Default Help with Chinese drywall inspections

I have had a lot of people calling me about inspecting for chinese drywall
    The question I have is how do I cover myself and my company against legal matters with these inspections. I am not sure what type of insurance is required or what type of disclaimer if any is required? I am not even sure who to even contact about doing sample testing. I want to be able to help and guide people in the right direction. Looking for input in south Florida.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Donald Stiller Guest

Default Re: Help with Chinese drywall inspections

Hey Mark,
    I'm here in St. Lucie County and have seen a lot of press about this problem also. So far no one has called me, but same as you I need some answers. Call me if you have something to share at 772-201-7679 and I will post or call you back. Thanks, Donald

I would not worry about implied warranties, insurance, etc., as you are only telling your client what you have found in the limited locations checked - nothing else.

Instead of expensive testing the first step should be looking for evidence of what type of drywall was installed.

This can be done by looking in the attic, removing insulation and reading the name and information along the backside of the drywall or along the edges (depending upon the manufacturer depends on what you will find where, as I recall, that Knauf Chinese drywall was only labeled along the edges).

Then you will need to make some cuts to remove drywall along the joint between the two sheets installed on the walls, being as drywall comes in 4 foot sheets installed horizontally (usually) on the wall with the drywall raised 1/2" to 1" above the floor, the horizontal joint will be at the 4'1" line above the floor, give or take, and you will want to cut out sections 6" above and below that line, from stud to stud to stud (three studs, two stud bays) to get 4 foot long sections, having a better chance of finding the name information along those edges.

Then, of course, a drywall contractor will need to come in and make a proper patch if you do not find that type of drywall. If you do find the Knauf Chinese drywall, simply temporarily put that piece you removed back, or, if it broke, install a new piece. Keep the piece(s) with the name and information on it as evidence of what was installed.

Of course, take photos.

If you do not find that drywall, there is a good chance none of it was used, however, as *on occasion* different brands may been mixed in one installation, you cannot definitively state that none is present, only that you did not find it where you checked - and that is all you can report on anyway.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

A characteristic discoloration on copper can be an indication.

Do what Jerry has laid out.

Personally, I would get with a drywall contractor in advance and setup this type of inspection with them. Have all of your ducks in a row so you look like you know what you are doing. I would even have the drywall contractor doing the cutting and removal. All I would do is take the pictures and write the report of what was found. Build all of this in to your price and I don't think you will find too many homeowners who are willing to shell out the money to do it properly. I would not even attempt to quote a fee of less than $1,500 to do this type of work.

Bottom line is you want to find this in the following photo:

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Last edited by Scott Patterson; 04-05-2009 at 09:11 AM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Scott,

Is that your photo?

If so can I use it in a newsletter?

Thanks.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Exclamation Re: Help with Chinese drywall inspections

1. Decomposing gypsum based wall board in landfills releasing and contaminating ground water from landfills has been an issue known.

Anerobic conditons (lack of oxygen/air), moisture, and sufur reducing bacteria are a part of that well-known process.

2. We are air-sealing homes. We are trapping moisture in wall cavities. We are accutely aware of such problems resulting in Florida, i.e. mold.

3. The "issue" although presently Chinese products are being targeted, may not be limited to China-origin paper-faced products.

4. If you are not qualified and/or insured and/or insured to be doing environmental surveys/consulting/engineering/analysis or destructive examinations/sampling/testing perhaps you shouldn't be.

5. This subject/topic activity may be best left to environmental engineers. At a minimum consulting with same. The liability, judgement (what should and should not be opened), sampling, conclusions, statements, etc. and the advanced science behind the subject concern is not something that can be reconcilled by the average home inspector.

6. Insurance underwriters are very "prickly" on this "breaking-news" issue and HIs as well as contractors who "piecemeal" patches from such "inspections".

7. As of yet there are no standardized criteria for inspection by a HI or for remediation.

8. Ask yourself, with several class-actions "in the works" do you wish to be a domestic defending "pocket", should your activities in some way jepordize or compromise your "client's" status or you be alledged to be in some way negligent, contributory to the problem, or disqualifying? Without some sort of standard having been established how can you assure your performance?

FYI A Material Odor Mystery Over Foul-Smelling Drywall | ENR: Engineering News Record | McGraw-Hill Construction

Imported Drywall and Sulfur Odors

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Personally, I would get with a drywall contractor in advance and setup this type of inspection with them. Have all of your ducks in a row so you look like you know what you are doing. I would even have the drywall contractor doing the cutting and removal. All I would do is take the pictures and write the report of what was found. Build all of this in to your price and I don't think you will find too many homeowners who are willing to shell out the money to do it properly. I would not even attempt to quote a fee of less than $1,500 to do this type of work.

Bottom line is you want to find this in the following photo:

Scott,

I couldn't have said it any better, and I didn't say it even as good, but you are exactly right as to how to do it.

The HI should only be there to "document" what was found and the work which went on to check for it.

Looks like a couple of cuts were made, and that if facing down to a floor with the baseboard, with the name vertical on the back of the board, was it that way?

I would also like to use that photo with your permission.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    Scott,

Is that your photo?

If so can I use it in a newsletter?

Thanks.
    No, I did not take the photo. It was sent to me by an attorney out of Mississippi for who I have done work for in the past. I think she got it from another case she was working on.

I see no reason that the picture can not be used. We just do not know who took the picture.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 04-05-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I see no reason that the picture can not be used. We just do not know who took the picture.

Then the photo can be used with the caption of something like 'An example of identifying name on back side of Knauf drywall from China.'

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I've never known an attorney who wasn't savy enough to include a proviso for any email communication (including attachments) or fax communication that read something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Standard Attorney Confidential Disclaimer
    "The information contained in this e-mail communication is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient named above.

This message may be an attorney-client communication and, as such, is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and/or reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message."
    And I've never worked for an attorney who was too dumb to have acquired a confidentiality/workproduct agreement even for review or "bouncing ideas". No attorney worth their salt would jepordize a SETTLEMENT/CONFIDENTIALITY/GAG CONTINGENCY agreement for their client.

Point being, if the photo doesn't belong to you, and you really did get it from an attorney who CONSULTED you on spec or on behalf of an actual client, you shouldn't be publishing it.

Of course, anyone who actually does such work/consulting/etc. would know that.

Bottom line, if it aint' your work, you have no business publishing it; if it was work product of an attorney-client relationship you especially have no business publishing it.

And if you can't verify its origin you have no business publishing it.

That photo is well suited for use as " 'An example of identifying name on back side of Knauf drywall from China.' "

Unless, of course, you could not read that part.

The photo is simply showing the name on the back of a piece of drywall and cannot be tied to any case or attorney.

With photos like that, there are many attorneys savvy enough to know that and they do not, would not, have a problem with that use.

Anyone who actually has much smarts and knows things would know that.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

No, and that's nothing but self-justifying MANURE, akin to that home inspector that think's finders keepers.

If it isn't a photo Scott took himself, and has the rights to he shouldn't be republishing it, ESPECIALLY if it was sourced from an Attorney who sent it to him and discussed something with him regarding it.

Its not only COPYRIGHT infringement, it could be evidence/documents of a court case which is UNDER SEAL.

Indirect Criminal Contempt is a felony.

So is violating an attorney client privledge, so is publishing work product.

You can't justify it away, its wrong.

Its also against the user agreement here, and could potentially expose our host.

If it isn't your own photo, or used with expressed permission of the creator/owner it shouldn't be used.

By the way that's Conversion, yet another crime. You have no way to know what the VALUE of said photo is, esp. if a gag order is a part of a settlement, and exposure could cost the client tens of thousands in return of a settlement plus penalties.

Interstate, wire, internet....cha ching goes Federal.

It is abundantly obvious that neither of you two posers have a clue. It is also abundantly obvious that neither of you have any experience whatsoever in toxic tort litigation.

Watson,

You really have no clue do you?

With a photo like that, as general and non-specific as that is, I know of no attorney who would say 'No, you cannot use that photo.'

You just simply, always and without thinking or considering anything, jump off the cliff and yell Fire! as you go.

Not unlike your incessant diatribes about copyright and copyright infringement and you have no clue as to the exceptions, the most prevalent and applicable one being "fair use".

Your blatant lack of knowledge regarding so many of your posts underwhelms us all to the point that you yelling "The sky is falling, the sky is falling ... " simply makes us view anything and everything you say with skepticism.

There is 'some' truth and concern to your point, but, as always, you blow it so far out of realm and importance as to make your point useless.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

No, I did not take the photo.
    Thanks Scott. I have posted a link to your website for anyone who'd like to read your poser qualifications.

Scott Patterson

Wade Johnson Guest

Does anyone have any idea if this was used in Brevard County.
    Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Johnson View Post
    Does anyone have any idea if this was used in Brevard County.
    Wade

Wade,

Do not know ... yet.

All I can say is that for something which was supposedly 'only in Southeast Florida' originally, it has shown up in many other parts of Florida, in Virgina, and likely in many other areas.

A boatload shipment of drywall from China is not likely to be used in just one location, and that has turned out to be true.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Wade Johnson Guest

Do you recommend adding some sort of disclaimer to the inspection agreement/contract?

Watson,

I really do not like you or your assertions, and the sad thing is that I have never met you! You, never add anything meaningful to a thread.

That photo has no identifying marks that could relate back to any case, person, or situation. It is a picture of drywall that has been cut and a tile floor. Actually I cropped the picture down to take out something else that did not need to be seen. It is apparent that you simply do not have a clue as to how things are in the real world.

I can assure you that you will never see anything from me that will impact or be part of an active or settled litigation case that I'm part of. The same goes for any information that I might receive on an active or settled case. Now, once that case has been to the jury and the verdict has been awarded then it is a public document for all to see.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Now, once that case has been to the jury and the verdict has been awarded then it is a public document for all to see.

Scott,

Watson does not understand "public" as in "public documents", among other things, such as copyrights and "fair use".

Watson would rather spout his commending demanding opinion and then hide behind his misconception that he is not allowed to back it up.

One thing Watson has proven is that he has no idea how to use message boards or what they are for.

Maybe now Watson can fight with you sometimes instead of just fighting with me? I will gladly share with you the burden of keeping Watson at bay, here is a spare light-saber, may the force be with you in your battle with the Dark Side.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Wade,

Do not know ... yet.

All I can say is that for something which was supposedly 'only in Southeast Florida' originally, it has shown up in many other parts of Florida, in Virgina, and likely in many other areas.

A boatload shipment of drywall from China is not likely to be used in just one location, and that has turned out to be true.
    It is also in Mississippi and in Louisiana. I was contacted by an enviromenitial consulting firm that is working on some jobs in those states. It has also been found in commercial buildings in the gulf coast states that were impacted by Katrina and Rita.

I also received a notice that two of the ports it came into the country were the Port of New Orleans and the Port of Houston. It most likely came into some others as well.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Scott,

Watson does not understand "public" as in "public documents", among other things, such as copyrights and "fair use".

Watson would rather spout his commending demanding opinion and then hide behind his misconception that he is not allowed to back it up.

One thing Watson has proven is that he has no idea how to use message boards or what they are for.
    Maybe now Watson can fight with you sometimes instead of just fighting with me? I will gladly share with you the burden of keeping Watson at bay, here is a spare light-saber, may the force be with you in your battle with the Dark Side.
    Perhaps, Watson could share his contact information with us along with a website so we can see who he really is? I have seen his writing style in other post, but I can't put my finger on who it was from. Oh well, I'm off to look at a project in the sleet and snow on this lovey April day!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I guess this is a hot subject. Still not sure how to handle this completely.
    Here are some pictures of what I found in a friends house
    The drywall picture I found in the attic

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Mark,

Mind if I use that photo as another example of Chinese drywall?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thumbs up Re: Help with Chinese drywall inspections

Jerry,
    Go right ahead.

Daniel Leung Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Beckerman View Post
    I have had a lot of people calling me about inspecting for chinese drywall
    The question I have is how do I cover myself and my company against legal matters with these inspections. I am not sure what type of insurance is required or what type of disclaimer if any is required? I am not even sure who to even contact about doing sample testing. I want to be able to help and guide people in the right direction. Looking for input in south Florida.
    Mark, if you want to help the people. Why not ask them to do a quick check in their home as I posted in another thread.
    Toxic drywall inspection do-it-yourself:
    * Was your home built after 2000?
    * Have a strong sulfur smell (like a rotten-egg smell)?
    * Have breathing irritation or headaches while at home?
    * Have corroded copper coils in air-conditioner or discolored copper waterpipe (or copper electrical wires in receptacle)?
    * Have "KNAUF" in black ink, or "CHINA" in red ink, or "ASTM36C" stamp on the back or edge tape of your drywall? (if no visible drywall back in house, look inside the attic to see the back of ceiling)

henri chero Guest

Gentlemen
    As inspectors you must do a thorough job to identify the problem.You can also help the homeowners in a way so that they can stay in their homes while the litigation is going on.This may take years.The emanations from the walls are definately poisonous.
    We are a Air solution company who have much experience with this problem in the industrial sector.
    This is our story:
    Over the last two months we have been receiving inquiries from Canadian and US homeowners who were concerned about a very offensive odor in their homes.
    Upon further study it was found that the problem was due to hydrogen sulfide gas and other chemical gases emanating from the Chinese dry wall material used in the building of homes.
    In our opinion, taking immediate action by protecting the homeowners from the gaseous emissions and the dangerous contaminants, while in their homes, was the main priority.
    As manufacturers of air quality solutions for over 15 years, we have been experts in the field of the filtration of dangerous Volatile Organic Compounds from indoor environments.
    We have sold our units to many top American hospitals and laboratories including the Mayo Clinic, Los Alamos National Laboratory, American Science & Engineering Inc, Purdue University / MMDC, Boeing ,
    Stillwater Medical Center Authority, 86th Combat Support Hospital (Ibn Sina) and many others
    Our specialized units are built using a 4 stage filtering system that includes up to 36 lbs of activated carbon specific to the chemicals, fumes and voc’s targeted.
    Our model” 6000 DX VOCARB 2X” is equipped with a special carbon filtering system that will neutralize hydrogen sulfide gases, hydrogen sulfide ,sulfur dioxide ,carbon dioxide and carbonyl sulfide.
    The price of the machine is $ US1199.98.
    We can sell or lease the machines directly to the homeowners We can deliver these units very rapidly upon request, thus, insuring the safety of the families living in affected homes
    Please think of the idea of becoming our distributors in Florida .Not only would you submit a report on the chemical emanations of the walls but you can also supply a solution that would permit them to stay safely in his home while litigation takes its course.
    I look forward to your feedback,
    With Best Regards

Henri Chero
    Sales and Marketing Executive
    AllerAir Industries
    Air Purifiers for Completely Clean Indoor Air - Activated Carbon & HEPA.
    1 888 8528 247 ext 239
    henrich@allerair.com

Richard Stanley Guest

Brian, Did this guy pay you to be on here?

henri chero Guest

this guy did not pay anybody,I am just trying to help victims of this disaster stay alive while in their homes.
    This is a temporary solution for the homeowners not to get sick until their litigation is resolved.Can you offer a better idea?
    with regards
    Henri Chero

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Henri, if you have a product to offer/sell, you should contact Brian Hannigan who is the owner of this site about making arrangements to properly advertise your product. If you have a product or service that may be of good use, great. Just pay to advertise like anybody else.

henri chero Guest

Hi Nick

well noted ,but really its not about selling.its about making the inspectors know that something is out there to help the homeowners.Otherwise they would just confirm the problem and give no immediate solution...
    Shouldn't the people that pay for inspection be given the immediate solution to their woes along with the inspection.

Richard Stanley Guest

"This is a temporary solution for the homeowners not to get sick until their litigation is resolved.Can you offer a better idea?"

Yeah. Get out of the house if it is making them sick. As soon as the attorneys sue somebody and get a payoff, the residents won't be sick anymore and can move back in to their homes. Remember 'mold is gold'!! De Ja Vu.

But you are definitely 'trying to help' ...yourself. $1300 fo an air freshener??? Give us a break.

The Chinese drywall issue is going the same direction that EIFS did. The folks sue the manufacturer, importer, builder, etc., will be lucky if they can get it through the courts within 2-3 years. Then once their attorney takes their cut of say 40% plus expenses the homeowner will not have enough to properly fix their home. I saw this time and time again with EIFS.

Then the manufacturer, importer and builder will offer or institute a class action settlement. This then protects them from additional lawsuits from individuals that do not opt out of the settlement. If history repeats itself as it so often does, very few will opt out of the settlement. The settlement is much quicker and does not cost the homeowner anything, except the fair price for having the needed repairs done.

If it was me and I could afford to do the repairs, I would document everything with lab test, in$pection report$, video and still photos. I would then have the bad drywall removed along with damaged wire and HVAC equipment. Then I would get my own attorney that is not part of a class action and sue for the damages. But, most will not do this simply because of the cost.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

henri chero Guest

These people will be in their infected homes for the next year.What do they do until they are moved out.They can't breath hydrogen sulfides and stay healthy.
    Lawyers will take their time with this.
    What I am proposing is a way to stay in their homes.Not with an air freshener but with a machine that will neutralize hydrogen sulfide gases, hydrogen sulfide ,sulfur dioxide carbon dioxide and carbonyl sulfide.This is an industrial unit.
    We already have shipped these units to Vancouver Canada to homeowners who had to stay in their chinese drywall infested homes .Their houses are now livable eventhough the walls are still emanating sulfides,but it is controlled by the purification system.
    Best Regards
    Henri

Richard Stanley Guest

Maybe I missed it ... Has anyone seen the science to tie the said drywall components to the corrosion and air quality anomalies being reported. All I have seen / read is a growing mob behavior ie; metal corroding (in coastal areas) duh!, sulphuric odors, lets get rich - quick, help me out of my upside down house purchase, etc. Where is the science?? Yes, I am a skeptic. It is, of course, helping the economy by creating opportunities like the one in this thread - air freshener.

Scott, Who are they going to sue?

henri chero Guest

the corrosion is due to the moisture inside the walls mixing with the hydrogen sulfide gases,this forms sulfuric acid that eats metal,wood,copper etc.

At this point it cant be stopped but it can gases,odors and fumes can be neutralized,not by an air freshner but by a medical hepa filter + a 36 lb activated vocarb carbon filter that is
    designed for H2S.
    This is not an air freshner.
    HC

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stanley View Post
    Scott, Who are they going to sue?

Whoever has the deep pockets! Top of the list would be the manufacturer, distributor and the builders.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

henri chero Guest

ACCORDING TO WATCHDOG AMERICA,THIS IS GOING TO INVOLVE 500,000 HOMES.
    THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST LAWSUIT FOR HOMEBUILDERS IN US HISTORY.
    THER HAVE BEEN DEATHS INVOLVED WITH THIS ALREADY.IT STARTED IN 3 STATES,NOW ITS UP TO 28 STATES.
    HC

Daniel Leung Guest

Quote Originally Posted by henri chero View Post
    At this point it cant be stopped but it can gases,odors and fumes can be neutralized,not by an air freshner but by a medical hepa filter + a 36 lb activated vocarb carbon filter that is
    designed for H2S.
    This is not an air freshner.
    HC
    Henri, thank you for telling us the neutralization method. The performance depends on many unknown factors and the cost of filters is not provided. I'm sorry, the neutralization is not a perfect solution for the case. I think the cheaper and better way is ventilation - open the windows immediately.

For the long-term safety and comfortable, the better way is install a Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV). House with HRV is quite common in Vancouver, BC., especially for the radiant heating house. This energy saving ventilation equipment is qualified for federal grants and provincial rebates.

The best solution is: remove the problem drywalls.

Anyway, thank you for your information.

Last edited by Daniel Leung; 04-16-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling check

Quote Originally Posted by henri chero View Post
    ACCORDING TO WATCHDOG AMERICA,THIS IS GOING TO INVOLVE 500,000 HOMES.
    THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST LAWSUIT FOR HOMEBUILDERS IN US HISTORY.
    THER HAVE BEEN DEATHS INVOLVED WITH THIS ALREADY.IT STARTED IN 3 STATES,NOW ITS UP TO 28 STATES.
    HC
    Can you cite a source that I can verify the deaths and the number of states that it has been found in? Right now I know of only a few states that it has been discovered in and no deaths have been reported.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

archivoyeur Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stanley View Post
    Maybe I missed it ... Has anyone seen the science to tie the said drywall components to the corrosion and air quality anomalies being reported. All I have seen / read is a growing mob behavior ie; metal corroding (in coastal areas) duh!, sulphuric odors, lets get rich - quick, help me out of my upside down house purchase, etc. Where is the science?? Yes, I am a skeptic. It is, of course, helping the economy by creating opportunities like the one in this thread - air freshener.
    (Bold italics are my edits-my thoughts exactly)

Since our last remodel wjen we "buttoned up" the walls we have been detecting mysterious sulphuric vapors emanating from the general location of our dog. We have used this product, ironically purchased from Chinatrade.com

Last edited by archivoyeur; 04-16-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: syntax

henri chero Guest

Richard Stanley Guest

A Florida Department of Health analysis found the Chinese drywall emits "volatile sulfur compounds," and contains traces of strontium sulfide, which can produce the rotten-egg odor and reacts with air to corrode metals and wires.
    But the agency says on its Web site that it "has not identified data suggesting an imminent or chronic health hazard at this time."

"The studies we have performed to date have identified very low levels of naturally occurring compounds," Goad said. "The levels we have detected do not present a public health concern. The chemicals are naturally occurring. They're produced in ocean water, in salt marsh air, in estuaries."

Dr. Patricia Williams, a University of New Orleans toxicologist hired by a Louisiana law firm that represents plaintiffs in some of the cases, said she has identified highly toxic compounds in the drywall, including hydrogen sulfide, sulfuric acid, sulfur dioxide and carbon disulfide.

Gee, I wonder why she did that?? $$$$

Richard Stanley Guest

Smile Re: Help with Chinese drywall inspections

"we have been detecting mysterious sulphuric vapors emanating from the general location of our dog."

I think you may have hit on something. Is it possible that all of these same homeowners have dogs?

"Whoever has the deep pockets! Top of the list would be the manufacturer, distributor and the builders."

Manufacturer - In china
    Builder - bankrupt
    Distributor - About to be bankrupt

In this part of the country, we had lots of Mexican drywall during that time period. They were even kind enough to send their own installers. There have been reports of taco, enchilada, and beer odors mixed with some methane ever since.

henri chero Guest

GENTLEMEN
    WE WANT TO TEST IN A CHINESE WALL INFECTED HOME ON HOW MUCH WE CAN HALT THE PROBLEM WITH OUR SPECIALIZED AIR CLEANING UNITS.
    WE WOULD SEND THE MACHINES FOR FREE FOR THE TEST ON A MEDIUM SIZE HOUSE.
    DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLIENT'S HOME TO TEST.
    HENRI CHERO

henri chero Guest

Our units have been tested in Florida and they are helping homeowners to stay in their homes safely until final solution and litigation is concluded.
    If Inspectors want to inquire about these units that reduce and neutralize the H2S and 9 other chemicals found in the drywall...please contact SPIDERMAN MULHOLLAND
    US BUILDING CONSULTANTS INC.PHONE CELL 352 222 5025

Paul Peck Guest

Sorry about bringing this old thread up but... We are seeing quite a few homes here in Brevard County, Florida and neighboring Counties aswell. In most, the rotten egg smell is very strong and there is corrosion on a/c coils, faucets, shower heads and pipe flanges. If anyone has any questions or needs help on a project let me know.

-Paul

Last edited by Paul Peck; 02-07-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Troy Eskew Guest

Sorry Henri. I just don't think I could hire or buy anything from someone named spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    No, and that's nothing but self-justifying MANURE, akin to that home inspector that think's finders keepers.

If it isn't a photo Scott took himself, and has the rights to he shouldn't be republishing it, ESPECIALLY if it was sourced from an Attorney who sent it to him and discussed something with him regarding it.

Its not only COPYRIGHT infringement, it could be evidence/documents of a court case which is UNDER SEAL.

Indirect Criminal Contempt is a felony.

So is violating an attorney client privledge, so is publishing work product.

You can't justify it away, its wrong.

Its also against the user agreement here, and could potentially expose our host.

If it isn't your own photo, or used with expressed permission of the creator/owner it shouldn't be used.

By the way that's Conversion, yet another crime. You have no way to know what the VALUE of said photo is, esp. if a gag order is a part of a settlement, and exposure could cost the client tens of thousands in return of a settlement plus penalties.

Interstate, wire, internet....cha ching goes Federal.

It is abundantly obvious that neither of you two posers have a clue. It is also abundantly obvious that neither of you have any experience whatsoever in toxic tort litigation.
    Here's a link fellas, and MaMa, that I found with Scott's photo. A company named Trace Inspections in Tenessee is using the identical pic. The way I see it, use it all you like, you know, "FINDERS-KEEPERS !!!"
    Google Image Result for http://www.traceinspections.com/Chinese_drywall.jpg

Scott, what's your picture doing on that website link! Suppose I should've scrolled down a little further before posting the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hintz View Post
    Here's a link fellas, and MaMa, that I found with Scott's photo. A company named Trace Inspections in Tenessee is using the identical pic. The way I see it, use it all you like, you know, "FINDERS-KEEPERS !!!"
    Google Image Result for http://www.traceinspections.com/Chinese_drywall.jpg
    OK, here is another site in Florida that is making use of the same photo of the Chinese Drywall. It is a real esate investing site called Gulf Returns.com....... None of your names or faces were found on it

Google Image Result for http://www.gulfreturns.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Chinese_drywall-300x200.jpg

Finally, here is another site using the same exact image of the chinese drywall that Scott provided. It is a great shot of the labeling and it seems that others have thought the same as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hintz View Post
    Finally, here is another site using the same exact image of the chinese drywall that Scott provided. It is a great shot of the labeling and it seems that others have thought the same as well.
    Google Image Result for http://bestinspector.inspectorxsites.com/xSites/Inspectors/bestinspector/Content/UploadedFiles/Knauf%20Sheetrock.jpg

"Interim Guidance – Identification of Homes with Corrosion from Problem Drywall, by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Department of Housing and Urban Development, January 28, 2010"

http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page/po...ance012810.pdf

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com