Ted Menelly Guest

Default I want one of these

4 cylinder, 112 horse power turbo diesel, 155 miles per hour top speed, 113 miles per gallon.

Just a little bitty 4 cylinder. This has been around since 2002 and they still have not mass produced it for cheap money and massive full savings. There are multiple findings on a search for this and is on the science channel as well

Opel Eco-Speedster Concept, 2003 Eco-Speedster Concept Information | Conceptcarz.com

2003 Opel eco Speedster

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: I want one of these

Nice, but where you going to put your ladder?

Rick

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    4 cylinder, 112 horse power turbo diesel, 155 miles per hour top speed, 113 miles per gallon.

Just a little bitty 4 cylinder. This has been around since 2002 and they still have not mass produced it for cheap money and massive full savings. There are multiple findings on a search for this and is on the science channel as well

Opel Eco-Speedster Concept, 2003 Eco-Speedster Concept Information | Conceptcarz.com

2003 Opel eco Speedster
    Ted: I simply could not get my big ass in that little thing.

I can't afford the wall paper!

Ted Menelly Guest

An inspection with a 100 mile round trip at 113 miles per gallon, less than a gallon round trip. Hmm, I could find a place to put a ladder.

I could just put a 15 ft 300 lb rated step and climb in there.

150 miles and hour, 40 minute round trip

Not to mention adding a little fun to life.

Like I have said in the past. If they had to go a little heavier on the vehicle and only get, lets say, 50 miles per gallon. I could do that. Cut out the carbon fiber which is more than likely the one biggest expence and cut the miles in half...still a good idea. The motor is a basic small diesel with a turbo, no big expence there.

Its not like we need a 3/4 ton, dual cab, 400 horse, gas guzzling monster to do inspections

Robin McCaslin Guest

Wink Re: I want one of these

And yer' silly too! Even though this engine has been around for 7 years, the 80Mpg carburetor off of a simple VW German "Bug" that has been available since the early 60's still isn't allowed in the US. Even our "HyBread" cars are taxed an extra amount for licensing because they don't use the "Expected Gallonage Per Year" as a regular auto would. . .

There are other things too, like the Borax Reactor which isn't allowed, or the Inverted Neton Wheel, or the 100% functional magnetic "Buterfly" motor ether. Even the Ceramic Engine which doesn't use any crank case oil, but the emmissions of the hot exhaust for lubercation, isn't allowed to be manufactured, because it doesn't have the need for "OIL".

Even though they make big noises about how the government wants to get rid of our dependance on Oil, and how the whole world is "Going Green", its still only a bunch of hot air being blown up our skirts to make us think they actualy have our good intent at heart.

. . . Lying buggers anyway!

HOWEVER, Mercedies Benze has come up with a most excelent and cost effective rig. It was first marketed under the Mercedies Benze name, but nobody would buy it think it would cost so much. SO, they re-marketed it under they'er subsidarary, Chyrsler / Dodge. It's the "Sprinter" van, and that vehicle has excelent room inside with an added height as well. Its a 5 cylinder diesel that cranks out some impressive HP and torque, with a 5 speed auto trany and good fuel mileage. . . (Better than 20 MPG, even though my Dodge Cummings 4X4 which gets 26 MPG, but it's still not a van and costs a LOT more.) The price is that of an average "Ho-Hum" van with no people-features costs roughly more in the long run. Even used, as things go here in the US, the Sprinter is still a great value.

Check it out:
    Dodge - 2008 Dodge Sprinter - Low Cost - Fuel Economy

Even though we're not allowed to actualy own and use something that truely is worthey of all the noise the government is making about the eco-inviromently "green" movement, we still can be aware and smart in our choices.

`Luck
    Rob

Michael Larson Guest

Rob,

Do you have any proof for your wild claims.

Not allowed by who?

P.S.

Was 9/11 an inside job?

Robin McCaslin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larson View Post
    Rob,

Do you have any proof for your wild claims.

Not allowed by who?

P.S.

Was 9/11 an inside job?

By the way you instantly take offense, I would think You.

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robin McCaslin View Post
    By the way you instantly take offense, I would think You.
    Yes, I am offended by unsupported claims of magic products and conspiracy theories.

Sorry if that offends you.

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    I simply could not get my big ass in that little thing.

* sorry AD but it was too Wide Open of a Shot.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Robin McCaslin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larson View Post
    Yes, I am offended by unsupported claims of magic products and conspiracy theories.

Sorry if that offends you.
    That only goes to prove that you simply do not pay attention to the things around you, and being an inspector, . . Words simply fail me at this point.
    And no, you don't offend me. Its closer to embarrassment that we are some how related through the human race, that you would even post something as political incorrect as what you spouted off with in the first place. Didn't your mommy teach you ANY manors?? Or do you simply go around trying to start fights for your own personal enjoyment?

And, it is fully supported. EVEN though I didn't list the hundreds of documents as required by the institutes of higher learning as foot notes, that doesn't mean that you can't do a little research for yourself. Try it out sometime. You just may be surprised of how much you have been taken advantage of by not paying attention to what is actually going on around you. Education is a Wonderful thing!

Stephen Meyer Guest

Had an Opel GT in 1970. Ran great, my brother wrecked it and took 6 months to get in body parts. While I was in the army, my brother got 5 or 6 guys in it.......

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Meyer View Post
    Had an Opel GT in 1970. Ran great, my brother wrecked it and took 6 months to get in body parts. While I was in the army, my brother got 5 or 6 guys in it.......
    I had an Opel GT but for the life of me I cannot remeber in the slightest what year it was. That was one of those short lived buy it and sell it things.

Jim Zborowski Guest

Had an 67' Opel Kadette once. Thing got between 35/40mpg depending on how hard I drove it. You gotta remember, they weren't even TRYING to get milage back then. Kinda of convinces me they could do it if they wanted. 'Course, they didn't have the emisions requirements then either.
    Still, in my warped way of thinking, less fuel burned = less emissions.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Zborowski View Post
    Had an 67' Opel Kadette once. Thing got between 35/40mpg depending on how hard I drove it. You gotta remember, they weren't even TRYING to get milage back then. Kinda of convinces me they could do it if they wanted. 'Course, they didn't have the emisions requirements then either.
    Still, in my warped way of thinking, less fuel burned = less emissions.
    Everyone screams loud about emissions from a diesel. well, like you say, if you are getting serious mileage from a diesel then how bad could it be. At 113 miles per gallon it about does not matter what it is spewing out. It has to be better than most any vehicle on the road by 4, 5 0r even 10 fold.

Paul Luczyk Guest

Cool Re: I want one of these

No thanks. I'll keep my 2001 Corvette Convertible that gets 27+ mpg on the highway. I am not sure about top speed, I never had it above 95, as of this date. This may change this summer as we are planning a trip to West Yellowstone.

Oh yea, this is not my inspection rig.

Paul Luczyk
    Mukilteo, WA

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Michael Larson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robin McCaslin View Post
    That only goes to prove that you simply do not pay attention to the things around you, and being an inspector, . . Words simply fail me at this point.
    And no, you don't offend me. Its closer to embarrassment that we are some how related through the human race, that you would even post something as political incorrect as what you spouted off with in the first place. Didn't your mommy teach you ANY manors?? Or do you simply go around trying to start fights for your own personal enjoyment?

And, it is fully supported. EVEN though I didn't list the hundreds of documents as required by the institutes of higher learning as foot notes, that doesn't mean that you can't do a little research for yourself. Try it out sometime. You just may be surprised of how much you have been taken advantage of by not paying attention to what is actually going on around you. Education is a Wonderful thing!
    Yes it is.

Not one shred of evidence provided beyond your spoutings.

For your claims of being fully supported, I see you are unwilling to share your sources,

Do you make up your own standards for home inspections as well?

Thanks for demonstrating that when challenged you can only run your mouth.

BTW-Please do us all a favor and bring these magic products to market.

P.S. Nice web site you have there

Little behind on the 8 Ball.
    All it is going to take is gas to stay around two bucks for this to stay on the back burner.
    Ford PHEV to Get 120 MPG | Jim Kingsdale's Energy Investment Strategies

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schulz View Post
    Little behind on the 8 Ball.
    All it is going to take is gas to stay around two bucks for this to stay on the back burner.
    Ford PHEV to Get 120 MPG | Jim Kingsdale's Energy Investment Strategies
    The cost of these vehicles is the joke. Instead of 20,000 it will be 30 to 40,000

That is a lot of freaking gas.

Enough of the hype. Someone out there has to take the plunge that has billions of dollars and just start mass producing these goodies to bring them down 10 to 20,000 off what they are going to be pushing them for. Produce a hadfull. 40,000. Produce thousands and they'll be 20,000 and they will still make a fortune.

Richard Thacker Guest

I think I would have more fun with this...LiveLeak.com - Snowmobile of 1926 -- SO AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Thacker View Post
    I think I would have more fun with this...LiveLeak.com - Snowmobile of 1926 -- SO AWESOME

Amazing! And from 1926!

I wonder if the drums were water tight and would have allowed that to displace enough water to "float" and go across water?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Richard Thacker Guest

I was thinking the same thing. The tractor would have been too unstable though, but I believe other applications would have been fun to try,

How, how, HOW have I been living without this?

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    How, how, HOW have I been living without this?

Think about how far out that is going to intrude on the space to the sides of the toilet ... it will project the toilet paper roll out another 4" or so (looks like maybe that far).

Who wants the toilet paper roll in their lap? Guess some designers just do not think things through?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com