Default Dog pee all over the place...

I was bummbed, my bag was sitting in a huge wet spot... Oh, BTW, I have 10 images just like these.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Dog pee all over the place...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    I was bummbed, my bag was sitting in a huge wet spot... Oh, BTW, I have 10 images just like these.
    Without lab tests, how can you be sure it was DOG pee?

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post

Taste ?

Ewwwwww!!!!!

Although once we did a house that was littered with dog poo. Bob took one look and went outside to pull on his tyvek suit and respirator before going inside.

Welmoed Sisson
    Inspections by Bob, LLC, Boyds, MD
    "Given sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

It was a guess judging by the unbearable odor in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Welmoed Sisson View Post
    Ewwwwww!!!!!

Although once we did a house that was littered with dog poo. Bob took one look and went outside to pull on his tyvek suit and respirator before going inside.
    Just crawled a crawlspace where the former occupant had apparently kept the dog......nuff said.

Over the years the two things that I've done to rid the fixers that I've had with dog and cat pee is this: Rent an ozone generator and park it in the house for three days. Of course, ozone is toxic, so when I return to turn it off, I get a big breath of air and open doors and windows, etc. Return to the car, and leisurely eat my Sonic breakfast burrito. Ozone is amazing at neutralizing these kind of odors and smoke, too.

Then, seal everything with Kilz.

So, far 100% success.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    That fact sheet appears to be directed to very low information folks with the intent of just dissuading them from using an ozone generator, rather than trying to educate them in how to effectively use one. Ozone doesn't "clean" anything.

At the risk of over-simplifying this, organic odors from things like dog pee, burnt wood, etc have an open connection that attaches to odor receptors in our nose creating what we smell. Ozone has an extra oxygen atom. The extra oxygen atom on an ozone molecule binds to that receptor and that "odor molecule" can no longer attach to our nose receptors. Thus the ability of dog pee to stink is neutralized, but the dog pee is still there and should be sealed. Abrasion of the pee surface can expose non-neutralized pee and the odor can return.

The fact sheet doesn't acknowledge that ozone generators used for the purpose of neutralizing odors from an organic source are, in fact, very effective. Properly used, ozone is a great tool, but like any tool, improper use is dangerous.

Some of you may remember that I bought a house 5 years ago in Atlanta for my Son.
    He has since moved back to Tennessee and now I have a rental property 120 miles away.
    Anyhow, the previous owner had a dog (or 10).
    We power washed the garage floor, deodorized it, yet 5 years later it's still in the garage.

And tenants ask "Why don't you allow dogs, my are house trained".
    Don't get me wrong, I love the little critters, I've got two.
    But they pee/Poo in MY house. It's my house.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

We power washed the garage floor, deodorized it, yet 5 years later it's still in the garage
    I've used this OdoBan 128 oz. Eucalyptus Odor Eliminator-911061-G at The Home Depot ( other scents are available ) Cat Pee laminate flooring. Thought I would have to rip it all out. Mixed a little stronger concentrate after a day or so No Smell ( the Odor bon has a scent ) NO SMELL !

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    I've used this OdoBan 128 oz. Eucalyptus Odor Eliminator-911061-G at The Home Depot ( other scents are available ) Cat Pee laminate flooring. Thought I would have to rip it all out. Mixed a little stronger concentrate after a day or so No Smell ( the Odor bon has a scent ) NO SMELL !
    I've used Odor ban for a few years.
    It helped, but did not eliminate the odor.
    I think it's because the dog(s) were in the garage all the time.
    unsealed concrete floor acted like a sponge to soak it in.
    One day I may finish the garage floor.

We had a cat for awhile that sprayed. I tried some pretty high dollar things, but regular Oxiclean worked as well as anything and it's cheap enough that you can dose it on pretty heavy.

Hi, ALL &

Reminds me of a House from a couple of years back - 2-3 years-old, only...

Finished outside and began upstairs, as usual and began noticing the baseboards & lower door trims (all MDF, luckily) were swollen and distorted in the main hallway and inside most every room.

Called to my Client and pointed this out, suggesting this was pet urine (although my mind had begun to wander and I even though "what if the doggies were NOT responsible ?" - expecting the Client to run for it.

They asked "what to do..." I stated immediately pull-up all floor finishes and the carpet underlay and purge it all, then would tear-out all the affected trims and ultimately would need to 'NUKE' the sub floor (ie. Agent Orange or something else, to drive home the seriousness)...

Believe they ran-for-the-hills, as expected, however it was never confirmed (nor did they ever come back to me on a 'next' inspection).

Go figure !

-Glenn Duxbury, CHI

Zinssler is good too---Shellac base only, not water base on any sealer. You will have problems later with the water based.