Default New Member, Current Inspector

Greetings All,

New member here from East Tn. I been a home inspector for almost 9 years.
    A google search on garage door testing brought me here recently, I read for quite a while on that thread.
    Decided to try a few more threads and decided I liked the exchange of information. So I'll stick around a while, hopefully learn some more and try to contribute as well.

Mike

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: New Member, Current Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Waraksa View Post
    Greetings All,

New member here from East Tn. I been a home inspector for almost 9 years.
    A google search on garage door testing brought me here recently, I read for quite a while on that thread.
    Decided to try a few more threads and decided I liked the exchange of information. So I'll stick around a while, hopefully learn some more and try to contribute as well.

Mike
    Welcome Mike.... If you made it through the garage door testing thread you have passed the hazing requirement for joining this site!

Join on in... Just be sure to realize that some posters like to brag about the size of their keyboard!

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Jeffrey L. Mathis Guest

What part of east Tenn.? I'm originally from Rhea County.

Jeff Mathis

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Welcome Mike.... If you made it through the garage door testing thread you have passed the hazing requirement for joining this site!

Join on in... Just be sure to realize that some posters like to brag about the size of their keyboard!
    Thanks Scott ! I attended one of your Mid Tn education seminars about a year or so ago on the east side of Nashville with Shannon Corey.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey L. Mathis View Post
    What part of east Tenn.? I'm originally from Rhea County.

Jeff Mathis
    Hi Jeff, I live in Knoxville and work all over east Tn, even in Rhea county.

Mike

Welcome Michael, going through the garage door threads you demonstrate tenacity.

Michael,
    Never heard of you!!! :-)
    See you next month!
    Jack
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Welcome Michael, going through the garage door threads you demonstrate tenacity.
    Thanks Gary !

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Michael,
    Never heard of you!!! :-)
    See you next month!
    Jack
    Welcome aboard.

Howdy Jack, looks like you have been around here for a while. Must be a good thing !
    See you at the meeting next month.

I am going to attempt to find out how to turn off the email notification everytime someone posts to this thread, unless someone wants to tell me where to find it.

Mike

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

I am going to attempt to find out how to turn off the email notification everytime someone posts to this thread, unless someone wants to tell me where to find it.

Mike
    It will be a two-part process.

First, after you log-in...(when each page at the top most right corner will indicate "Welcome, Michael Warksa" after you've logged in) you will note the blue navigation/menu strip (that runs L to R at the top of each page just below the IN logo will change, and that the Left most link will become "User CP" (control panel).

Click on that "User CP" link.. (I suggest a "right click" and "open in new window" so you can refer to these directions as you do so).

This will take you to the main "User Control Panel" page. You will note in the center area top most "box" below the blue navigation strip will be entitled "New Subscribed Threads". You can then navigate to any thread you are presently "subscribed to" that has had "recent" activity and read them.

Next, and this is important to avoid an automatic subscription to any thread (discussion topic) that you create or add a post to from that time on...is to edit your user options.

To get there...(after you've logged in) note the Navigation column immediately to the Right of Blue Navigation Bar on the Left most side of the screen while you are still on the main "User CP" or main User Control Panel Page...

The First, or "top most" section in this area entitled "Control Panel" is headed "Settings & Options" in white font reversed out of a solid short blue bar. Immediately under the "Settings & Options" bar in the gray/blue background list immediately below are six links (Edit Signature; Edit Email & Password; Edit Profile; Edit Options; Edit Avatar; and Edit Profile Picture), left click on "Edit Options" the fourth choice.

When you've loaded the "Edit Options" page, in the center the top most first section under the horizontal menu bar under the center line "Edit Options > will be headed in white font reversed out of blue bar "Login & Privacy", the next area below will be similarly (blue bar with white reverse font): "Messaging & Notification". Below that "Messaging & Notification" bar will be several "boxed" areas, the first is titled "Receive Email" the second is entitled "Default Thread Subscription Mode" (that's the one you want), the one next below is entitled "Private Messaging".

At the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" Boxed area there is a drop down list to choose from. You are most likely at the forum's original default setting for Subscribed Threads (which I forget if that is/was daily or instant email notification). Your selection choices are: Do not subscribe; No email notification; Instant email notification; Daily email notification; and Weekly email notification".

If you don't want every post you make to cause emails, choose either "No email notification" or "Do Not Subscribe". If you choose "no email notifiction" you will still subscribe to every post you make, but will be notified when you log in". I use "Do not Subscribe", then IF I want a subscription, I navigate to the manual option of "subscribing to this thread" on the actual discussion page while it is displayed (when logged in), and when no longer wishing to be subscribed, use the User Control Panel "Subscribed Threads" link on the inside left navigation column when in the "User CP" pages (A blue headed section, two sections down from the "Settings & Options" section, i.e. Settings & Options (list of links); Private Messages (list of links); Subscribed Threads (list of links); and Miscellaneous (list of links). Under the Third heading white font reversed from blue bar "Subscribed Threads" the first link below is "List Subscriptions", click on that one.

This will bring you to a list of ALL (recent activity and all those you are currently subscribed to - eventually even old stale subscriptions) and from there you can navigate to those listed or remove the subscription from that page using check marks or unchecking and the drop down activity action at the lower right of the list.

I think (?) I've covered everythiing, might have missed a step, if you get unwanted thread subscriptions after altering the above, check the FAQ section, or post a new topic question in the "Help" forum area. Our host responds to those very quickly if a question hasn't been answered by someone earlier.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 01-23-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    It will be a two-part process.

First, after you log-in...(when each page at the top most right corner will indicate "Welcome, Michael Warksa" after you've logged in) you will note the blue navigation/menu strip (that runs L to R at the top of each page just below the IN logo will change, and that the Left most link will become "User CP" (control panel).

Click on that "User CP" link.. (I suggest a "right click" and "open in new window" so you can refer to these directions as you do so).

This will take you to the main "User Control Panel" page. You will note in the center area top most "box" below the blue navigation strip will be entitled "New Subscribed Threads". You can then navigate to any thread you are presently "subscribed to" that has had "recent" activity and read them.

Next, and this is important to avoid an automatic subscription to any thread (discussion topic) that you create or add a post to from that time on...is to edit your user options.

To get there...(after you've logged in) note the Navigation column immediately to the Right of Blue Navigation Bar on the Left most side of the screen while you are still on the main "User CP" or main User Control Panel Page...

The First, or "top most" section in this area entitled "Control Panel" is headed "Settings & Options" in white font reversed out of a solid short blue bar. Immediately under the "Settings & Options" bar in the gray/blue background list immediately below are six links (Edit Signature; Edit Email & Password; Edit Profile; Edit Options; Edit Avatar; and Edit Profile Picture), left click on "Edit Options" the fourth choice.

When you've loaded the "Edit Options" page, in the center the top most first section under the horizontal menu bar under the center line "Edit Options > will be headed in white font reversed out of blue bar "Login & Privacy", the next area below will be similarly (blue bar with white reverse font): "Messaging & Notification". Below that "Messaging & Notification" bar will be several "boxed" areas, the first is titled "Receive Email" the second is entitled "Default Thread Subscription Mode" (that's the one you want), the one next below is entitled "Private Messaging".

At the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" Boxed area there is a drop down list to choose from. You are most likely at the forum's original default setting for Subscribed Threads (which I forget if that is/was daily or instant email notification). Your selection choices are: Do not subscribe; No email notification; Instant email notification; Daily email notification; and Weekly email notification".

If you don't want every post you make to cause emails, choose either "No email notification" or "Do Not Subscribe". If you choose "no email notifiction" you will still subscribe to every post you make, but will be notified when you log in". I use "Do not Subscribe", then IF I want a subscription, I navigate to the manual option of "subscribing to this thread" on the actual discussion page while it is displayed (when logged in), and when no longer wishing to be subscribed, use the User Control Panel "Subscribed Threads" link on the inside left navigation column when in the "User CP" pages (A blue headed section, two sections down from the "Settings & Options" section, i.e. Settings & Options (list of links); Private Messages (list of links); Subscribed Threads (list of links); and Miscellaneous (list of links). Under the Third heading white font reversed from blue bar "Subscribed Threads" the first link below is "List Subscriptions", click on that one.

This will bring you to a list of ALL (recent activity and all those you are currently subscribed to - eventually even old stale subscriptions) and from there you can navigate to those listed or remove the subscription from that page using check marks or unchecking and the drop down activity action at the lower right of the list.

I think (?) I've covered everythiing, might have missed a step, if you get unwanted thread subscriptions after altering the above, check the FAQ section, or post a new topic question in the "Help" forum area. Our host responds to those very quickly if a question hasn't been answered by someone earlier.

Hope that helps.
    I think I have it sorted out properly now, Thank you for the detailed description.

Mike

Thanks Scott ! I attended one of your Mid Tn education seminars about a year or so ago on the east side of Nashville with Shannon Corey.

Mike
    Shannon and a special guest will be back for another all day education session this Spring, most likely in April. Yes, it will be approved for TN education hours.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com