Thread: FHA AND HELLO

SAL IACONO Guest

Question FHA AND HELLO

THINKING ABOUT BECOMING AN FHA INSPECTOR...IS IT WORTH GOING FROM TEXAS TO DC TO TAKE THE CLASS? WHAT DO INSPECTORS CHARGE AND IS THERE ENOUGH BUSINESS TO JUSTIFY TRAINING?

Member Benefits1

Default Re: FHA AND HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by SAL IACONO View Post
    THINKING ABOUT BECOMING AN FHA INSPECTOR...IS IT WORTH GOING FROM TEXAS TO DC TO TAKE THE CLASS? WHAT DO INSPECTORS CHARGE AND IS THERE ENOUGH BUSINESS TO JUSTIFY TRAINING?
    Not going to beat around the bush on this one.

Is there enough business?

Honestly, NO there is not at this time. Have you not heard that the Real Estate market is somewhat tanking? I don't see it pulling out of it for awhile.

SAL IACONO Guest

IT'S NOT TANKING HERE REALLY. I GUESS BECAUSE IT'S A COASTAL COMMUNITY. ARE YOU CERTIFIED AND IF SO, WHAT IS THE USUAL CHARGE TO MIORTGAGE COMPANIES?
    THANKS......

Ted Menelly Guest

Oh yeah. Business is booming. I have never had more calls or work in my life. I am charging 50% more for home inspections than I ever did. I think it is the best time in life to become a home inspector. The new homes are being built really fast and they cannot build them fast enough for all the home buyers. I am getting 50% more referrals than I ever did. I am making so much money that I have to refuse jobs because the bank is to full. I have paid off all my debt from starting a new since I moved to Texas 4 years ago. I had to buy a bigger freezer for all the extra food. I also added on 4 more garages to fit all my recent purchases of classic cars.

Hmm, did I forget anything?

SAL IACONO Guest

WOW...HOPE EVERYBODIES DAY GETS A LITTLE BRIGHTER...THANKS FOR THE INFO

SAL,

DO NOT KNOW IF YOU KNOW IT OR NOT, BUT TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED YELLING!

PLUS, IT MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT TO READ POSTS WITH ALL CAPS.

SO, IF YOU DON'T MIND, YOU CAN LOOK FOR THAT KEY LABELED 'CAPS LOCK' AND TAP IT ONCE ... that outta take care of that problem.

Thanks,

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted, do you need help???? I would love to be in that situation!!! Please refer all turned down work my way!

Thanks
    Wayne

LOL, I am an FHA Fee inspector here in CA. The lenders don't want to pay crap.
    $75 for a final! I tell them to go pound sand. Minimum of $300 + mileage or don't bother me. Some clown must be doing them for that price cause they MUST use a listed Fee Inspector and they are not calling me back. Got two calls while I was in TX & LA for FEMA.
    Need to find that "clown" and beat him severely.
    Dana

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Sal, the HUD/FHA training is DC is to become a REAC inspector.

Once you do this you then need to find a contractor who has the REAC contract in your area or areas. You are a sub and you are paid per inspection. Fees are set and depend on what you are inspecting. NO, it is not really worth the expense, time and effort to get into right now.

If you are already an experienced(5+ years) home inspector you can sign up on the HUD site to be a HUD Roster Inspector (Fee paid inspector). I have been one for 8 years and I bet I have had less than 20 jobs from being listed. Just not a big money maker.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Oh yeah. Business is booming. I have never had more calls or work in my life. I am charging 50% more for home inspections than I ever did. I think it is the best time in life to become a home inspector. The new homes are being built really fast and they cannot build them fast enough for all the home buyers. I am getting 50% more referrals than I ever did. I am making so much money that I have to refuse jobs because the bank is to full. I have paid off all my debt from starting a new since I moved to Texas 4 years ago. I had to buy a bigger freezer for all the extra food. I also added on 4 more garages to fit all my recent purchases of classic cars.

The CHANGE has already started for Ted.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    The CHANGE has already started for Ted.

Yeah. The change started. I think it is the change of life. We older folks have vivid imaginations as well

SAL IACONO Guest

Thumbs up Re: FHA AND HELLO

Thanks for the useful info....I am always trying to find ways to increase revenue at no or little additional expense......Live long and prosper!

Sal,

Are you a Home Inspector here in Texas already?

rick

Nolan Kienitz Guest

Rick,

Sal is listed in the TREC roster and located in CC.

Sal,

I am an FHA inspector and 203k consultant. I've not had any 203k jobs in five years. That product is gaining some traction in some areas of the U.S., but not in Texas from what I've been studying.

As for FHA finals, etc. I have had a contract with a mortgage company for the past couple of years and it works well. But ... only as long as the market is good. New home FHA finals have tanked over the last two months along with the general economy.

The fees for 203k work is set by HUD. A lot of paperwork for not a lot of $$. There is software out there to help with all the paperwork, but that can run in the $600/$1K range and it will take almost two of the larger 203k jobs to recoup that investment. FHA fees are yours to set, but as noted above if someone is willing to spin wheels for $75.00 you won't get the call.