Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default The Future of Service Panels

How many issues can you cram into one closet?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: The Future of Service Panels

Soooooooo

What the problem with that???

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

not the future but the origin....

I got a chuckle out of how close the handles were on the shut-offs to the bare hot bus bars in the middle of the panel. The white stuff on the wall around the panel is asbestos.

Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    I got a chuckle out of how close the handles were on the shut-offs to the bare hot bus bars in the middle of the panel. The white stuff on the wall around the panel is asbestos.
    I have pictures of these boxes from many of the older homes on the Main Line. panel disconnects were within wood framed boxes lined with asbestos. I have one photo where the original installation had never been changed or modified and was in pristine condition. Almost artistic.

Nick,

Great picture, never seen anything like that. Whats the story behind the photo.

Thanks,

It was in a 137 year old house on a courtyard type street in Philadelphia. The movie "The Sixth Sense" was filmed one or two streets over from this one.

As for the ancient panel, it was still in use and hot. Now there was a 100 amp circuit breaker service panel in the basement but this dinosaur was left in place. It was inside a closet at the bottom of the basement steps and the closet door was essentially the enclosure. Knob and tube wiring as far as the eye could see throughout.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

MaMa Mount Guest

That Philly must be a real treat to have to inspect or to live in.

NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by MaMa Mount View Post
    That Philly must be a real treat to have to inspect or to live in.
    NOT!
    MaMa, Philadelphia, home of the WORLD CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES, is a treat to live in. It's actually a great city in many respects, despite some of the nightmares that Nick and I post and complain about.

From my house, I can walk within minutes to one of the biggest and best city parks in the world, which is full of wildlife and hiking/biking trails.
    I can drive, in about 15 minutes, to a world class art museum, the oldest zoo in America, historical sites from our country's founding, and many other attractions.

It ain't perfect, that's for sure, but I've lived in a lot of places, including out in the "sticks", and so far I haven't found a perfect place to live.

GO EAGLES!!

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com