Default Anyone seen in leaks from Zurn Pex fittings ?

Anyone seen in leaks from Zurn Pex brass fittings ? I haven't seen one fail however I heard Zurn no longer sells these fittings in at least one State due to a failure, resulting in a leak and later a Class action lawsuit. Anyone had any experience with leaks in Zurn Pex ?

Thanks

Gene

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Anyone seen in leaks from Zurn Pex fittings ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene South View Post
    Anyone seen in leaks from Zurn Pex brass fittings ? I haven't seen one fail however I heard Zurn no longer sells these fittings in at least one State due to a failure, resulting in a leak and later a Class action lawsuit. Anyone had any experience with leaks in Zurn Pex ?

Thanks

Gene
    I have not seen any leaking. What I usually find are improper installations. A common problem are too small of a radius when the pipe needs to make a turn. Also improperly supported and protected pipe.

This link Zurn Fittings, Zurn-Pex and Kitec Brass Pipe and Fittings Lawsuits Class action lawsuits have been filed against the manufacturers of "Pex&qu is one of the many that are put up by law firms.

The problematic fittings were made in China.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Jon Bolton Guest

Default Re: Anyone seen in leaks from Zurn Pex fittings ?

There is a great article in the October ASHI Reporter in the Alerts & Advisories section about issues in Las Vegas specifically. As water passes through fittings, zinc is released from the brass and creates a build up on the interior. The article stated widespread issues and mentioned Kitec and Rehau were definite problem brands but did not exclude Wirsbo and Vanguard.

You can probably find the article on line.