Default creative use of lint catcher

Looks like someone came up with a new use for one of those useless dryer lint catchers. Nice flashing, too.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: creative use of lint catcher

Soooo ... nothing good to say about it?

At least they used UL listed duct tape.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    Looks like someone came up with a new use for one of those useless dryer lint catchers. Nice flashing, too.
    John

I gotta ask you. I know I spent a lot of times inspecting an older home in the north east years ago. What kind of time total are between the inspection and report on some of these old places. You live in the land of 70, 80, shoot 100 year old homes, Some of these old 3 story apartment buildings with a unit on each floor, different stages of past messed up remodel. It was about 18 years ago. Enlighten me a bit. Sorry to get off track but I see these pics of old homes, flat roof, old electric and plumbing, octopus heating and cooling systems.

I do most of my inspections, and have for years on homes 20 years and younger with the bigger part of that under 10. I do so few crawl spaces I get depressed when I drive up to one to do the inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    I do so few crawl spaces I get depressed when I drive up to one to do the inspection.
    Better Living through Modern Chemistry.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    ...What kind of time total are between the inspection and report on some of these old places....
    Depends, of course, and I don't mean the adult diapers. But in general, 5-6 hours.
    There have been a couple of occasions when the place was such a disaster, and I could have spent a week on it, that I start dropping hints that this may not be what the buyer signed up for, and see how they respond. I really have no interest in inspecting properties that are vacant and have been totally let go, the utilities are off and are borderline tear-downs. But those are few and far between.