Default TAREI Seminar this Fri.&Sat in Ft. Worth

Inspection Referral

Default Re: TAREI Seminar this Fri.&Sat in Ft. Worth

Just a question...how many CEU's are HI's required to have? Is it so many hours per year for whatever type of license you hold?

Ted Menelly Guest

2 year license. 32 hours

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Any of you local guys attending this seminar?

I'll be there to round up those CEU's.

rick

You a member Rick????

Wayne,
    You do have to get 16hrs. a year. You can't do all 32hrs. in one year.

Ted,
    Yes I am, how about you?

rick

Ted Menelly Guest

Wayne,

Ted,
    Yes I am, how about you?

rick

Been thinking about it. Had a bad experience when I first moved here and got turned off right away and never did more about it.

This weekend I cannot disappoint about the sweetest little girl you would want to meet on her birthday. My now to be 7 year old niece. Who would think. She actually likes Uncle, or should I say Great Uncle Ted.

Richard Stanley Guest

"You do have to get 16hrs. a year. You can't do all 32hrs. in one year."

Is that new? I thought you could.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stanley View Post
    "You do have to get 16hrs. a year. You can't do all 32hrs. in one year."

Is that new? I thought you could.
    I did all my hours (cause I was a slacker on it) last November just before my license period ended. I guess I will have to read the new rules better if it changed.

From the TREC website
    "You must also have completed 16 classroom hours of commission-approved core/continuing education real estate inspection courses for each 12-month period between your most recent license expiration date and your next license expiration date. Ex: If you currently have a 1 year license you, will need 16 hours; if you currently have a 2 year license, you will need 32 hours. "
    There is some wording to prevent counting the same class in two different years, but I think it is OK to get all your hours in one year or the other.
    I never had to worry about it since I always get extra, but I think it is OK with TREC just so long as you get the hours.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Jim,

This is so confusing because TREC told me on the phone that you had to have the 16 hrs. within a 12 month period.

rick

Ted Menelly Guest

Jim,

This is so confusing because TREC told me on the phone that you had to have the 16 hrs. within a 12 month period.

rick

Nope

32 hours has to be done "within" the 2 years. I usually get more hours but I slacked until the end of ther second year. It just so happened that August 07 to August 08 was my busiest year in 4 years.

Wish I was that busy this year.

A.D. Miller Guest

You are required to obtain 16 hours at an approved facility during each 12-month period. Don't think so? Ask the TREC (512) 465-3989.

Richard Stanley Guest

Interesting. I received an e-mail that the price of the course has been reduced. Economy? Have some of you already paid?

Richard,

I believe that is one day attendee's only.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    You are required to obtain 16 hours at an approved facility during each 12-month period. Don't think so? Ask the TREC (512) 465-3989.
    Word to you moma as Vanilla Ice said.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    "I did all my hours (cause I was a slacker on it) last November just before my license period ended. I guess I will have to read the new rules better if it changed."

Per the TREC website that Jim posted

"You must also have completed 16 classroom hours of commission-approved core/continuing education real estate inspection courses for each 12-month period between your most recent license expiration date and your next license expiration date. Ex: If you currently have a 1 year license you, will need 16 hours; if you currently have a 2 year license, you will need 32 hours. "

Not in each 12 month period unless you have a 12 month license

With saying that in my last post I would say most folks taking these classes weere also scrambling to get their 32 in. Yeah yeah, bunch of slackers only getting their 32, oh well, some folks have a life outside inspecting. Of course that was the first 2 years license period and everyone went to the end. Besides. Not one of those license holders had a suspended or an inactive license because they did not take 16 hours in each 12 month period.

Anyway. Yes you need 16 hours PER EACH 12 MONTH LICENSE PERIOD not have to get them in that 12 month period. You just have to get 32 in the 24 month period, period

I won't tell you what I learned or should I say did not learn from TREC by calling them when I first got here. Depending on who you talk to depends on the answer you get.

A little edit here.

You also have to take your hours from an approved facility, not at an approved facility. You can take a correspondance course and an online or proctored test. As long as it is TREC approved.

Last edited by Ted Menelly; 04-22-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Wayne,

Ted,
    Yes I am, how about you?

rick

Rick, ICC is weird. You have to get 1.5 CEU's for each certification. But the way ICC counts the hours is actually 1/10 of the hours you are actually in class. For my ICC certifications I have to get 4.5 CEU's. That equals to 45 classroom hours. And then I need 6 hours per year for my state plumbing inspectors license.

The plumbing is 6 hours every year where the ICC certs are for 3 years. They don't care if all are in one year or spread out as long as you get them.

So I have to have a total of 45 anytime hours over 3 years for ICC and 6 per year for the state. 63 in 3 years.