Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

hubert young Guest

Red face newbie

Hi everyone. This home inspection thing is a change of career for me. Today, I will find out if I will get a training allowance from the government to persue education in home inspection. I think it is important to acquire the proper training in this field and get accredited. I live in Manitoba, Canada, and would like to take the training from a school that is recognized in this area. Any suggestions out there?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: newbie

What draws you to the home inspection industry versus all other career choices? And why now?

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

Hubert - Welcome to the board!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

hubert young Guest

Smile Re: newbie

Hi Bruce, thats a very good question. Why home inspection? I've always enjoyed working around the home. My dad is an electrican, and as a lad growing up in Trinidad,W.I, I used to help him repair appliances and wire houses. Dad is a perfectionist in his trade, and that virtue stayed with me. At some time in the past I tried getting apprenticed in plumbing, and carpentry, only to be layed off on the 89th day, so the company wont have to sign the apprentice papers on the 90th day(end of probation period). I was trained as a painter by a master painter who took me under his wing because I showed interest. That training was priceless. I worked for a handyman for some time gaining varied experiences. Then I took diesel mechanics and graduated with a diploma which got me work with CPRail in Winnipeg. I worked there for 20yrs, until a back injury put an end to that. I was told that my employer could not accommedate my return to regular duties because of medical restrictions
    So I have to do something different to support my family-an try an give them the quality of life we've gotten used to.
    I am a home owner that live in the country-After living out here for over 14yrs, I wonder if any of these country homes got permits when they were built.
    I would like to work from home, and would like to see things done correctly. People are being taken for a ride and dont know until its too late. I would like to make a difference. Thats why training is so important.

William Brady Guest

I case you have not gotten the information needed for good training here is a site you can go to for that info. AHIT.com

Mitchell Toelle Guest

Wink Re: newbie

Hubert,

Just curious, if your back injury made you disabled to do mechanic work, how are you going to crawl attics and crawlspaces? Just a thought.

You don't need a "training allowance from the government to pursue home inspection education." Training courses are all free and online in the inspection industry.

Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

Bruce Adams Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    You don't need a "training allowance from the government to pursue home inspection education." Training courses are all free and online in the inspection industry.
    This is not totally true. You can go to a good Inspection School of which there are several. And get the proper training and support you need. So you make less mistakes in the beginning and have someone to fall back on when you need that good advice. Although I do not believe in the Government Handouts this is a good cause and I would prefer they go for things in proper education. Most of the schools you get to actually go on an inspection. You get to meet others in the business. You have a better understanding of what you need to do, and what you should report on.
    Yes you can go on the internet to the InterNACHI site take there online courses, take there online test (that my 12 year old grandson took and passed) and join InterNACHI. And then call yourself a certified home inspector. This is not really Certification. And not good training for the New Inspector getting into this industry.
    You can get the proper training, join a good national association, such as ASHI or NAHI get the proper Certification. Certification through ASHI is the only one that is seen by the Government as meeting the requirements for certification.
    I would also recommend that you go on a couple of inspections with a good inspector before even going to get training to see and understand what the inspector has to do. Also after your training that you go on several inspections with a good inspector and learn all you can from him. Then go out on your own.
    Don't be that third rate inspector that went on the internet got there training and hung out there shingle. Do the right things to become that good, respected Inspector. Take that six months to a year to do the correct things.
    Bruce

I'm pretty sure he's referring to an actual home inspection training school. Not some third-rate online "certification".

MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

LOL.. If he's a smart man, before deciding on free online education, he will go to another open to the public home inspector chat board where he will see many inspectors that took the as you claim "free" training , bitch and moan how other inspectors that paid for professional training are getting all of the work, and the ones that went the "free" way and bought supper dupper non-verified certificiations, are hanging out 24-7 on that site hoping to get some usless freebies, going broke, getting out of business or have to get 2nd jobs.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 12-20-2010 at 09:41 AM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

I don't understand what you mean. InterNACHI's free, online inspection courses have been awarded over 600 government approvals and accreditations. Scroll down the right column of How to become a home inspector: Free Inspector Education and Training - InterNACHI

Can you explain?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

I don't understand what you mean. InterNACHI's free, online inspection courses have been awarded over 600 government approvals and accreditations. Scroll down the right column of How to become a home inspector: Free Inspector Education and Training - InterNACHI

Can you explain?
    Bureaucrats tend to approve just about anyting that is presented to them.

What's that saying that Nick has about licensing and the government agencies? Something like they are the minimal requirement and do not mean very much.

As with most everything of value, you tend to get what you pay for.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

As with most everything of value, you tend to get what you pay for.
    I agree with Scott. InterNACHI paid over two million dollars to develop all its online video inspection courses and acquire all those approval and accreditations.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

I agree with Scott. InterNACHI paid over two million dollars to develop all its online video inspection courses and acquire all those approval and accreditations.
    The value is found with the user of the product and not with the creator of it!

When it is all said and done, the quality of an educational product is measurable by the students increase of knowledge or a better a understanding of the subject matter.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Bruce Adams Guest

Lisa
    Show me where InterNACHI got there accreditations from. You do not have a third party that maintains and gives your test. What Standards do the Inspectors with InterNACHI really have to meet. They are Certified the day they send you money to become a member of your association. So the day they go out to do there first inspection by your standards they are certified. You say that you have a 40/60 percent pass/fail rate for the InterNACHI test. If you have 60% fail rate those that fail your test should not take it over because they should not even be trying to get into the Inspection industry.
    Lisa you belong to a third rate association that has set this industry back by about 10 to 20 years.
    A person that is wishing to become an Inspector should get into it the correct way. Not going through a third rate internet association and getting the word Certified in front of there name. They should get the proper training from a CERTIFIED school. Join a truly accredited association. And go through the proper procedures to get that certification that they can be proud of. They're not going to find PRIDE anywhere with InterNACHI.
    Bruce

Ted Menelly Guest

Not to beet things up at all but just as any company or organization, especially a home inspector association.....INACHI did not pay to have any of it's video education courses made. The members paid for it. There is a serious amount of cash that flows into INACHI every year,,,,,a large fortune. INACHI pays for nothing. All the outside businesses partners and business ventures and all it's members pays for everything so nothing is free and I wish I could for once stop reading this....everything is free story, over and over and over and over.

If someone thinks that they are getting something for nothing or if someone is telling you it is free.................the trust should stop right there. Nothing is free in life. It is paid for by someone and if you become a member you are one of the ones paying for it. Everything INACHI does is done by it's members as in its members and business associates.

There is someone else that comes on here saying he does this and he does taht and it is all for free. He donates his time..............like he is not making a financial return for his "donation". No one works for nothing. Everyone that does anything related to work gets paid for it monetarily one way or another.

Nothing is free

END OF RANT

Lisa
    Show me where InterNACHI got there accreditations from.
    See right column of our inspector education page, scroll down, and click on any of the government agencies.

You do not have a third party that maintains and gives your test.
    Of course not. Do Universities send their students somewhere else to take their quizzes and exams?

What Standards do the Inspectors with InterNACHI really have to meet.
    See our membership requirements page, and scroll down. It is arguably the finest ramp-up of any professional association. Our requirements are of course on top of, and above and beyond whatever entry-level training or beginner's exams your individual state might require.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Hubert Young,

Hello and welcome.

Sorry your introduction to the forum has been spammed by L.E.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Lisa Endza,

When/if Inter-Nachi becomes a NON-PROFIT legitimate professional ORGANIZATION, it might have a chance. As it is a for-profit enterprise, pay for your advertising to be placed where it belongs, in the proper manner, or knock it off.

In the meantime don't spam topic threads, don't derail discussions, and especially don't infiltrate Self-Introductions by new members of THIS FORUM.

In the mean time as a for-profit personal capital machine its "educational" arm is nothing more than a diploma mill.

Anyway, it matters not what Lisa E or the other family members have to say on the subject.

The OP is in Canada, and frankly if he's interested in taking recognized technical or college educational courses, leave him alone with the unsolicited infomercial spam. I seriously doubt your enteprise is a worthy or approved use of such funding.

He's asking here, not on YOUR hosted site.So far the OP hasn't asked YOU a single question, your unending solicitiation and spam reeks of despiration and is beyond tiresome.

You and your spam are off topic, unwelcome, and unappreciated. We all know there IS NO FREE LUNCH!

PLEASE STOP IT NOW.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 12-20-2010 at 03:28 PM.

I'm just answering questions that were specifically asked of me.

Now as for
    When/if Inter-Nachi becomes a NON-PROFIT
    , InterNACHI is not only non-profit, but has also been granted Federal Tax Exemption Status based on our many educational offerings. I refer you to IRS grants InterNACHI tax-exempt status. - InterNACHI

We all know there IS NO FREE LUNCH!
    I assure you, I can give you totally free access to our approved courses. They really are totally free.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by hubert young View Post
    Hi everyone. This home inspection thing is a change of career for me. Today, I will find out if I will get a training allowance from the government to persue education in home inspection.

I think it is important to acquire the proper training in this field and get accredited. I live in Manitoba, Canada, and would like to take the training from a school that is recognized in this area. Any suggestions out there?
    I would start with the local university and colleges, technical schools, and look into the requirements locally. You might also look into what HI organizations exist in your province and region, and network the information as to what is presently and what is anticipated on the horizon regarding provincial licensing, regulation, etc.

Bruce Adams Guest

See right column of our inspector education page, scroll down, and click on any of the government agencies.

I still do not see anywhere that InterNACHI is recognized by U.S. government. I see you are approved for continuing education

Of course not. Do Universities send their students somewhere else to take their quizzes and exams?

What does the Real Estate Agent have to do to get a LICENSE. What about the Doctor, or the Pilot, or Lawyer, the hair dresser, and many others.

See our membership requirements page, and scroll down. It is arguably the finest ramp-up of any professional association. Our requirements are of course on top of, and above and beyond whatever entry-level training or beginner's exams your individual state might require.
    Nothing there that I would be proud of. A Certified Member of InterNACHI can say that they are Certified before they go out on there first inspection. Allot of words that mean nothing

The good inspector is going to go out and get the proper training that they need to be that Best Inspector. That does not come from InterNACHI.
    Bruce

The good inspector is going to go out and get the proper training that they need to be that Best Inspector.
    That certainly comes from InterNACHI. That's exactly what we provide. It's what we do.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Lisa.... All of those government agencies are licensing boards that have approved the CE classes that Y'all offer. They are not offering any accreditation. Big difference between approval and accreditation!

Colleges and Universities go through an accreditation program as does the coursework that they offer for their degree programs. Again a big difference.

Who has accredited INACHI and its educational offerings?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Lisa.... All of those government agencies are licensing boards that have approved the CE classes that Y'all offer. They are not offering any accreditation.
    Not just CE, many states have also approved our free, online courses for pre-licensing. For example, your state of Tennessee approved our free, online program for pre-licensing Scott. We offer the accreditation to the student. The government agencies only approve the courses and then offer the government licenses to the student, based on the student completing our free, online, state-approved inspection courses.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Not just CE, many states have also approved our free, online courses for pre-licensing. For example, your state of Tennessee approved our free, online program for pre-licensing Scott. We offer the accreditation to the student. The government agencies only approve the courses and then offer the government licenses to the student, based on the student completing our free, online, state-approved inspection courses.
    So Lisa, you are saying that no other outside organization has accredited INACHI or its educational programs. They are only approved by the various states for basic licensing and continuing eduction, correct?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

We offer the accreditation to the student.
    Who's we, is we as in nachi/nick ? Everytime I ask someone in the real estate community about nachi they look at me wierd and say, nachi who

When I ask them if they heard about ASHI the answer is yes, thats why I tell all of my customers to find a certified professional home inspector at American Society of Home Inspectors, ASHI

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Really Dan? Every time I get asked about ASHI's entrance requirements versus InterNACHI's I send them to ASHI's online application that asks for nothing more than money https://www.homeinspector.org/join/a...n/default.aspx Dan, do you really want to turn this thread into another one of your ASHI vs. InterNACHI things? Stay on topic please, you're safer there.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Really Dan? https://www.homeinspector.org/join/a...n/default.aspx Dan, do you really want to turn this thread into another one of your ASHI vs. InterNACHI things? Stay on topic please, you're safer there.
    LOL... Who do you ask besides nicki??

Keep on topic.. You're the one bringing up any reference to any association.
    I'm just disclosing the truth about one org, and exposing the lies and scams about another one , only after you reference an org

What a minuite..
    quote "" Every time I get asked about ASHI's entrance requirements versus InterNACHI's I send them to ASHI's online application that asks for nothing more than money.,,,,end quote]
    This is nickis line. Am I talking to lisa or nick ?

www.inspectaz.com

We all use the same "line." Being the largest inspection association in the world, we are sometimes asked about how other association's entrance requirements compare to ours. We never answer. We direct the consumer or Realtor to that link. The link speaks for itself. Now back to education, the topic of this thread, OK?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

. Now back to education, the topic of this thread, OK?
    Sounds good. Now back to education. If Hubert or anyone else thats looking on this site for hands on professional home inspection training, from long time professional home inspectors, that includes field inspections, for a fair and reasonable fee they should check this professional home inspection school out.
    Certified Home Inspection Classes Career Training Education Business License

www.inspectaz.com

Good school. But from reading Hubert's post, I believe Hubert is looking for a school like InterNACHI, one that is accredited and offers education in Manitoba, Canada. Do you know of other options for him?

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-20-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Good school. But Hubert is looking for an accredited school, that offers education in Canada.
    If nacho is an accredited school. Why didn't you answer SPs question on post #25??

www.inspectaz.com

Of course Dan.

I believe InterNACHI's most recent school accreditation was from Florida.

Whenever I answer a direct question that is posed to me, someone invariably says its spam. I don't think they know the definition of spam. Let's see if they do it again.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Of course Dan.

Whenever I answer a direct question that is posed to me, someone invariably says its spam. I don't think they know the definition of spam. Let's see if they do it again.

When in the heck have you been worried about posting spam. Everytime you or your brother, or if your lisa, [ the other person in your office that spams this site,] come on this site that's all you do.

When you get asked a straight forward questionthat you know you cannot get away with lying about with your answer, you take the 5th and refuse to answer beacuse your post may be considered spam,

www.inspectaz.com

Of course Dan.

That is a license to be CE provider in the state of FL. It is not an accreditation.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Bruce Adams Guest

Good school. But from reading Hubert's post, I believe Hubert is looking for a school like InterNACHI, one that is accredited and offers education in Manitoba, Canada. Do you know of other options for him?
    Lisa
    There are several good options for Hubert to get the correct education that he needs. InterNACHI is not one of them.

Hubert
    Look into one of these for the proper education that you need:
    Home Inspection Institute.
    Carson Dunlap
    OAHI.
    You can find their information on the internet. All are accredited schools in Canada. And much better than InterNACHI. There are other good schools in Canada also. The good schools are accredited. You will receive much more from them then you will ever receive from InterNACHI. You say you wish to help people, do what is correct.
    Bruce

How would you know? Have you taken all our courses? InterNACHI has over 600 course approvals and accreditations. What other course accreditation is there?

The good schools are accredited.
    What "accreditation" are you talking about? InterNACHI has them all, I believe. Of the schools you each named, who accredited their courses?

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-20-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

C.Johnson Guest

• The practice of home inspection is licensed in some, but not all, states. If you are interested in becoming a home inspector, it is important to get a list of approved home inspection training programs from your state licensing board. While home inspection education is available from accredited institutions, many states approve training programs that are offered through unaccredited institutions.

• A school is accredited when an outside body (an "accreditor" or an "accreditation agency") evaluates the school and determines that its educational programs meet the accreditor's standards. In the United States, accreditation is performed by private, rather than governmental, agencies.

If you are interested in becoming a home inspector, it is important to get a list of approved home inspection training programs from your state licensing board
    Thank you. The "state licensing board" is the place to go to "get a list of approved home inspection training programs" in the U.S. Hubert is from Canada though.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Bruce Adams Guest

How would you know? Have you taken all our courses? InterNACHI has over 600 course approvals and accreditations. What other course accreditation is there?

What "accreditation" are you talking about? InterNACHI has them all, I believe. Of the schools you each named, who accredited their courses?
    Lisa
    Your not worth the time. The good inspectors know what you are. You and Ben both.

Hubert will hopefully go to a good school in Canada and become a good honest Inspector. And be able to help the people that contact him.

C.Johnson Guest

Thank you.
    You are not welcome!
    Though I appreciate your ability to twist everyone's statements to try and be in your favor, you missed my point!

Many States approve training from unaccredited institutions.

Then I gave a definition of what an Accredited School goes through an Independent third party for there accreditation.

I only see State approvals for yours, THAT IS NOT AN ACCREDIDATION!
    Accreditation is handed out by Third Party organizations, NOT government agencies.

So, unless you have been evaluated by a third party accreditation service, you are NOT Accredited

Have you ever been evaluated by an Accreditation provider?
    If not just please stop saying you are Accredited Schooling.

Give me an example of a home inspection school that has an accreditation such as the one you are describing.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

C.Johnson Guest

Give me an example of a home inspection school that has an accreditation such as the one you are describing.
    Will this make you happy? DETC

None of the home inspection schools mentioned in this thread are accredited by them.

My understanding is that home inspection schools fall under ARELLO which formed a subsidiary to certify distance learning home inspection instructors called IDECC.

The following is from their website.

ARELLO Distance Education Certification Program serves the real estate industry while IDECC was formed to serve all other industries and academic institutions.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-20-2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

As far as we can tell, there is only one inspection school in our industry that has a certified IDECC distance learning instructor on staff.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Lisa,

You keep talking about entrance requirements but fail to point out the differences. Yes you may be a member of ASHI without taking any tests. Just like you can be a member of the NRA and never own a firearm.

You need to compare apples to apples. ASHI Certified Inspectors vs. NACHI Certified Inspectors. The requirements for ASHI are much more than an online exam.

You asked,
    Do Universities send their students somewhere else to take their quizzes and exams?
    Yes, they do. You can't be a practicing lawyer, doctor, or engineer without taking proctored tests. Sure you can get a degree but without passing the proctored test you can't practice your profession.

You need to compare apples to apples. ASHI Certified Inspectors vs. NACHI Certified Inspectors. The requirements for ASHI are much more than an online exam.
    I"d love to. ASHI uses the same beginner's exam, used by several states to license newbies fresh out of school, as the basis for their highest "certified" membership level. InterNACHI's membership requirements are on top of, and above and beyond whatever the states require.

You can't be a practicing lawyer, doctor, or engineer without taking proctored tests. Sure you can get a degree but without passing the proctored test you can't practice your profession.
    Of course. Our members pass proctored exams in states where that is required to get a license, just like a lawyer does. We are a school, not a government licensing agency. And our many courses and exams are above and beyond the beginner's exam used for mere licensing.

Now let's get back on topic. Can you name the only inspection school in our industry that has a certified IDECC distance learning instructor on staff?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

I

Now let's get back on topic. Can you name the only inspection school in our industry that has a certified IDECC distance learning instructor on staff?
    Who gives a crap.
    I'm sure the Sonornan school from Scottsdale has a few certified instructors. You got caught in another lie, now you want to change the topic.
    The topic was the gentleman from Ca was asking about a good school. You barged in with more of your usless spam and claimed/ lied about your orgs training.

www.inspectaz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    Lisa,

You keep talking about entrance requirements but fail to point out the differences. Yes you may be a member of ASHI without taking any tests. Just like you can be a member of the NRA and never own a firearm.

You asked,

Yes, they do. You can't be a practicing lawyer, doctor, or engineer without taking proctored tests. Sure you can get a degree but without passing the proctored test you can't practice your profession.
    Ken it's kinda tough to get a straight answer from nick or lisa on this topic. If you check out nickis chat board this topic comes up once or two times a year.
    Long term nicki certified inspectors don't have a clue what the requirements are, or what their certification really means, newbees are really confused

It is kinda funny to read the posts.. A few will get POd because they cannot get a staright answer, ole nicki will play a long for a while, after 50 posts and a few hundred views, { nickis gotta do what ever it takes to keep those #s up to impress the newbys ] it looks like a few are ready to call it quits. About that time ole nicki will through them another bone and the nicki certifieds come ah lapping and drolling with their toungs hanging out for more worthless promises and freebies.

Last edited by Dan Harris; 12-21-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    www.inspectaz.com

You're off thread topic again.

I did a little research this morning. There is only one school. Can you name it?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

ASHI uses the same beginner's exam, used by several states to license newbies fresh out of school, as the basis for their highest "certified" membership level. InterNACHI's membership requirements are on top of, and above and beyond whatever the states require.
    Yes, ASHI requires its certified inspectors to pass the NHIE. The NHIE is the only test commonly recognized as the proficiency test for home inspectors. Nachi does not require this test for their certification. Instead it has a 100 question online quiz, most of it having nothing to do with home inspections, as it's certification test.

Of course. Our members pass proctored exams in states where that is required to get a license, just like a lawyer does. We are a school, not a government licensing agency. And our many courses and exams are above and beyond the beginner's exam used for mere licensing.
    If your courses are "above and beyond" that beginner's exam don't you think it would be wise to require that exam as part of your certification? Seriously, that exam is required for licensing in most states...why not require it for your certification?

Our courses are required: Become a certified inspector! Join InterNACHI today. - InterNACHI

that exam is required for licensing in most states...why not require it for your certification?
    We already do require it in states that have adopted it for licensing along with anything else the state requires for an initial license. We're not going to require the same thing again for certification as certification is supposed to be above and beyond merely operating legally. What sleazy association would use the same exam used by states to license newbies fresh out of school, as the basis to issue their highest "certified" membership status? That would be appalling.

Our members voluntarily fulfill many more requirements than the minimum needed to simply get a license.

Back on topic now. Can you name the school?

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Our courses are required: Become a certified inspector! Join InterNACHI today. - InterNACHI

We already do require it in states that have adopted it for licensing along with anything else the state requires for an initial license. We're not going to require the same thing again for certification as certification is supposed to be above and beyond merely operating legally. What sleazy association would use the same exam used by states to license newbies fresh out of school, as the basis to issue their highest "certified" membership status? That would be appalling.

Our members voluntarily fulfill many more requirements than the minimum needed to simply get a license.

Back on topic now. Can you name the school?
    1. The only sleazy association is yours.

2. You are misrepresenting ASHI, yet again. Downright lie there. The basis is NOT singular nor accurate.

3. That is NOT the TOPIC for this thread.

Folks, that big report button needs to be used when it comes to this.

Its time. Lisa needs to make her own threads, not redirect others. Please, lets all just stop engaging her when she endeavors to hijack threads.

I fear the OP has long since left the discussion, perhaps permanently.

Bruce Adams Guest

You're off thread topic again.

I did a little research this morning. There is only one school. Can you name it?
    Lisa you have been off topic since you came on here.

Accredited internet schools offering Home Inspection courses: Ashworth Collage, Strafford Collage, Allied, and Penn Foster. and there are others. InterNACHI not among them.

Checking with IDECC, CSS-MSA, or DETC of which all can Accredit a home inspection course. InterNACHI's name does not come up. Why is that? If InterNACHI is an Accredited internet School, show your letter of accreditation. Very simple. I do not wish to know how many IDECC members that you have. I wish to see your letter of accreditation.

You like to say that InterNACHI member has a harder time to get InterNACHI certification then a then a full Member of ASHI. You know this is not true. Certified in front of the name of a InterNACHI member amounts to taking a 100 question Test on the internet (that a 12 year old can pass). Taking some online courses. And sending you money. And then going out and doing inspections. OH and printing off the internet a piece of paper that says they are certified.

YOU can join ASHI without taking a test. But you can not become a full member until you meet all the requirements of membership.

InterNACHI will never be better than ASHI or NAHI or even AHA. InterNACHI will always be that third rate association that the good honest Inspectors are going to stay away from.

Any new Inspector that reads this look into the schools that meet the accreditation of the industry. Remember nothing is free.
    Bruce

There is only one inspection school in our industry that has an IDECC Certified Distance Learning Instructor on staff, full-time.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Bruce Adams Guest

There is only one inspection school in our industry that has an IDECC Certified Distance Learning Instructor on staff, full-time.
    You have not answered the question. Show your Accreditation or get off here and do not come back.

The accreditations our members care about are state approvals. We have 600 of them.

There is only one inspection school in our industry that has an IDECC Certified Distance Learning Instructor on staff, full-time, and you know which school that is.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

BTW, we're thrilled that you think highly of Allied. They are a very good school.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    1. The only sleazy association is yours.

Folks, that big report button needs to be used when it comes to this.

Its time. Lisa needs to make her own threads, not redirect others. Please, lets all just stop engaging her when she endeavors to hijack threads.
    What happens when we hit the report button? I prefer not to do it if Brian has to take his valuable time from something else.

My suggestion is everyone click on the nacho logo several hundred times every day. We all know that nickos org is working on a shoe string. If we cannot get rid of their crap, bashing, name calling and lying about other inspectors by asking , maybe we can get rid of them by making them go broke or by having Brian cancel their account for non payment. If you recall a few years ago nick called this site nazi news, since he changed his site to that, maybe we can show him what nazi news is here

www.inspectaz.com

Lisa,

You stated
    We already do require it in states that have adopted it for licensing along with anything else the state requires for an initial license.
    Since you're so fond of posting links back to your site, please post a link that shows you require passing the NHIE (the beginners exam that most nachi inspectors can't pass) as part of your CERTIFICATION. You can't because you don't. Every time you're on here you spout half truths and all out lies.

What sleazy association would use the same exam used by states to license newbies fresh out of school, as the basis to issue their highest "certified" membership status? That would be appalling.
    Let's see...an association that requires the only exam recognized nationally to prove the proficiency of a home inspector, or a business (impersonating an association) owned by a real estate salesperson that makes up a 100 question, online quiz and passes out "Certifications" like candy on Halloween. I think we already know who's sleazy.

There is only one inspection school in our industry that has an IDECC Certified Distance Learning Instructor on staff, full-time, and you know which school that is.
    Doesn't do much good if the school isn't accredited. Kind of like a nachi "certified" inspector. He may have his nachi certification, but we all know it doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Adams View Post
    Lisa you have been off topic since you came on here.

You like to say that InterNACHI member has a harder time to get InterNACHI certification then a then a full Member of ASHI. You know this is not true. Certified in front of the name of a InterNACHI member amounts to taking a 100 question Test on the internet (that a 12 year old can pass). Taking some online courses. And sending you money. And then going out and doing inspections. OH and printing off the internet a piece of paper that says they are certified.

YOU can join ASHI without taking a test. But you can not become a full member until you meet all the requirements of membership.

Bruce
    Bruce one correction to become nachi certified, an inspector does not have to take any on-line courses first.
    All one needs to do is just promise to take the courses in a certain point of time, noboby has a clue if the inspector took any courses , like the on line quiz nobody knows who took it, that's all on the honor system.

It's clear how honest nicky is, how in the heck could he in good faith cancel a membership if he found out the certfied inspector never did any of the requirements.

www.inspectaz.com

Ken asks for a link
    Since you're so fond of posting links back to your site, please post a link that shows you require passing...
    Home Inspector Code of Ethics - InterNACHI Section 1.10.

State licensing requirements are a minimum. Again, InterNACHI's extensive course requirements are above and beyond, and in addition to, whatever your particular state requires.

Dan's brilliant idea
    My suggestion is everyone click on the nacho logo several hundred times every day. We all know that nickos org is working on a shoe string. If we cannot get rid of their crap, bashing, name calling and lying about other inspectors by asking , maybe we can get rid of them by making them go broke or by having Brian cancel their account for non payment.
    Sounds like a plan. LOL!

We recommend Allied. They are a very good school. In fact, we love Allied.

Now there is only one inspection school in our industry that has an IDECC Certified Distance Learning Instructor on staff, full-time. It isn't Allied, but we strongly recommend Allied.

Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-21-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Ken asks for a link Home Inspector Code of Ethics - InterNACHI Section 1.10.

State licensing requirements are a minimum. Again, InterNACHI's extensive course requirements are above and beyond, and in addition to, whatever your particular state requires.
    I see Nachi employees don't have to abide by their code of ethics. Lisa, you've spewed another lie. There is no requirement for Nachi certified inspectors to pass the NHIE. Heck, it's a beginners exam. But you're afraid your membership would drop in half because your members can't pass the test and you know it. At least ASHI Certified Inspectors have to show they know the basics before they are given Certified status.

10. The InterNACHI member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
    And what of those unlicensed states? You let your inspectors go out and dupe the public with their "certified" status without passing even a beginners exam, only a non-proctored online quiz that gives points for spelling. At least ASHI makes them take the beginners exam before the pass out the "Certified" label.

Heck your company is so disrespected that the cities of Minneapolis and St Paul won't accept Nachi membership as pre-qualifications for Truth in Sale of Housing inspections. Where they do allow ASHI, NAHI and the NHIE.

At least ASHI makes them take the beginners exam before the pass out the "Certified" label.
    Oh but you neglected to tell the whole story. To get that "certified" label, ASHI insists that their members, who have done nothing but fill out an online application and provide a credit card, go out and actually perform a certain number of fee-paid inspections for unsuspecting consumers. Unconscionable.

By contrast, while ASHI's 30-second, come-only-with-cash, unqualified members are out there harming consumers and our profession, trying to get their inspections in, InterNACHI members are taking their state-approved courses, taking quizzes, and taking exams.

There really is no comparison.

Now back on topic. There is only one inspection school in our industry that has an IDECC Certified Distance Learning Instructor on staff, full-time, and you know which school that is.

Lisa Endza
    InterNACHI

Oh but you neglected to tell the whole story. To get that "certified" label, ASHI insists that their members, who have done nothing but fill out an online application and provide a credit card, go out and actually perform a certain number of fee-paid inspections for unsuspecting consumers. Unconscionable.

By contrast, while ASHI's 30-second, come-only-with-cash, unqualified members are out there harming consumers and our profession, trying to get their inspections in, InterNACHI members are taking their state-approved courses, taking quizzes, and taking exams.

There really is no comparison.
    And what do the 70 % of wanta be inspectors that cannot pass your online quiz for 10-15 times do, before they figure out they can get someone else to take the quiz for them so can get certified by you?

Whats unconscional is seeing some of the questions asked by your "certfied " inspectors, about an inspection they are doing on your chat board!

www.inspectaz.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast