Default College Football

Why, oh why can't they come up with a playoff format? I am so tired of hearing people argue about their rankings, SEC vs Big 12 vs Big 10. It drives me crazy. All of the arguments against a playoff just don't make any sense to me. They have playoffs in Div II and III already, and the world doesn't seem to fall apart. I know the bowl sponsors kick a lot of money to the schools, but I think the money would be the same, or probably even more with a playoff system.

I think it's just completely stupid that there is no NCAA playoff for the national championship.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Brian Thomas Guest

Default Re: College Football

I agree! I have always favored a playoff system but we will likely never see one in Div 1.

I get tired of the argument against a playoff as too much time away from their studies. First of all, all the other divisions have a playoff and they manage to make it work around their studies. Also, there is a period of 50+ days in between some schools last regular season game and the national championship game. Couldnt all that time be used as time to have playoff games?

Richard Moore Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post

I think it's just completely stupid that there is no NCAA playoff for the national championship.
    I totally agree. One question though...how many teams would have to be in the playoffs for my 0 & 9 Huskies to get in?

Eric Shuman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Moore View Post
    I totally agree. One question though...how many teams would have to be in the playoffs for my 0 & 9 Huskies to get in?

Not to toot my horn but I'm pretty sure my 10-0 Red Raiders would make it in!

Sorry, I gotta brag, but this is the first time since 1938.

Eric

Brian Thomas Guest

I dont care who is in it just as long as ohio state is not!