Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Spread the wealth

"Talk" you can't talk to people that hate what we stand for "freedom".

Let's annie up and send all the talkers over there and straighten this out. "Heads will roll".

Member Benefits1
    Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

By the end of the week he'll be accusing me of being a secret communist because I shared my toys in kindergarten. I shared my peanut butter and jelly sandwich."
    "Share" he wants to take yours toys and share them with everyone else and not give them back.

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Schulz View Post
    "Talk" you can't talk to people that hate what we stand for "freedom".

Apparently no more than you can "talk" to some on this board.

And they say "they want freedom"? All they really want is for the others to do as they do, in which case, yes, you are "free to do so".

Will this election ever get through with so we can put this crap behind us.

Remember, as long as you want to rant and rave about you guy, I will be here to goad you along and keep you ranting and raving ... it's what I do, and I do it well.

Sure, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Apparently no more than you can "talk" to some on this board.

And they say "they want freedom"? All they really want is for the others to do as they do, in which case, yes, you are "free to do so".

Will this election ever get through with so we can put this crap behind us.

Remember, as long as you want to rant and rave about you guy, I will be here to goad you along and keep you ranting and raving ... it's what I do, and I do it well.

Sure, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.
    Hey Jerry,
    Let's change directions because some of these posts are becoming redundent and slightly boring.
    What do you think of this? Richardson lowers Obama's definition of rich to $120,000 | Politics West
    What is the real number and how low can it go?

It's been said in earlier posts that there's no way to do everything he wants to do by just taxing the top 3-4% of wage earners.
    BTW, I can't wait for this to get over either, but this "back and forth" is kind of entertaining in a strange sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Infelise View Post
    Hey Jerry,
    Let's change directions because some of these posts are becoming redundent and slightly boring.

Hey Tony,

I completely agree.

How about this novel idea ... we stick to inspection related posts, drop the political posts and the religious posts?

I think you have a winner there!

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Hey Tony,

I completely agree.

How about this novel idea ... we stick to inspection related posts, drop the political posts and the religious posts?

I think you have a winner there!
    I'd love to talk about inspections....if there was something going on. Why do you think I'm here on the computer on a beautiful Friday afternoon instead of walking a roof? One thing I know for sure, it will get better. It always does. No matter what. Happy Halloween.

Ted Menelly Guest

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh shut up Ted

I'd love to talk about inspections....if there was something going on.

Great, *there is ALWAYS* "something" going on ... how about sharing some inspection related knowledge to all of us?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

David Banks Guest

This is a very idealistic idea, but not realistic. Who doesn't want peace, but unfortunately hate and war has been here since the beginning of time. It's the nature of man. All the talking in the world not stop it.
    How do we negotiate with people who think nothing of flying planes into our buildings or strapping bombs to themselves and killing innocent civilians or even beheading another human.
    I've heard this time and time again about starting a dialog. I'd like to know how we do this.
    There is also a yearning for knowledge and communication between man since the beginning of time. This is how we evolve. It is good we have people intelligent enough to try peace first. Then we kick their ass if they do not listen to reason

speaking of knowkedge:
    If you guys knew your history of our profession, some call it a trade; you would know who the very first home inspector was and when and where he practiced.

Give up? OK, I’ll help you out.

His name was Sam Akkaidel and he lived in the city of Babylon in 1791 BC under Emperor Hammurabi. Unfortunately Hammurabi was really tough on lousy builders and equally short of patience with home inspectors who didn’t know the building code thoroughly. (actually it was his code, the first know building code in the world)
    Well… they beheaded builders whose house fell down and killed the owner under Hammurabi’s rule. He also ordered the separation of the heads of home inspectors from their bodies for issuing inspection reports that missed any “Material effects” that significantly affected the value, desirability, habitability, or safety of the dwelling they inspected for their clients.

Nothing much is different today except the courts of law can and will separate a home inspector’s bank account from his/her net worth rather than their head.

Hammurabi’s Code of Laws where all-inclusive; a few of them regulated the building contractors of the time. Of the 282 codes, numbers 228 through 233 are those which represent the rules for construction.
    • 228. If a builder has built a house for a man, and finished it, he shall pay him a fee of two shekels of silver, for each SAR built on.
    • 229. If a builder has built a house for a man, and has not made his work sound, and the house he built has fallen, and caused the death of its owner, that builder shall be put to death.
    • 230. If it is the owner's son that is killed, the builder's son shall be put to death.
    • 231. If it is the slave of the owner that is killed, the builder shall give slave for slave to the owner of the house.
    • 232. If he has caused the loss of goods, he shall render back whatever he has destroyed. Moreover, because he did not make sound the house he built, and it fell, at his own cost he shall rebuild the house that fell.
    • 233. If a builder has built a house for a man, and has not keyed his work, and the wall has fallen, that builder shall make that wall firm at his own expense.

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Thumbs down Re: Spread the wealth

Jerry Peck
    Member Join Date: Mar 2007

Re: Spread the wealth
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ron Bibler
    What is truth?

Respect

Ron

THEN SHOW SOME.

Peck,
    NOW THAT IS FUNNY COMING FROM YOU.
    I have lost the final bit of respect I had for you. Your stooping to name calling, (idiots, stupid, ignorant, dumb, lame ass, "to name a few") has reached a new low.
    I thought that you were a smart person, until I saw that you can be brainwashed by the "Dumocrat" talking points.

I feel sorry for you..

And remember, MY GOD loves you.

PS: You say, "There is no God, so there isn't. Hmmmm

Well
    MY God, says, "There is No Jerry Peck, ergo.. No Jerry Peck.

You try to have a great day, in spite of yourself.

Ralph Stakely

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Stakely View Post
    Well
    MY God,

Ralphy Baby,

You just do not get it do you?

"YOUR" god ... not "GOD" ... not "EVERYONE's GOD" ... YOUR god.

If you were the Christian you pretend to be, you would not be saying what you are.

Wishing you a sweet repentance tomorrow at your church, the church OF YOUR CHOICE, mind you.

Bye, Ralph.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted,
    I use a track ball

Taxpayer Group Exposes Misleading Claim About "Tax Breaks for Oil Companies"

(Alexandria, VA) -- Barack Obama's Presidential campaign has repeatedly claimed that John McCain's tax plan would "give oil companies another $4 billion in tax breaks." Like so much of the rhetoric flying back and forth between the candidates, however, that statement leaves out crucial details about the proposal and misleads voters, according to the 362,000-member National Taxpayers Union (NTU). The non-partisan grassroots group has not endorsed any candidate for President.
    "Senator Obama's words give the impression that McCain supports $4 billion of tax cuts targeted just at the oil industry, but the reality is that the Arizona Senator has proposed a complete overhaul of our burdensome corporate tax code to make the system fairer for all businesses," said NTU Government Affairs Manager Andrew Moylan.
    McCain's plan would make two important and beneficial changes, Moylan noted. It would reduce the corporate income tax rate, which is among the highest in the world, from 35 percent to 25 percent while allowing for immediate expensing of corporate investments. These necessary reforms would help to encourage greater growth and job creation in the face of difficult economic times. Perhaps the most important effect of these provisions is that they would reduce the severe competitive disadvantage American businesses face when compared to other countries in our global economy.
    A recent study by the Cato Institute found that America's effective corporate tax rate was 8th-highest in the world. Equally disturbing, it is more than double that of some of the most advanced economies in the world, including Belgium, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. "America swipes more from corporations than even most of traditionally high-tax Western Europe," Moylan added. "We cannot expect to attract new businesses and jobs to this country when we hit them with such punitive tax policies."
    Moylan concluded, "Far from singling out any industry for help, reforming business taxation should reduce rates across the board and treat firms more equitably. This would improve the bottom line for thousands of corporations, large and small. America needs to cut corporate taxes to keep from falling even further behind its neighbors and competitors."
    NTU is a nonpartisan, nonprofit citizen organization founded in 1969 to work for lower taxes, smaller government, and economic freedom at all levels. Note: For more information on NTU, visit National Taxpayers Union & National Taxpayers Union Foundation.

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

Ralphy Baby, (not your Baby.. 65 years old)

You just do not get it do you? (Yep, I get it, do you?)

"YOUR" god ... not "GOD" ... not "EVERYONE's GOD" ... YOUR god. (they have the right to be wrong)

If you were the Christian you pretend to be, you would not be saying what you are.(and why not) (PRETEND< YOUR judgement)

Mr. Peck,
    First of all I'm NOT your Baby. ( demeaning sarcasm on your part)

Second, there you go, judging my Christianity (pretend to be).(another "better/smarter than thou attitude on your part")

Third, there can be only "one God" (supreme being) in charge of this universe. Some ONE (not two/three/four/five/etc) has to be "in charge/control". Just as Brian own/controls this forum (not you, as you seem to believe)(telling people what they can and cannot post here)

Fourth, your ego and lack of tolerance for others' beliefs astounds the imagination. (you are free to believe as you see fit, but (AS YOU SAY) DO NOT TRY to ram your secularism, self agrandisement down others throats.

Fifth, you did not address my concerns as to your name calling and demeaning of others here, just because they don't agree with you. (name calling is 5th grader stuff)

Sixth, I would rather LIVE my life as if "The One And Only God" exists and find out later that I "might" be wrong, Than to live my life not believing and find out on judgement day that I WAS Wrong.

Seventh, Why would I be ashamed to claim to be a Christian, believing in One God? I proudly wear the badge of Christianity. No matter how much you and your secular friends persecute me and other Christians. It is an honor to carry His cross. He died on it for me AND YOU. That's the least I can do for Him.

Yes I get it. MR. Peck.. You believe there are many gods. I respect (more than I can say for you) your decision to be WRONG. All I can do is pray for you and hope you see where you are going astray. I would love to see you in Heaven WHEN I get there.

And until you know me personally and can read my mind, I would greatly appreciate it if you NOT denigrate MY personal integrity and beliefs. (but you go right ahead, if it makes you feel superior)

Yes, MY GOD still loves you and will till the day you die. Unfortunately, for you, if you die without knowing Him, I will not be able to meet you in Heaven and pick your brain for the REAL WORLDLY knowledge that you have.

Alas, I will never know in that case, we will be separated by the gulf that only God can span. And, no one can cross "after the fact." If your name is not written in The Lamb's Book of Life......, (( eternity is a LOOOONG time to regret your mistake.)

Goodbye MR. Peck I hope to see you there (Heaven)

MR. (to you ) Ralph Stakely

(yes I know, you will have some anal to the nth degree, response)

(yes I know, you will have some anal to the nth degree, response)
    Nope, just a simple response is all it needs.

Second, there you go, judging my Christianity (pretend to be).(another "better/smarter than thou attitude on your part")

Third, there can be only "one God" (supreme being) in charge of this universe. Some ONE (not two/three/four/five/etc) has to be "in charge/control". Just as Brian own/controls this forum (not you, as you seem to believe)(telling people what they can and cannot post here)

Fourth, your ego and lack of tolerance for others' beliefs astounds the imagination. (you are free to believe as you see fit, but (AS YOU SAY) DO NOT TRY to ram your secularism, self agrandisement down others throats.

Fifth, you did not address my concerns as to your name calling and demeaning of others here, just because they don't agree with you. (name calling is 5th grader stuff)

Sixth, I would rather LIVE my life as if "The One And Only God" exists and find out later that I "might" be wrong, Than to live my life not believing and find out on judgement day that I WAS Wrong.

Seventh, Why would I be ashamed to claim to be a Christian, believing in One God? I proudly wear the badge of Christianity. No matter how much you and your secular friends persecute me and other Christians. It is an honor to carry His cross. He died on it for me AND YOU. That's the least I can do for Him.

Yes I get it. MR. Peck.. You believe there are many gods. I respect (more than I can say for you) your decision to be WRONG. All I can do is pray for you and hope you see where you are going astray. I would love to see you in Heaven WHEN I get there.

And until you know me personally and can read my mind, I would greatly appreciate it if you NOT denigrate MY personal integrity and beliefs. (but you go right ahead, if it makes you feel superior)

Yes, MY GOD still loves you and will till the day you die. Unfortunately, for you, if you die without knowing Him, I will not be able to meet you in Heaven and pick your brain for the REAL WORLDLY knowledge that you have.

Alas, I will never know in that case, we will be separated by the gulf that only God can span. And, no one can cross "after the fact." If your name is not written in The Lamb's Book of Life......, (( eternity is a LOOOONG time to regret your mistake.)

Goodbye MR. Peck I hope to see you there (Heaven)

MR. (to you ) Ralph Stakely
    Ralphy Baby,

You just do not get it do you?

If you did, you would not have responded as you did.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

David Banks Guest

Taxpayer Group Exposes Misleading Claim About "Tax Breaks for Oil Companies"

(Alexandria, VA) -- Barack Obama's Presidential campaign has repeatedly claimed that John McCain's tax plan would "give oil companies another $4 billion in tax breaks." Like so much of the rhetoric flying back and forth between the candidates, however, that statement leaves out crucial details about the proposal and misleads voters, according to the 362,000-member National Taxpayers Union (NTU). The non-partisan grassroots group has not endorsed any candidate for President.
    "Senator Obama's words give the impression that McCain supports $4 billion of tax cuts targeted just at the oil industry, but the reality is that the Arizona Senator has proposed a complete overhaul of our burdensome corporate tax code to make the system fairer for all businesses," said NTU Government Affairs Manager Andrew Moylan.
    McCain's plan would make two important and beneficial changes, Moylan noted. It would reduce the corporate income tax rate, which is among the highest in the world, from 35 percent to 25 percent while allowing for immediate expensing of corporate investments. These necessary reforms would help to encourage greater growth and job creation in the face of difficult economic times. Perhaps the most important effect of these provisions is that they would reduce the severe competitive disadvantage American businesses face when compared to other countries in our global economy.
    A recent study by the Cato Institute found that America's effective corporate tax rate was 8th-highest in the world. Equally disturbing, it is more than double that of some of the most advanced economies in the world, including Belgium, Ireland, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. "America swipes more from corporations than even most of traditionally high-tax Western Europe," Moylan added. "We cannot expect to attract new businesses and jobs to this country when we hit them with such punitive tax policies."
    Moylan concluded, "Far from singling out any industry for help, reforming business taxation should reduce rates across the board and treat firms more equitably. This would improve the bottom line for thousands of corporations, large and small. America needs to cut corporate taxes to keep from falling even further behind its neighbors and competitors."
    NTU is a nonpartisan, nonprofit citizen organization founded in 1969 to work for lower taxes, smaller government, and economic freedom at all levels. Note: For more information on NTU, visit National Taxpayers Union & National Taxpayers Union Foundation.
    Why not have a National Health Care system like all other industrialized country's and then our US company's could save tons of money and be very competitive.

Meaning WHUT, MR PECK?? What was "wrong" with my response?? Too plain and simple for your intellect to understand? Maybe, I'm just so stupood and simple, that I can't understand what I said.I bet others understand.
    SPLAIN yourself , if you can.. Anyone else can do it in 300 words or less. I give you 6000 and you still can't do it..

You can never answer a question, straight forth and outright.. Your ramblings and anal retentive "answers"
    are worse than a politicians.

Stop parsing words and get to a point.

OH< I'm sorry, you don't know how to do that.

You are beyond "earthly" help.

BTW< I'll be glad to be your "baby" if you want to support me, (spread the wealth around)

RES

Still no response as to why you have to stoop to name calling. Does it make you "feel big""??

Last edited by Ralph Stakely; 11-01-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typos.

One Nation under "God" with liberty and justice for all.

This nation has one God and all others worship false idols.

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    Why not have a National Health Care system like all other industrialized country's and then our US company's could save tons of money and be very competitive.
    I think the GOV. should give everybody say a. hot dog and hambergs and pork chops and a chicken and VW in every garage. and we should only work one day a week with 52 weeks a year off for sick leave. And the GOV. should give me cool stuff for my birthday like free cake... and start a new program like a school to help everybody get along more better...

That would be nice...

Ron

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Has anybody noticed the fear mongerers are heading out to firearms dealers and buying up guns? They apparently fear that Obama will become elected, all gun privileges will be stripped away, and guns will be taken from their houses.

Bad idea.... take away guns AND cigarettes.

Damn commies.

Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

One Nation under "God" with liberty and justice for all.

This nation has one God and all others worship false idols.
    Mike,

Therein lies your problem? (one of ) ... (but we all have problems )

The words "under God" were added in 1954, by Congress after a campaign by the Knights of Columbus.

The original pledge was meant as a patriotic pledge, not a religious pledge. That twisted part was added during the Red Scare of the 1950s, McCarthyism and all. It is not the REAL pledge, it is the MODIFIED pledge and is one of the remaining remnants or McCarthyism.

"Under God"--A Product of the 1950's Red Scare

Be that as it may, the pledge states "one Nation under God", IT DOES NOT STATE 'one nation under ONE God'.

You need to get your history straight.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Has anybody noticed the fear mongers are heading out to firearms dealers and buying up guns? They apparently fear that Obama will become elected, all gun privileges will be stripped away, and guns will be taken from their houses.
    Yep.

There was a news story on the Orlando TV news stations last week about the business the guns shops are doing, seems all the fear mongers are loading up on AK-47s and AR-15s - though I don't know why they would need that to defend themselves if robbed. Oh, its so they can go on the offensive ... got it.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

David Banks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    I think the GOV. should give everybody say a. hot dog and hambergs and pork chops and a chicken and VW in every garage. and we should only work one day a week with 52 weeks a year off for sick leave. And the GOV. should give me cool stuff for my birthday like free cake... and start a new program like a school to help everybody get along more better...

That would be nice...

Ron
    Poor argument Ron. Let it be known that todays conservatives do not want social security, Medicaid etc. The privatization scheme of social security into the stock market is a way of getting rid of social security without directly telling the American people, because Republicans know its popularity.
    This country is very young. Nothing is set in stone. Things can be changed for the better. The constitution once allowed slavery. We now no better, things evolve. Stop being a cave man. Ron from your past post I believe your a very religious man. I have a question for you, which I think a lot of more progressive/moderate people do not understand about religious conservatives.
    Why not have some type of Universal health care so that poor woman and children can get care when needed. I thought Jesus talked about helping the poor. We can spend billions on unneeded wars and overseas wasted money. There are people in this jungle that are not as capable of helping themselves due to health reasons, mental or physical. The young whom are not being cared for properly etc. Some people are just brought up with poor education are not very intelligent and have a hard time making money in this society. We are a better country than this.
    Economics and health care are not in the constitution we can evolve.
    I do not think we should be giving away the farm but there are alternatives, there are universal systems that are not all government. See Wikopedia link.

Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News -

Universal health care - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Respect

Last edited by David Banks; 11-02-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added link

Just got this in an e-mail and, it needs to be shared.

Sort of a primer on business and government.

DEMOCRAT
    You have two cows.
    Your neighbor has none.
    You feel guilty for being successful.

You push for higher taxes so the government can provide cows for everyone.
    REPUBLICAN
    You have two cows.
    Your neighbor has none.
    So?

SOCIALIST
    You have two cows.
    The government takes one and gives it to your neighbor.
    You form a cooperative to tell him how to manage his cow.

COMMUNIST
    You have two cows.
    The government seizes both and provides you with milk.
    You wait in line for hours to get only 2 Qts.
    It is expensive and sour.

CAPITALISM, AMERICAN STYLE
    You have two cows.
    You sell one, buy a bull, and build a herd of cows.

BUREAUCRACY, AMERICAN STYLE
    You have two cows.
    Under the new farm program the government pays you to shoot one, milk the other, and then pours the milk down the drain.

AMERICAN CORPORATION
    You have two cows.
    You sell one, lease it back to yourself and do an IPO on the 2nd one.
    You force the two cows to produce the milk of four cows. You are surprised when one cow drops dead. You spin an announcement to the analysts stating you have downsized and are reducing expenses.
    Your stock goes up.

FRENCH CORPORATION
    You have two cows.
    You go on strike because you want three cows.
    You go to lunch and drink wine and then have sex.
    Life is good.

JAPANESE CORPORATION
    You have two cows.
    You redesign them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary cow and produce twenty times the milk.
    They learn to travel on unbelievably crowded trains.
    Most are at the top of their class at cow school.

GERMAN CORPORATION
    You have two cows.
    You engineer them so they are all blond, drink lots of beer, give excellent quality milk, and run a hundred miles an hour.
    Unfortunately they also demand 13 weeks of vacation per year.

ITALIAN CORPORATION
    You have two cows but you don't know where they are, or care.
    You break for lunch.
    Life is good.

RUSSIAN CORPORATION
    You have two cows.
    You have some vodka.
    You count them and learn you have five cows.
    You have some more vodka.
    You count them again and learn you have 42 cows.
    The Russian Mafia shows up and takes over however many cows you really have.

TALIBAN CORPORATION
    You have all the cows in Afghanistan , which are two.
    You don't milk them because you cannot touch any creature's private parts.
    You get a $40 million grant from the US government to find alternatives to milk production but use the money to buy weapons.

IRAQI CORPORATION
    You have two cows.
    They go into hiding.
    They send radio tapes of their mooing.

POLISH CORPORATION
    You have two bulls.
    Employees are regularly maimed and killed attempting to milk them.

BELGIAN CORPORATION
    You have one cow.
    The cow is schizophrenic.
    Sometimes the cow thinks he's French, other times he's Flemish.
    The Flemish cow won't share with the French cow.
    The French cow wants control of the Flemish cow's milk.
    The cow asks permission to be cut in half.
    The cow dies happy.

FLORIDA CORPORATION
    You have a black cow and a brown cow.
    Everyone votes for the best looking one.
    Some of the people who actually like the brown one best accidentally vote for the black one.
    Some people vote for both.
    Some people vote for neither.
    Some people can't figure out how to vote at all.
    Finally, a bunch of guys from out-of-state tell you which one you think is the best-looking cow.

CALIFORNIA CORPORATION
    You have millions of cows.
    They make real California cheese.
    Only five speak English.
    Most are illegal.
    No calves, they're all gay.

Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Not picking on the Polish but I liked that one the best

IT DOES NOT STATE 'one nation under ONE God'.
    It also doesn't state "one nation under all Gods"

God is written on our monies and monuments, I still haven't seen one that says "all gods"

Our Nation was built under one God and the blood of Jesus. Show me anything in the USA that says there is a different God then our Lord Almighty that built this great nation.

People can believe anything they want. That's there freedom for living here. Just like to yank your chain because I'm bored at the moment.......

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

By the way, I voted so I cancelled out your Vote Jerry..........

I love ya man!

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

adkjac Guest

Dave Banks.. great blue state post!

adkjac

So so soon... at least I will be happy to see Tuesday go by... I think this is the absolute last year I turn on a TV during an election year.

Our Nation was built under one God and the blood of Jesus.

Actually, our great nation was not built under any one god, and the blood of Jesus only comes up during times of war ... You will die in the name of God - but, did you know, 'god' did not start any war, she only gets blamed for the war in her name.

Did you also know that some of the signors of the Declaration of Independence were non-believers? Yes, 'tis true.

See, "GOD", "God", or "god" was not what this great country was built on, in fact, it has survived IN SPITE of those making those claims, and using that as an excuse for war.
    Remember, when our great country was at its greatest, "under God" was not in the pledge, that was only added during some of the darkest days of this country - during McCarthyism. Who, by the way, ended up being censored.

His just desserts, many would say, and, I am sure, there will be a few you feel he was a great man, those are probably the same one who were against the civil rights movement, the equal rights movement, just-about-any-rights movement. So be it - it takes all kinds, which makes is one thing which makes this country great.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    Poor argument Ron. Let it be known that todays conservatives do not want social security, Medicaid etc. The privatization scheme of social security into the stock market is a way of getting rid of social security without directly telling the American people, because Republicans know its popularity.
    This country is very young. Nothing is set in stone. Things can be changed for the better. The constitution once allowed slavery. We now no better, things evolve. Stop being a cave man. Ron from your past post I believe your a very religious man. I have a question for you, which I think a lot of more progressive/moderate people do not understand about religious conservatives.
    Why not have some type of Universal health care so that poor woman and children can get care when needed. I thought Jesus talked about helping the poor. We can spend billions on unneeded wars and overseas wasted money. There are people in this jungle that are not as capable of helping themselves due to health reasons, mental or physical. The young whom are not being cared for properly etc. Some people are just brought up with poor education are not very intelligent and have a hard time making money in this society. We are a better country than this.
    Economics and health care are not in the constitution we can evolve.
    I do not think we should be giving away the farm but there are alternatives, there are universal systems that are not all government. See Wikopedia link.

Page Unavailable
    doc_id=641071

Universal health care - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Respect
    Thanks for the Reply David. And the Q.

Q #1 Universal health care so that poor woman and children can get care when needed.

Q #2 Jesus talked about helping the poor.

To Understand progressive/moderate is easy for me.

but for you to understand conservatives / Christians.
    Is hard. if not impossible? why you ask.

If you understand this Q. you will have your answer.
    If you over look this Q. you will never understand Conservatives/ Christians. or anything about Christians Conservatives.

You ask what is the Question? The Q. is ( What is truth ? )

Every Christian on this board knowns the answer...

If you are a Christian please do not respond to this. let it lay for a time.

David some will take a stab at it like Jerry or give some intellectual point on it.

Best

Ron

The answer, Ron, is that *if you really were a "Christian" ... yes ... " *if you really were a "Christan"* " ... you would not be asking that question.

You would be treating your fellow man with respect, not the contempt you are showing. Your hypocrisy is leaking out all over.

ANYONE who wants to respond to this post may, REGARDLESS of your belief.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Thanks for the Reply David. And the Q.

Q #1 Universal health care so that poor woman and children can get care when needed.

Q #2 Jesus talked about helping the poor.

Is hard. if not impossible? why you ask.

If you understand this Q. you will have your answer.
    If you over look this Q. you will never understand Conservatives/ Christians. or anything about Christians Conservatives.

If you are a Christian please do not respond to this. let it lay for a time.

David some will take a stab at it like Jerry or give some intellectual point on it.

Best

Ron
    I am a Catholic and some folks like to separate Catholics from Christianity and say it is a different kind of Christianity.

I think I may be able to answer your question.

Ron Bibler Guest

The answer, Ron, is that *if you really were a "Christian" ... yes ... " *if you really were a "Christan"* " ... you would not be asking that question.

You would be treating your fellow man with respect, not the contempt you are showing. Your hypocrisy is leaking out all over.

No contempt Jerry. just a little Q. ( What is truth ) ?

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly Guest

Well thanks then. I will answer it thru someone else.

Warning, its a long one.

What is Truth?

Lying, economy with the truth, spin, statistics and all that...
    Tens of millions of words are spoken, printed and broadcast daily. They are the chief means of communication for homo sapiens. The Bible statement that there are many voices in the world(1) is all too true, and this verbal avalanche which descends upon us, whether in the form of advertisements, information, news, entertainment or even government propaganda needs careful assessment. It should all be measured against the truth.
    This immediately brings us to one of the greatest questions ever asked What is Truth? It was actually addressed to Jesus by Pontius Pilate when he was examining Him in the Judgement Hall(2) at His trial.
    However careless people may be about truth, it must be admitted that truth is the only foundation on which any trust can be built. A recent survey on this question yielded the following result. 40 years ago over 60&#37; of those interviewed were happy to trust people and institutions. That number has now fallen to 30%. (BBC Radio 4).

How shall we define Truth? For starters it could be said that truth is that which agrees with reality and can be believed. For instance if I hold a pencil in my hand and I announce that I am holding a pencil in my hand, it will be the truth because it agrees with reality.

From a theological stance Truth originates from God Who is known as A God of truth and without iniquity(3). The ninth of the ten commandments given by God to Moses prohibits falsehood. It states that you shall not bear false witness(4), and lying is the very antithesis of the truth.

The Bible then goes further to unapologetically identify the Devil as a liar and the father of it(5). The strange thing about lying, although it is going on all the time, the inveterate liar is always regarded as a despicable person!

In reference to Pilate's question to Jesus What is Truth? Jesus had previously stated that He had come to bear witness to the truth(11), and a part of that truth is Holy Scripture. because Jesus in His prayer to the Father He said, Thy Word is truth(7). Seeing that Jesus is known as The Way, The Truth and The Life, we have two highly credible sources of Truth. Jesus and the Bible. He could be regarded as the Bible in person, and the Bible is Jesus in print!

Ultimate issues of course are black and white, but unfortunately contemporary issues are not, we must admit. There are variations of truth, or gray areas as they are sometimes called. Take first

THE DELIBERATE LIE

This is the direct opposite of truth and is universally acknowledged as such. It certainly disagrees with reality, because it flies in the face of the facts, and when discovered stands completely condemned. The teller also loses credibility, and the offence is heightened when committed under oath making it a case of perjury.

Deliberate lies are continually being told in ordinary conversation, business and social contacts, often made easier when the telephone is being used. We're all used to the excuses of the computer breaking down; " the one you dealt with has now left the company" or, "I was at home at the time". etc. etc.

We now look at some of the gray areas, where people become economic with the truth, or only tell part of the story, but the thing is if it does not entirely agree with reality eg what really happened, then it carries a measure of falsehood. Can these 'white lies' ever be justified?

THE MIS-LEADING LIE

This kind of falsehood may be told for very good reasons, sometimes rationalised by suggesting it is the less of two evils. It may be used to safeguard someone from danger or even death. For instance, what if, during the second world war a German Christian decided to shelter a Jew? What would he say if the Gestapo came to his door and asked outright if he was sheltering someone?

There are records in the Bible of mis-leading statements made to save others from danger. In the book of Exodus(6) we read that the Egyptian Pharaoh issued an edict that all Israeli male children should be killed at birth, but the mid-wives feared God and refused to carry out the order and so let the children live. When enquiries were made as to their reason, the mid-wives came up with the story that the Hebrew women were more lively than the Egyptian women and and so the babies were born before they could get there! It is quite possible of course that this was a valid biological fact, but the mid-wives seized on it for their defence.

There was another occasion when Israel sent spies to reconnoitre the land of Canaan prior to the invasion(7). A woman by the name of Rahab gave them accommodation, and when she learned of their mission she hid them on the roof of her house. When a search party came to her door enquiring if they were there, she misled them by saying that they had been there but had departed before the city gates were shut for the night. It is interested to note that Rahab was commended in the New Testament(8) for her help and faith. She was not commended however for the mis-leading statement.

In the New Testament there is a tragic incident recorded in the book of Acts(9) when two of the early Christians by the name of Ananias and Sapphira deliberately deceived the Apostles concerning how much money they had given to the Church as a result of their sale of property. The lie was regarded so seriously that they both lost their lives under the judgement of God. Comparing the New Testament with the Old Testament it obviously shows a greater sensitivity to falsehood.

There are occasions when honest people are questioned directly, and they may not wish to answer for personal reasons, it should be emphasised about telling the truth that no one is obliged to answer a question unless there is a legal reason for doing so. The only trouble with a silent response is that the questioner may very well draw their own conclusions!

The Bible nowhere encourages or commends falsehood and lying, but in extreme situations one can only say that God knows the heart and the reasons for whatever answer one might give, and if falsehood was involved a sincere repentant heart would surely find ready forgiveness.

WHAT ABOUT THE DIPLOMATIC LIE?

This kind of untruth is often used when telling the straight truth might upset others' feelings, or may be used as an excuse when something has been forgotten etc. And what about those who are suffering from terminal illness? The doctor would be sure to inform the family, but how should the patient be told?

There was the case of an old lady who was in this category, but the problem solved itself. She knew the seriousness of her condition, but would not discuss it with her loved ones because she did not want them to get upset. The family also knew her condition but would not discuss it with her lest she should get upset!

In another case there was a lady whose husband was terminally ill, but he didn't realise it. She was afraid to talk about it, and because of this she suffered from a guilt complex. In her situation she was not telling a lie, but felt that she was living a lie.

People differ as to how much they can be told, but there must come a time when honesty must be served. Doctors do not play games with patients, and will at some point convey the position to the sufferer. This is only fair, because everyone should be given the opportunity to get their houses in order, materially and spiritually.

On the lighter side of the diplomatic mis-leaders, there are ways of dealing with situations evasively. Politicians are notorious mis-leaders. They will not answer a question if they feel that it will somehow incriminate them or their party. so the interviewer is treated to some complicated verbiage which sounds very impressive but skips the real answer. One member of Parliament on the BBC TODAY programme was asked the same question eight times.. still to no avail.

What about diplomacy on the domestic front? When the children ask where babies come from, or who is Santa Claus? What if the lady of the house buys a new dress and asks the family's opinion of it? If the observations are not too positive, however diplomatic they are voiced, the lady will read between the lines and sure enough the dress will be on its way back to the shop the next day. We have a friend who bought a very beautiful striking red blouse. When she asked her son what he thought about it, he said "Mum you look as though you're going to play for Manchester United!" Only a son could say that. Perhaps if the family went shopping with mum, they could make a 'united' choice!

There are times when innocent evasion is acceptable such as occasions when a surprise party is being planned etc.

Some years ago a certain drink was being advertised as a drink that reaches parts that no other drink could reach. It was reported that someone made a complaint (possibly frivolously) to the Advertising Standards Agency that the advertisement was not strictly true. The drink could not reach parts that other drinks couldn't. But the objection was dismissed on the grounds that the public knew that it was just a humorous way of advertising and no one was being deceived.

In journalism and radio work I have conducted seminars for would-be writers. It is not a pleasant thing to inform anyone that they are not up to the grade, but it can be done graciously and honestly. It may result in disappointment; after all they had travelled a long way to come to the seminar and they were very enthusiastic to present their efforts. The last thing they need is heavy criticism. In many cases they showed potential and they needed encouragement to continue in their studies, but others, who, with the best of consideration, would obviously not make it, and to pretend that they had a future would, in the long run be unfair to them. If of course we discovered at a later date that we had made a mistake, well, good for them!

EXAGGERATION AND SPIN

Human nature has a tendency to exaggerate, especially if one wants to make an impression, or persuade people. We all know of individuals who are prone to enlarge the facts. The events or folk they are describing are made much more exciting than they really are, and often not a lot of harm is done and we take most of the things they say with the proverbial pinch of salt. It is sad however when their credibility is called into question.
    We have now moved into a new area of big-time exaggeration or spin as it is now known. Some newspapers have their own political agenda and will slant their reports accordingly. Truth be told some of us choose the newspapers that best encourage our prejudices!

Government departments and their spokesmen are coming more and more under pressure about their reports. There is talk about documents being 'sexed up' - whatever that means. One of course can understand any spokesman putting a favourable slant on a report, but when it involves deceit, or a deliberate desire to mislead the public, it is high time that the brakes were applied, because when intrigue is eventually discovered - and discovered it usually is - credibility is destroyed and a backlash often follows. The public is neither nor stupid. You can't fool all the people all the time!

A little lad seemed to have his ethics very simple when he said "If you always tell the truth, you never need remember what you have said". And from a higher authority when the Apostle Paul wrote to the Christians at Ephesus he said "Let every man speak truth with his neighbour(10).

Ron Bibler Guest

Dang Ted thats a lone post. did enjoy that.

( What is Truth ) ?

So Ted Do you understand all that ?

The answer is much shorter...

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly Guest

Oh, let me see.

God is truth

Ron Bibler Guest

Thanks Ted. Yes God is truth.

But thats not the answer.

Im not trying to play a game with you Ted or David or Jerry.

just trying to help...

If you want to understand conservatives / Christians.

one needs to understand this Q. ( What is Truth ) ?

Is hard. if not impossible?

Best

Ron

Lordy be!

We need to get back to work and drop all this. Go McCain!

What truly makes this nation great is that we can all have different opinions and rant and rave and still be able to walk down the street and shake each others hands with respect.

If Obama wins I just hope he can at least do one of his outrages claims..........Don't raise my taxes!

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

COPIED WITH PERMISSION.. long read, but worth the time ..(of course, you Obama kool-aid drinkers will not like it)

Subject: Cory the driller

This letter was written by a man in East Texas as an open letter to Senator Obama. He really does exist and says anyone can email his letter around, just don't change it. If you know someone who holds to the theory that the rich have life easy and need to be taxed more send it to them. This man tells it like it is!

Mr. Obama:

Given the uproar about the simple question asked you by Joe the plumber, and the persecution that has been heaped on him because he dared to question you, I find myself motivated to say a few things to you myself. While Joe aspires to start a business someday, I already have started not one, but 4 businesses. But first, let me introduce myself. You can call me "Cory the well driller". I am a 54 year old high school graduate. I didn't go to college like you, I was too ready to go "conquer the world" when I finished high school. 25 years ago at age 29, I started my own water well drilling business at a time when the economy here in East Texas was in a tailspin from the crash of the early 80's oil boom. I didn't get any help from the government, nor did I look for any. I borrowed what I could from my sister, my uncle, and even the pawn shop and managed to scrape together a homemade drill rig and a few tools to do my first job. My businesses did not start as a result of privilege. They are the result of my personal drive, personal ambition, self discipline, self reliance, and a determination to treat my customers fairly.

From the very start my business provided one other (than myself) East Texan a full time job. I couldn't afford a backhoe the first few years (something every well drilling business had), so I and my helper had to dig the mud pits that are necessary for each and every job with hand shovels. I had to use my 10 year old, 1/2 ton pickup truck for my water tank truck (normally a job for at least a 2 ton truck). A year and a half after I started the business, I scraped together a 20% down payment to get a modest bank loan and bought a (28 year) old, worn out, slightly bigger drilling rig to allow me to drill the deeper water wells in my area. I spent the next few years drilling wells with the rig while simultaneously rebuilding it between jobs.

Through these years I never knew from one month to the next if I would have any work or be able to pay the bills. I got behind on my income taxes one year, and spent the next two years paying that back (with penalty and interest) while keeping up with ongoing taxes. I got behind on my water well supply bill 2 different years (way behind the second time... $80,000.00), and spent over a year paying it back (each time) while continuing to pay for ongoing supplies C.O.D.. Of course, the personal stress endured through these experiences and years is hard to measure. I do have a stent in my heart now to memorialize it all. I spent the next 10 years developing the reputation for being the most competent and most honest water well driller in East Texas. 2 years along the way, I hired another full time employee for the drilling business so that we could provide full time water well pump service as well as the well drilling. Also, 3 years along the path, I bought a water well screen service machine from a friend, starting business # 2. 5 years later I made a business loan for $100,000.00 to build a new, higher production, computer controlled screen service machine. I had designed the machine myself, and it didn't work out for 3 years so I had to make the loan payments without the benefit of any added income from the new machine.

No government program was there to help me with the payments, or to help me sleep at night as I lay awake wondering how I would solve my machine problems or pay my bills. Finally, after 3 years, I got the screen machine working properly, and that provided another full time job for an East Texan in the screen service business. 2 years after that, I made another business loan, this time for $250,000.00, to buy another used drilling rig and all the support equipment needed to run another, larger, drill rig. This provided another 2 full time jobs for East Texans. Again, I spent a couple of years not knowing if I had made a smart move, or a move that would bankrupt me. For the third time in 13 years, I had placed everything I owned on the line, risking everything, in order to build a business. A couple of years into this, I came up with a bright idea for a new kind of mud pump, a fundamentally necessary pump used on water well drill rigs. I spent my entire life savings to date (just $30,000.00), building a prototype of the pump and took it to the national water well convention to show it off. Customers immediately started coming out of the woodworks to buy the pumps, but there was a problem. I had depleted my assets making the prototype, and nobody would make me a business loan to start production of the new pumps. With several deposits for pump orders in hand, and nowhere to go, I finally started applying for as many credit card as I could find and took cash withdrawals on these cards to the tune of over $150,000.00 (including modest loans from my dear sister and brother), to get this 3rd business going.

Yes, once again, I had everything hanging over the line in an effort to start another business. I had never manufactured anything, and I had to design and bring into production a complex hydraulic machine from an untested prototype to a reliable production model (in six months). How many nights I lay awake wondering if I had just made the paramount mistake of my life I cannot tell you, but there were plenty. I managed to get the pumps into production, which immediately created another 2 full time jobs in East Texas. Some of the models in the first year suffered from quality issues due to the poor workmanship of one of my key suppliers, so I and an employee (another East Texan employed) had to drive across the country to repair customers' pumps, practically from coast to coast. I stood behind the product, and made payments to all the credit cards that had financed me (and my brother and sister). I spent the next 5 years improving and refining the product, building a reputation for the pump and the company, working to get the pump into drill rig manufacturers' product lines, and paying back credit cards. During all this time I continued to manage a growing water well business that was now operating 3 drill rig crews, and 2 well service crews. Also, the screen service business continued to grow.

No government programs were there to help me, Mr. Obama, but that's ok, I didn't expect any, nor did I want any. I was too busy fighting to make success happen to sit around waiting for the government to help me. Now, we have been manufacturing the mud pumps for 7 years, my combined businesses employ 32 full time employees, and distribute $5,000,000.00 annually through the local economy. Now, just 4 months ago I borrowed $1,254,000.00, purchasing computer controlled machining equipment to start my 4th business, a production machine shop. The machine shop will serve the mud pump company so that we can better manufacture our pumps that are being shipped worldwide. Of course, the machine shop will also do work for outside companies as well. This has already produced 2 more full time jobs, and 2 more should develop out of it in the next few months. This should work out, but if it doesn't it will be because you, and the other professional politicians like yourself, will have destroyed our countrys' (and the world) economy with your meddling with mortgage loan programs through your liberal manipulation and intimidation of loaning institutions to make sure that unqualified borrowers could get mortgages.

You see, at the very time when I couldn't get a business loan to get my mud pumps into production, you were working with Acorn and the Community Reinvestment Act programs to make sure that unqualified borrowers could buy homes with no down payment, and even no credit or worse yet, bad credit. Even the infamous, liberal, Ninja loans (No Income, No Job or Assets). While these unqualified borrowers were enjoying unrealistically low interest rates, I was paying 22% to 24% interest on the credit cards that I had used to provide me the funds for the mud pump business that has created jobs for more East Texans. It's funny, because after 25 years of turning almost every dime of extra money back into my businesses to grow them, it has been only in the last two years that I have finally made enough money to be able to put a little away for retirement, and now the value of that has dropped 40% because of the policies you and your ilk have perpetrated on our country.

You see, Mr. Obama, I'm the guy you intend to raise taxes on. I'm the guy who has spent 25 years toiling and sweating, fretting and fighting, stressing and risking, to build a business and get ahead. I'm the guy who has been on the very edge of bankruptcy more than a dozen times over the last 25 years, and all the while creating more and more jobs for East Texans who didn't want to take a risk, and would not demand from themselves what I have demanded from myself. I'm the guy you characterize as "the Americans who can afford it the most" that you believe should be taxed more to provide income redistribution "to spread the wealth" to those who have never toiled, sweated, fretted, fought, stressed, or risked anything. You want to characterize me as someone who has enjoyed a life of privilege and who needs to pay a higher percentage of my income than those who have bought into your entitlement culture.

I resent you, Mr. Obama, as I resent all who want to use class warfare as a tool to advance their political career. What's worse, each year more Americans buy into your liberal entitlement culture, and turn to the government for their hope of a better life instead of themselves. Liberals are succeeding through more than 40 years of collaborative effort between the predominant liberal media, and liberal indoctrination programs in the public school systems across our land. What is so terribly sad about this is this. America was made great by people who embraced the one-time American culture of self reliance, self motivation, self determination, self discipline, personal betterment, hard work, risk taking. A culture built around the concept that success was in reach of every able bodied American who would strive for it. Each year that less Americans embrace that culture, we all descend together. We descend down the socialist path that has brought country after country ultimately to bitter and unremarkable states.

If you and your liberal comrades in the media and school systems would spend half as much effort cultivating a culture of can-do across America as you do cultivating your entitlement culture, we could see Americans at large embracing the conviction that they can elevate themselves through personal betterment, personal achievement, and self reliance. You see, when people embrace such ideals, they act on them. When people act on such ideals, they succeed. All of America could find herself elevating instead of deteriorating. But that would eliminate the need for liberal politicians, wouldn't it, Mr. Obama? The country would not need you if the country was convinced that problem solving was best left with individuals instead of the government. You and all your liberal comrades have got a vested interested in creating a dependent class in our country. It is the very business of liberals to create an ever expanding dependence on government. What's remarkable is that you, who have never produced a job in your life, are going to tax me to take more of my money and give it to people who wouldn't need my money if they would get off their entitlement mentality asses and apply themselves at work, demand more from themselves, and quit looking to liberal politicians to raise their station in life.

You see, I know because I've had them work for me before. Hundreds of them over these 25 years. People who simply will not show up to work on time. People who just will not work 5 days in a week, much less, 6 days. People always looking for a way to put less effort out. People who actually tell me that they would do more if I just would first pay them more. People who take off work to sit in government offices to apply to get free government handouts (gee, I wonder how things would have turned out for them if they had spent that time earning money and pleasing their employer?). You see, all of this comes from your entitlement mentality culture.

Oh, I know you will say I am uncompassionate. Sorry, Mr. Obama, wrong again. You see, I've seen what the average percentage of your income has been given to charities over the years of 2000 to 2004 (ignoring the years you started running for office - can you pronounce "politically motivated"), you averaged less than 1% annually. And your running mate, Joe Biden, averaged less than ¼% of his annual income in charitable contributions over the last 10 years. Like so many liberals, the two of you want to give to the needy, just as long as it is someone else's money you are giving to them. I won't say what I have given to charities over the last 25 years, but the percentage is several times more than you and Joe Biden. combined (don't you just hate google?). Tell me again how you feel my pain.

In short, Mr. Obama, your political philosophies represent everything that is wrong with our country. You represent the culture of government dependence instead of self reliance; Entitlement mentality instead of personal achievement; Penalization of the successful to reward the unmotivated; Political correctness instead of open mindedness and open debate. If you are successful, you may preside over the final transformation of America from being the greatest and most self-reliant culture on earth, to just another country of whiners and wimps, who sit around looking to the government to solve their problems. Like all of western Europe. All countries on the decline. All countries that, because of liberal socialistic mentalities, have a little less to offer mankind every year.

God help us,

Cory Miller (Just an ordinary, extraordinary American, the way a lot of Americans used to be.)

P.S. Yes, Mr. Obama, I am a real American... C. Miller Drilling <http://www.cmillerdrilling.com/>

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Oh, let me see.

God is truth
    Thanks Ted. Yes God is truth.

But thats not the answer.
    Ron,

Correct. That is not the answer.

Is suspect Ted was 'funnin' with you' because you only listen to what you want to hear (read). Ted will correct me if I am wrong. And, because that is all you wanted the hear (read), then you would carry on until you got what you wanted.

God is NOT "truth". "god" is "fable", verbal and written stories passed down throughout history by many different peoples. It is simply a history of how they tried to explain natural phenomena for which they had no knowledge of and no way to explain, other than some "god" 'did it', 'took care of it', etc..

To understand "What is Truth?" one must first be willing to set aside their prejudices and preconceptions and open their minds to all potentials. ONLY THEN can one discover what "Truth" really is.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

COPIED WITH PERMISSION.. long read, but worth the time ..(of course, you Obama kool-aid drinkers will not like it)
    Ralph,

I could waste more time and space on Brian's server by simply copying McCain's record and claims for the last umpteen years here, and ... (of course, you McCain kool-aid drinkers would not like it at all ... to be reminded of what he really is) ...

So I won't.

I respect the time of the other members here more than to bother them with that drivel.

You will never convince anyone but a McCain kool-aid-drinker that you are right, and, after Tuesday ... ... that may be nothing more than barroom talk.

You know, talking about that great recovery and 8 years under that Obama person, and 4 years with Hilary as Vive President so she could be prepped and ready for 8 years of Hillary as President to follow that 8 years of Obama - and how are you going to recover from 16 years of prosperity which went against all of your beliefs and understandings.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 11-02-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Sorry Jerry thats not the answer.

Best

Ron

Sorry Jerry thats not the answer.

Sorry Ron, that *IS* the answer.

Anything else and you are just kidding yourself, deluding yourself, based on your own beliefs.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Sorry Ron, that *IS* the answer.

Anything else and you are just kidding yourself, deluding yourself, based on your own beliefs.
    Jerry you state that like its the end all fact. In order for you to say that you would need to be GOD. Only then would you know all things. I don't think you know every thing about every thing...

You have had 3 trys at this little Q. And you have been wrong 3 times...

Q. ( What is truth ) ?

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly Guest

Ron

Asking "what is truth' with out a context to go by is almost like asking "What is Love"

Depending on the context or ones particular feelings and emotions are at a particular time "What is Truth" could mean there is no truth!

I have watched shows where the question was "What is Love" Everyone had a different understanding and meaning.

Truth is ones belief. Truth is upbringing. Truth is compassion. Truth is just ones belief in a particular subject matter. Truth is Love.

Ted Menelly Guest

OK Ron

Times up. The buzzer whent off and everyone is not sure of the answer and not coming back with an answer//

Fess up.

"What is Truth"

What IS Truth??

The whole matter depends on "What the meaning of IS IS."

OK JP, you finally admitted it.. You are an atheist. NO GOD, excepting for yourself. I'll be praying for you, as I did this morning while I was "repenting" in the church of my "choice."

As far as "wasting time..... (As you yourself have previously posted, "This is the non-techincal area of the forum, where any (ANY) subject can be discussed.")
    As long as it's not banned by the terms/code of conduct set forth by the owner. I see no one holding a gun to your head making you read the posts and then you, yourself "wasting" others time by *your self proclaimed godship* ravings. (ie: No one is ever correct except for me(meaning you "JP".) If they have the temerity to question me, then they are stupid, idiots, low life , ignorant, God clinging, dumb, useless, uneducated, hard headed, intolerant, waste of humanity.

You still haven't addressed my question of "Why do you stoop to name calling?"

(I don't have time to go back and read all the names you have called people here, but if you were to check some of your previous 17,000 posts, (I'm duly impressed) and read what you said, you might get an idea that your people skills are severely lacking.)(OR NOT!!)

Just remember,
    God has His eye on you. He has kept you from hurting yourself many times in the past.

He still loves you and wants the best for you.
    I, also, wish you the best. My heart hurts for you.
    That's the only reason I keep trying to get through to you.

Phil 4:13 (for the non Bible readers, "I can do all things through Him that strengthens me."
    Ralph

Edit note: Sorry I have to keep editing for typos. I only attended Yale University. (Guess that puts me in the same uneducated league as PRESIDENT George Bush)

Last edited by Ralph Stakely; 11-02-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Typos (again)

Anyone know the price of rice in China?

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Richard Stanley Guest

Like everything else, it's gone down since the olympics.

Nice post Ralph,
    It's funny how the liberals glossed right over it and ignored it's message. They dispute it but can't say it's not true. Blind sheep to the slaughter house.

I only have one Inspection lined up this week so far. Would you liberals please send me some money. Email me and I will give you my address.

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

What IS Truth??

The whole matter depends on "What the meaning of IS IS."

OK JP, you finally admitted it.. You are an atheist. NO GOD, excepting for yourself. I'll be praying for you, as I did this morning while I was "repenting" in the church of my "choice."

As far as "wasting time..... (As you yourself have previously posted, "This is the non-techincal area of the forum, where any (ANY) subject can be discussed.")
    As long as it's not banned by the terms/code of conduct set forth by the owner. I see no one holding a gun to your head making you read the posts and then you, yourself "wasting" others time by *your self proclaimed godship* ravings. (ie: No one is ever correct except for me(meaning you "JP".) If they have the temerity to question me, then they are stupid, idiots, low life , ignorant, God clinging, dumb, useless, uneducated, hard headed, intolerant, waste of humanity.

You still haven't addressed my question of "Why do you stoop to name calling?"

(I don't have time to go back and read all the names you have called people here, but if you were to check some of your previous 17,000 posts, (I'm duly impressed) and read what you said, you might get an idea that your people skills are severely lacking.)(OR NOT!!)

Just remember,
    God has His eye on you. He has kept you from hurting yourself many times in the past.

He still loves you and wants the best for you.
    I, also, wish you the best. My heart hurts for you.
    That's the only reason I keep trying to get through to you.

Phil 4:13 (for the non Bible readers, "I can do all things through Him that strengthens me."
    Ralph

Edit note: Sorry I have to keep editing for typos. I only attended Yale University. (Guess that puts me in the same uneducated league as PRESIDENT George Bush)
    Ralph,

Your post is a pathetic attempt to justify your own beliefs, push them onto others, and make you think you are not doing either.

If that is what you need, go for it.

Your insistence that YOUR god has to forgive others is your way of NOT ACCEPTING your limitations regarding your religious choice and beliefs.

So be it.

Mike Schulz is in the same position as you are, based on his post.

When you grow up and get ideas and understandings of your own, you will be able to relate to, and accept, the positions of others.

Cheers, guys.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Scott,

Ummm ... well, that was one way to try to re-direct this thread ...

How about the price of rice in China as it relates to the price of rice of the US?

We could discuss that at length.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Jerry my post was in reference to the Miller drilling. I said it before that people can believe in what ever God they choose. It doesn't matter to me. I personally have my own beliefs and it's not the traditional ones. Don't drag me into Ralph's and your dispute..........

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

Michael Larson Guest

Jerry,

Are you making the case that only Atheist's are allowed to display the disrespect and contempt you show here on a regular basis?

Let's also not for get the the concept of God has been on our coinage for well over a century.

History of 'In God We Trust'

Hi Guys,

Sorry to but in. I just wanted to say....

PLEASE be sure to vote tomorrow, make sure all your voting age family and friends do to.

I know who I'm voting for, but will keep that to myself.

Have a great day!

Dave Hill
    Buyers & Sellers Property Inspections LLC
    WWW.BuyersSellersPi.Com

Jerry my post was in reference to the Miller drilling. I said it before that people can believe in what ever God they choose. It doesn't matter to me. I personally have my own beliefs and it's not the traditional ones. Don't drag me into Ralph's and your dispute..........
    Mike,

My apologies, I thought you were referencing *the other* part of his post.

Sorry.

"I personally have my own beliefs and it's not the traditional ones."

Define "traditional"?

"Traditional" to whom? Hindus? Muslims? Buddhas? Christians of which faith and denomination? (That last part should say more than is enough to answer their questions.)

Maybe your beliefs ARE "traditional"?

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larson View Post
    Are you making the case that only Atheist's
    Michael,

There you go, picking up on something SOMEONE ELSE said ... thus, you will have to ASK THEM for those answers.

Remember, if you do not read all the posts all the way through, you are likely to (as you just did) repeat something said by others and attribute it to another ...

Peace, Love, and ... put that tie-dye down!

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Larson Guest

Jerry,

It's obvious to most that you were ridiculing Ron's belief.

And that YOU accused him of lack of respect for others and of hypocrisy.

It is my opinion that you show disrespect toward others here often, whether you are an Atheist or not.

I think most here can see that regardless of their beliefs.

But hey, it's only my opinion so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

I need to change this posting to "spread the word" not "spread the wealth"

To all of you that posted thanks for your input. It is good to vent among friends.

Mike Schulz License 393
    www.houseinspections.com

It's obvious to most that you were ridiculing Ron's belief.
    Then it is obvious that you are clueless.

I am pointing out Ron's preaching to others instead of doing what he professes to be - THAT is what is obvious to others.[/quote]

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Michael Larson Guest

Then it is obvious that you are clueless.

I am pointing out Ron's preaching to others instead of doing what he professes to be - THAT is what is obvious to others.
    And your response to my calling you out on your own lack of respect and hypocrisy?

You remain strangely silent.

And your response to my calling you out on your own lack of respect and hypocrisy?

You remain strangely silent.
    Michael,

Like much of what you write ... it simply was not worth responding to.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast