. I keep on reading the same post over and over and every time the screaming.

Why wont my lawyer answer the phone when I need him most???

Kevin Luce Guest

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys type when you are whispering?

Steven Meyer Guest

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys type when you are whispering?

We use the whisper keys, you don't have them on your keyboard???

Steven Meyer Guest

My ears!!!!! I think you guys damaged my ear drums. I keep on reading the same post over and over and every time the screaming.

Why wont my lawyer answer the phone when I need him most???

Turn down the brightness of your screen, that might help!!

Rick Maday Guest

Steven, Kevin, Ray...

Glad you can find amusement in people actually trying to help someone who may not understand MB ettiquitte.

Jerry - I think "common courtesy" falls more along the lines of saying "please" and "thank you," etc., etc.

Stopping at stop signs, slowing down at yield signs, etc., is more like common safety.

I don't feel unsafe reading CAPS, does anyone else? Yes, maybe it's not the most aesthetically appealing way to read text, but why stray off on an irrelevant tanget like that?

Personally speaking I was not offended by Charlie. Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he isn't savvy as to internet etiquette, much to do about nothing.

Cheers,

Rick Maday Guest

Personally speaking I was not offended by Charlie. Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he isn't savvy as to internet etiquette, much to do about nothing.

Cheers,
    Agreed.

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Maday View Post
    Steven, Kevin, Ray...

Glad you can find amusement in people actually trying to help someone who may not understand MB ettiquitte.

I find the issue a litle silly. If I were to post in German, would that be bad ettiquitte? So, caps are bad, but profanity is ok?

Gezzz. lets get a grip here.

So, guess we need a Emily Post book on proper MB ettiquitte?

Never occurred to me that using caps was an indication of screaming, in most business letters caps are used to highlight a point. Or did miss something in my communications class?

Steven Meyer Guest

Cheers,

Good Point (I would have put that in caps, but then I would be shouting)

Come on, lighten up!

Cheers,
    NO PROBLEM RAYMOND, WHATEVER YOU WANT.

I'LL GO ALONG FOR THE RIDE.

JUST HOPING YOU DON'T GET TO UPSET ABOUT US USING ALL CAPS FOR REPLIES TO YOU.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Steven Meyer Guest

NO PROBLEM RAYMOND, WHATEVER YOU WANT.

FINALLY, SOME ONE POSTED IN LARGE ENOUGH LETTERS AND ALL CAPS SO I CAN SEE AND READ WITH OUT SQUINTING AND USEING MAGNIFING GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

GOOD JOB!!!!!

FOR THOSE OF WHO ARE SIGHT IMPARED ALL POSTS SHOULD BE LIKE THIS. JUST THINK OF IT AS THE READERS DIGEST LARGE PRINT ADDITION.

Steven Meyer Guest

[quote=Jerry Peck;45168]NO PROBLEM RAYMOND, WHATEVER YOU WANT.

[/quot

Jerry,

Use you quiet/whisper keys!!! You are on the east coast, I on the west coast, I could hear you pounding your keys from here!!

As per Raymonds request, Charlie will be shot at sunrise!!! That should solve your problem and give you some closure

Rick Maday Guest

I find the issue a litle silly. If I were to post in German, would that be bad ettiquitte?

Yes, it is kind of silly how you had carried on after a couple people actually tried to help.

If you posted in German people would probably just not pay attention to you. Hmm....

So, caps are bad, but profanity is ok?

No, obviously profanity is not acceptable (most of the time ), have I used profanity?

Gezzz. lets get a grip here.
    So, guess we need a Emily Post book on proper MB ettiquitte?

It wouldn't be bad for those who do not know to read up on proper ettiquitte for any situation. And not blast people who try to help.

Never occurred to me that using caps was an indication of screaming,

Then perhaps you are one that needs to brush up on your MB ettiquitte. Hopefully you have learned something from these posts and the link Joe provided.

in most business letters caps are used to highlight a point.

But they loose their effectiveness when used in an entire paragraph or post and become SHOUTING.

Or did miss something in my communications class?

Probably

Steven Meyer Guest

Yes, it is kind of silly how you had carried on after a couple people actually tried to help.
    If you posted in German people would probably just not pay attention to you. Hmm....

No, obviously profanity is not acceptable (most of the time ), have I used profanity?

It wouldn't be bad for those who do not know to read up on proper ettiquitte for any situation. And not blast people who try to help.

Then perhaps you are one that needs to brush up on your MB ettiquitte. Hopefully you have learned something from these posts and the link Joe provided.

But they loose their effectiveness when used in an entire paragraph or post and become SHOUTING.

Probably
    To me, it's a silly non issue, and people are just a little to sensative and up tight. Who ever came up with caps being shouting has way to much time on their hands. So, what would putting things in a darker font, larger font, is that shouting?

Guess there is a need for an MB dictionary of abbreviations, LOL, IMO, IMOP, BTW, etc. Those are also a little silly, to lazy to type out a few words, or is that just code for the savy internet MB user.

Just amazes me that some can become so angry about such a trivial matter.

So, when/where are caps approprate?[/INDENT]

Rick Maday Guest

To me, it's a silly non issue, and people are just a little to sensative and up tight. Who ever came up with caps being shouting has way to much time on their hands. So, what would putting things in a darker font, larger font, is that shouting?
    Guess there is a need for an MB dictionary of abbreviations, LOL, IMO, IMOP, BTW, etc. Those are also a little silly, to lazy to type out a few words, or is that just code for the savy internet MB user.

Just amazes me that some can become so angry about such a trivial matter.

So, when/where are caps approprate?
    I'm neither sensitive, uptight or angry about this - simply trying to help educate.

Mostly bold, colors etc are used for emphasis in a single word or phrase.
    THE ALL CAPS = SHOUTING is from the beginings of newsgroups, pre-dating the internet as we know it. It is widely accepted as shouting today.

There are many sites that explain what all the abbreviations are. Those developed, I believe, from instant messaging when the net was much slower and people wanted to communicate quickly. Now with all the texting that is out there (and the $$ charges that go with), they are a language all unto their own.

Caps use in standard written grammar applies to MB usage, also.

Kevin Luce Guest

[quote=Rick Maday;45185]I'm neither sensitive, uptight or angry about this - simply trying to help educate.
    quote]

You're beating a dead horse. You informed him about the caps = yelling and everyone else knows about it. Some of us are making light of it after soooo many posts were already written.

I guess we can talk about thread drifts but that itself would be a thread drift from the original post.

I'll have to bring thread drifts up some place else.

Deleted Account Guest

I guess Jerry P's notion of constant learning only applies to the stuff he is interested in. Netiquette, a little something for everyone, no shouting please.

to all

no one is going to shoot charlie --i am a two tour vietnam vet and i invite you to come and try--i will give you my address---i have cut the ears off of many who have tried in NAM--if you don't know what that means--go to vietnam history

this has gone too far-----i just tried to make peace with everyone and try and create unity in a tough and hard working field--within three organizations--that should be sharing inspection problems -instead of who the %#$@ is better--looks like some think this is not do-able--sorry for your thinking--get real it 's not going to change

lets AGAIN TRY AND WORK TOGETHER AND STOP BASHING OTHER ORGANIZATIONS YOU KNOW LITTLE ABOUT.and critizing others and how they $%^&*&^ type

i do write all of my reports in CAPITaL LETTERS AND IN BOLD PRINT--and all of my clients thank me for such a easy reading report

stop the crap brothers and think peace --thats what the world needs and i guess the hi world----just so happens my cap key was off this time---thats how i type if it's on i type if it's off i type--could care less--sorry if i shouted--but is that much of a big deal

love ya all
    charlie

i'm deleting this heartless thread

Deleted Account Guest

no one is going to shoot charlie --i am a two tour vietnam vet and i invite you to come and try--i will give you my address---i have cut the ears off of many who have tried in NAM--if you don't know what that means--go to vietnam history

Charlie,

Do me a favor and put me on your ignore list and I'll do the same, we obviously view things differently and need not bang heads again especially over issues regarding NAHI, I'm pretty sure you won't appreciate my take.

All the best - Joe.

Remove user from ignore list CHARLIE VAN FLEET
    This message is hidden because CHARLIE VAN FLEET is on your ignore list.

Rick Maday Guest

[quote=Kevin Luce;45189]
    I'm neither sensitive, uptight or angry about this - simply trying to help educate.
    quote]

You're beating a dead horse. You informed him about the caps = yelling and everyone else knows about it. Some of us are making light of it after soooo many posts were already written.

I guess we can talk about thread drifts but that itself would be a thread drift from the original post.

I'll have to bring thread drifts up some place else.
    Kevin,

I was responding to Steven's questions that were (from him quoting me) directed at me.

Ron Bibler Guest

Hey charlie thanks for serving our country! I type all my reports in CAPS.
    And get the same from every person. (an ezey read reports).

Don't let some of the wack jobs on the inspection news get to you. They do that stuff because they are limited to that kind of thinking.

Cheap drugs has done a lot of damage to some.

They will be off picking on me next.

Best

Ron.

Steven Meyer Guest

Have a sense of humor Charlie. I thought your ORIGINAL post very interesting and enjoyed it.

Some took it (in caps) as if you were shouting it from the top of the hill!

Some people can just never find the good in anything.

The thread thus got hijacked, into the pros/cons of capital letters and shouting.

kinda pathetic

some days it just doesn't make sense to get out of bed.

Have a good one!!!

Thank you for your service to our country

to all

this has gone too far-----i just tried to make peace with everyone and try and create unity in a tough and hard working field--within three organizations--that should be sharing inspection problems -instead of who the %#$@ is better--looks like some think this is not do-able--sorry for your thinking--get real it 's not going to change

lets AGAIN TRY AND WORK TOGETHER AND STOP BASHING OTHER ORGANIZATIONS YOU KNOW LITTLE ABOUT.and critizing others and how they $%^&*&^ type

i do write all of my reports in CAPITaL LETTERS AND IN BOLD PRINT--and all of my clients thank me for such a easy reading report

stop the crap brothers and think peace --thats what the world needs and i guess the hi world----just so happens my cap key was off this time---thats how i type if it's on i type if it's off i type--could care less--sorry if i shouted--but is that much of a big deal

love ya all
    charlie

i'm deleting this heartless thread

Deleted Account Guest

I type all my reports in CAPS.

Boy, I wish you were in my market, how do they say it... fish in a barrel.

Rick Maday Guest

Charlie,
    1) The only one doing any org bashing was the OP.
    2) No one was "critizing" you - at least not before your "professional" reply - I took the posts about all caps were meant to help you with regards to MB ettiquitte.

As a Director of Education, don't you think you should be a tad more open minded when people try to help you and not be on the defensive right away?

Steven Meyer Guest

Hey charlie thanks for serving our country! I type all my reports in CAPS.
    And get the same from every person. (an ezey read reports).

Don't let some of the wack jobs on the inspection news get to you. They do that stuff because they are limited to that kind of thinking.

Cheap drugs has done a lot of damage to some.

They will be off picking on me next.

Best

Ron.
    I also type many things in caps, as you say, ezy read. Letters a little darker, and larger, and for us old timers, the eye sight goes first. Readers digest large print edition, my idea of eazy reading!

Maybe with the ADA, it can be made law LARGE PRINT ONLY.

No, they will be picking on me, I'm a better/easier target.

Enjoy your evening

Kevin Luce Guest

[quote=Rick Maday;45195]

Kevin,

I was responding to Steven's questions that were (from him quoting me) directed at me.
    I apologize. I'm tired and going to hit the sack now.

Last edited by Kevin Luce; 05-29-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Charlie,

In my reports, the deficiencies were in all caps, however, the other information was not.

My clients also like it as anything which was not right was easy to find and easy to read.

One of the reasons I used all caps for deficiencies instead of highlighting with color is that when the reports are printed out by them or someone else, many times it was printed out on black and white printers, any color highlighting disappears when that is done. Or, they would fax the report (back a long time ago) and color highlighting would disappear. I also tried underlining, but (back then) faxes were not very clean, leaving lines all over, and underlining was either lost or looked like fax markings.

Using all caps for deficiencies solved that.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Rick Maday Guest

Ok, NOW I'm beating a dead horse. With regards to all caps, I believe studies show (and no I don't remember where I read it - just one of those things that sticks in your mind) that people find all caps a bit harder to read, as our brains are not acustomed to this type of writing.

Which is easier to read:

IS THIS EASIER TO READ, IDON'T KNOW. YOU WILL HAVE TO JUDGE FOR YOURSELVES, BUT I DO BELIEVE THAT THIS IS EASIER TO READ. THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPED OVER THE LAZY DOG IS A LINE FROM STRIPES (CIRCA 1983) STARRING BILL MURRAY AND HAROLD RAMIS. JOHN CANDY JUDGE REINHOLD AMONG OTHERS WERE IN THIS FARCE ABOUT A BUNCH OF MISFITS JOINING THE US ARMY. LOOK, HE'S A MUTT HIS NOSE IS COLD. BARNAKEY? BARNAKEY? THAT GUY OWES ME MONEY.

Is this easier to read, I don’t know. You will have to judge for yourselves, but I do believe that this is easier to read. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog is a line from Stripes (circa 1983) starring Bill Murray and Harold Ramis. John Candy, Judge Reinhold among others were in this farce about a bunch of misfits joining the US Army. Look, he’s a mutt – his nose is cold. Barnakey? Barnakey? That guy owes me money.

Ron Bibler Guest

That just drives me up a wall. I take the time to put together a nice report with photos and line out the Section #1 items in red.

and then some wack job prints it out in black and white.

and gives that to the buyers.

Or takes my report and fax to the buyers agents.

When they should have email it to them.

Or i get this one. I can't find my report can you send over another one.

Why did you not save the last report in your computer. Wack Job.

Love ya

Best

Ron

Rick Maday Guest

and then some wack job prints it out in black and white.

and gives that to the buyers.

Or takes my report and fax to the buyers agents.

When they should have email it to them.
    Why wouldn't you email it to whomever was to get the report?

Deleted Account Guest

Ok, NOW I'm beating a dead horse. With regards to all caps, I believe studies show (and no I don't remember where I read it - just one of those things that sticks in your mind) that people find all caps a bit harder to read, as our brains are not acustomed to this type of writing.

Believe me Jerry Peck is not writing defects in all caps because it is easier to read, no, no, no. This is all about forcing the client to read whatever it is Jerry has taken time to publish. Guys like this will tell you that under no circumstanced will they ever use a report Summary Section... You need to read the full text with all the minutia and disclaimer and then the REAL important stuff is written caps to emphasize it and make it stand out from the rest of the mere bullshit that can fill hundreds of pages in one of Jerry's reports. He used to have a sample report on his website that went over 100 pages, I kid you not.

Steven Meyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Believe me Jerry Peck is not writing defects in all caps because it is easier to read, no, no, no. This is all about forcing the client to read whatever it is Jerry has taken time to publish. Guys like this will tell you that under no circumstanced will they ever use a report Summary Section... You need to read the full text with all the minutia and disclaimer and then the REAL important stuff is written caps to emphasize it and make it stand out from the rest of the mere bullshit that can fill hundreds of pages in one of Jerry's reports. He used to have a sample report on his website that went over 100 pages, I kid you not.
    What the heck could one find wrong with a house that would take 100 pages? If the house is that bad, a one short sentance would do, all in caps, of course: RUN, DON'T WALK FROM THE PURCHASE OF THIS HOUSE!!!!!

My masters thesis was not 100 pages!!!

What the heck could one find wrong with a house that would take 100 pages? If the house is that bad, a one short sentance would do, all in caps, of course: RUN, DON'T WALK FROM THE PURCHASE OF THIS HOUSE!!!!!

My masters thesis was not 100 pages!!!

LOL... Hang aound this site and TIJ for a few years, and you too can get enough info to create a 100 pg report.
    Hang with busfart, and, oh well you can join the many that have, in the unemployment line.

Steven Meyer Guest

Steven, Kevin, Ray...

What I find amuseing, is the sillyness of this issue. To be honest, I was never aware of caps being offensive on a MB.

But, heck, I'm old, and unlike my kids, not savy to the ways of the "rules" of posting.

I can see being insulted by what one has to say, but being insulted as to how it is written seems a little petty to me.

Now that I know, and to avoid being slammed for it, I will refrain from using caps. (don't think I have used all caps in the past) Hopefully there are not other issues in posting I am unaware of that will get me in trouble!

There are so many other interesting issues that can be discussed, the use of caps just not high on my priorty list.

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    LOL... Hang aound this site and TIJ for a few years... (my bold)

What the hell is a TIJ were you thinking instead of that jaw disease TMJ?

Rick Maday Guest

I can see being insulted by what one has to say, but being insulted as to how it is written seems a little petty to me.

I wasn't insulted by anything, just trying to help.

Now that I know, and to avoid being slammed for it,
    I also don't think anyone was "slammed" for using caps - perhaps the "tone" of this thread was set by the actual responses (not the WaY tHeY wErE wRiTtEn)
    There are so many other interesting issues that can be discussed, the use of caps just not high on my priorty list.
    Yet you keep coming back and posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast