Brian McCannell Guest

Default Looking for Radon work? Let me know

I work for US Inspect, and I am looking for people to do some radon tests for us. We cover the whole country for our relocation clients. If you have a continuous monitor, please contact me. If you are in a remote area, I'm not so concerned about the device you use.

I can be reached via e-mail at bmccannell@usinspect.com

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Bill Thacker Guest

Default Re: Looking for Radon work? Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McCannell View Post
    I work for US Inspect, and I am looking for people to do some radon tests for us. We cover the whole country for our relocation clients. If you have a continuous monitor, please contact me. If you are in a remote area, I'm not so concerned about the device you use.

Anyone familiar with these folks?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

Somewhat, they bought up a lot of small and mid-size inspection companies a few years back and consolidated then into one inspection company under one umbrella name.

I know some people who sold out to them and, some felt they had done just that - sold out. Others went to work for them in higher management positions and did not have the same complaints.

Other than that, don't know much about them.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Bill Thacker Guest

Thanks Jerry

Bill

US Inspect has a large amount of relo work. They are a national company but job out as needed when they don't have a company person in the area.

I have done work for them with no problems.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Bill Thacker Guest

Thanks Scott.

Do they pay a reasonable amount?

Bill

I've done inspections and radon monitoring for US Inspect for almost 3 years now. I've never had any issues with them. I let them know my coverage area, and they try to keep the inspections close. If it is beyond my area, they do compensate for mileage. You use their report, which is in a Word format. You do the inspections with photos, fill in the blanks, and send the report through email. The rates they pay for the inspections are low compared to what I charge, but they are consistent (at least in my area) for sending inspections my way. I am still in the process of building my business, and the extra income I generate from them is helpful, especially now. They usually want the inspection done within 3 days, so if you are already busy enough to be booked out that far, it may not be for you.

Ted Menelly Guest

US Inspect is owned by the same mother corp that owns Coldwell banker and I believe c21. I might be wrong about c21.

I received an email back from corporate CWB back some time ago now and they said to stop marketing THEIR agents. They said they just frefer one natioal company, US Inspect.

I politely told them that all THEIR agents were independant and could refer anyone they want. I told a few CWB Realtors what the corporate office said and they told me it was bull. I sent them the return email I received and quite a few folks put up quite a stink about it.

I know what you are probably going to say Brian but I have no reason for saying it other than it is true and they pissed me off along with a bunch of THEIR agents.

I believe CWB main office in the DFW area is in Irving. I might be off by a city.

Imagine in the licensed state of Texas where it is clearly stated about conflicts of interest that CWB actually refers an inspection company that the mother corp owns??????

Bill Thacker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Jarvis View Post
    I've done inspections and radon monitoring for US Inspect for almost 3 years now. I've never had any issues with them. I let them know my coverage area, and they try to keep the inspections close. If it is beyond my area, they do compensate for mileage. You use their report, which is in a Word format. You do the inspections with photos, fill in the blanks, and send the report through email. The rates they pay for the inspections are low compared to what I charge, but they are consistent (at least in my area) for sending inspections my way. I am still in the process of building my business, and the extra income I generate from them is helpful, especially now. They usually want the inspection done within 3 days, so if you are already busy enough to be booked out that far, it may not be for you.
    Thanks Scott,

I contacted them after I learned they were legit. The radon fees are well within reason. Hopefully there will be many relocations this year.

Bill