Randy King Guest

Talking Inspection Blogging

Hey folks hope the beggining of you week is going well. Was just curious if any of you have a blog, and if so if you have had any success with getting higher SEO or booked inspections with it. I know that some people (inspectors) are using blogs to try and drive more traffic but I never seem to hear much about its sucess rate. I know that some blogs allow you to punch in tags or keywords, but again with any success I dont know. Have has some time on me the past week and was thinking about starting one but dont know if it is worth it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Inspection Blogging

Quote Originally Posted by Randy King View Post
    Hey folks hope the beggining of you week is going well. Was just curious if any of you have a blog, and if so if you have had any success with getting higher SEO or booked inspections with it. I know that some people (inspectors) are using blogs to try and drive more traffic but I never seem to hear much about its sucess rate. I know that some blogs allow you to punch in tags or keywords, but again with any success I dont know. Have has some time on me the past week and was thinking about starting one but dont know if it is worth it. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I have never worried about SEO or things like that. I have good content in my website and it pulls up in the top few slots organically in the areas I want to work in. Now saying that, I also have a blog on Active Rain http://activerain.com/action/referrals/scottpat and I have noticed that the AR blog will be right above my site or not far below it on a Google search. I would suggest an AR blog. They are free, and many inspectors have them.

If you want to try AR use the above link and it will take you to it.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    I have never worried about SEO or things like that. I have good content in my website and it pulls up in the top few slots organically in the areas I want to work in. Now saying that, I also have a blog on Active Rain ActiveRain Real Estate Network and I have noticed that the AR blog will be right above my site or not far below it on a Google search. I would suggest an AR blog. They are free, and many inspectors have them.

If you want to try AR use the above link and it will take you to it.
    That is SEO

Your website received it at one time or you do it yourslef or no matter how good the content is you would not even show up. SEO is extremely important for position. Also change content either on your site or in you source code or you become stagnant and lose position. Things like an active rain blog is considered SEO because it attaches and is directed to your website so even that is considered change of content.

SEO is tremendously important to web position. Links from other sites to yours, change of content even submitting your site on a regular basis is all SEO

Randy King Guest

Actually Scott I dont know if you saw, but active rain is not going to be free anymore. It is free to join, but if you are a new member and want to have a blog that goes to the public (search engines) you have to pay like 20 bucks or something. Otherwise your blog can only be seen by other AR members. Good thing I joined awhile ago...sux for new members but old members before the transition get grandfathered in so to speak.

Bob White Guest

I blog,but I don't say much about home inspection on it.

Using my blog as a marketing device would drive my regular readers away...

Thumbs up Re: Inspection Blogging

Blogging is the same thing as posting here on InspectionNews. Well, not much of a difference.

InspectionNews is SEOed and on Google alone there are over sixty thousand five hundred pages indexed. Spiders crawl each of those pages and if you have posted relevant information to the thread and have included your URL in your signature then you have just gained another link to your site.

For instance, go to google and do a search of the title of this topic "inspection blogging". It was posted earlier today but it is already indexed in google. The spiders have already been to InspectionNews and if your URL was in your signature it followed it to your site as well boosting your ranking.

This is a great benefit to using InspectionNews and you can also take advantage of the free inspectors directory where you can list information and a link to your site.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Thanks for the tip, Brian. Maybe it's just that I'm paying more attention but it seems like a lot more of us just put our websites address in our signature.

So, don't take anything for granted... we're a bunch of home inspectors and maybe a bit light on the hi-tech knowledge... any other little tidbits of wisdom we're missing out on?

Daniel Leung Guest

I blog since last summer, not many of inspection related articles. Only 11 out of 207, around 5%. Blogging is not a good marketing tool. If you have that thought, then you waste your time for writting.

For marketing purpose, please consider teaching Home Inspection and/or House Maintenance courses in Continuing Education Course program. First, I got pay by School Board, and then get some referral from students after class.

Blogging, Teaching and Chatting here are the same way to exchange experience and technical knowledge. Why not start your blog now. Try Google http://www.blogger.com/, it is free and easy to start. Start from any topic and you will find the right direction you want to go later. You are welcome to my blog!

Thumbs up Re: Inspection Blogging

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post

So, don't take anything for granted... we're a bunch of home inspectors and maybe a bit light on the hi-tech knowledge... any other little tidbits of wisdom we're missing out on?

Make sure that you have submitted your site to the free inspectors directory here on InspectionNews. All it takes is a reciprocal link back to InspectionNews. That directory also gets crawled and indexed on google.

Just click here to find your state, click on "add your link" and follow the directions. If you have any trouble please let me know and I will help you.

View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews