Default report quality degradation

I've never had a direct client complain about the quality of the PDF reports I send them. When I say quality I mean the resolution of the text and pictures.

I only send the reports to the direct client and their agent(if the client signs release).

In the past few weeks I had been contacted by third parties in regard to report resolution quality. For their sake it didn't matter to me since it's not their legal property to use anyway.

I was wondering if any of you have had the same experiences. Is this just an occasional thing or have you ever suspected an effort at some point in the transfer of the document from party to party that the degradation effect is intentional?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: report quality degradation

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    I've never had a direct client complain about the quality of the PDF reports I send them. When I say quality I mean the resolution of the text and pictures.

I only send the reports to the direct client and their agent(if the client signs release).

In the past few weeks I had been contacted by third parties in regard to report resolution quality. For their sake it didn't matter to me since it's not their legal property to use anyway.

I was wondering if any of you have had the same experiences. Is this just an occasional thing or have you ever suspected an effort at some point in the transfer of the document from party to party that the degradation effect is intentional?
    The quality of the file should not change, it is not like a fax. What you send to your client should be the same thing that anyone else will see if the client forwards the report.

I can't say I have ever heard of anyone having this type of problem.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 06-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Possibly printed and then scanned back into a PDF? That would certainly do it.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

I bet Jim is right. Typically, the complaints that I get are that the reports are too large. Go figure.

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Dirks Jr View Post
    In the past few weeks I had been contacted by third parties in regard to report resolution quality.
    Humans are an amazing species. Give them something pretty & nice and they find a way to monkey it all up.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL

john

cc the report to your email and check it out

cvf

The degraded PDF I saw was in black and white. Mine are always in color. I bet Jim is correct in that it was printed and then re-scanned in BW before being emailed again.

Ron Bibler Guest

When some calls and say they can't read my report. The first thing i ask...
    ( can you see the photos or are they all black. if they are black the its a copy of a fax.

Its funny i spend all this time installing photos and listing the findings and Recs. in red, blue and black. and some cheap agent prints out a black and white copy and give that to the buyer.

My beautiful report.

Best

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    When some calls and say they can't read my report. The first thing i ask...
    ( can you see the photos or are they all black. if they are black the its a copy of a fax.

Its funny i spend all this time installing photos and listing the findings and Recs. in red, blue and black. and some cheap agent prints out a black and white copy and give that to the buyer.

My beautiful report.

Best

Ron
    I always email the report directly to the buyers. The agent is added only if the buyer signs a release giving me permission to email the report elsewhere.