Thread: no drip pan

Default no drip pan

I don't see no drip pan under this unit, and I don't see no way of putting a drip pan under this unit.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: no drip pan

There is already a drip pan. It is that big duct underneath it. It acts as a humidifier.

Is there at least a main condensation line and at least a float switch and or secondary drain line? This configuration is impossible to put a drain pan under. My question is it appears to have plenty of room to lay it down but the stood it up anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    There is already a drip pan. It is that big duct underneath it. It acts as a humidifier.

Is there at least a main condensation line and at least a float switch and or secondary drain line? This configuration is impossible to put a drain pan under. My question is it appears to have plenty of room to lay it down but the stood it up anyway?
    It only has the primary drain line, as far as I know. Can you put a float switch inside the unit? I've never seen that. Even if you could, you still have to have a pan under the whole thing, right?

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    It only has the primary drain line, as far as I know. Can you put a float switch inside the unit? I've never seen that. Even if you could, you still have to have a pan under the whole thing, right?
    You could put a pan under it but then you would have no return. There should be a connection for a secondary drain line and the other answer I have seen a switch inside but forgot to check if that was ok. I think someone said on another post that they checked on that and it was ok.

Again. Not quite sure why they did not lay it down. I know they are made to either stand or lay down but standing up you cannot install it properly.

The requirements used to require an auxiliary drain pan placed alongside the unit with the secondary condensate drain line going to the auxiliary drain pan. That eliminated the auxiliary drain pan "under" the unit when the condition existed (as in your photo) of 'except when not possible to place an auxiliary drain pan under the unit' - now, though, there are also other options, ... none of which are visibly present.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com