Post Choosing the wrong home inspector could cost you big - KOMO

InspectionNews has just found the following information that might be of interest to you:

KOMO
    Choosing the wrong home inspector could cost you big
    KOMO, WA - 2 hours ago
    Dave said there are people out there offering home inspection services who don't really know what they're doing. The result: "Things that were missed in a ...

More...

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Choosing the wrong home inspector could cost you big - KOMO

You get what you pay for, I wish they had included the price they paid and the prices of the inspectors they tossed for the cheap inspection. We all see it all the time. Gee, that much, WOW , GEE can you do it cheaper?
    Sure, I'll just skip the crawl area with all the dryrot and not bring my ladder to check the windows OK?
    And then after the lowballer screws it up. We all take the abuse.
    Biggest investment of your life and you want a cheap inspector?
    GOOD LUCK!

Angry Re: Choosing the wrong home inspector could cost you big - KOMO

"We never would have bought the house" Marlene said. "There's no question we never would have bought the house."

I think this comment is always motivated by an attorney. The first thing an attorney must tell folks is to say this line on every interview.

I'd be willing to bet when they went shopping for an inspector they choose the least expensive one they could find.

Sounds like the one inspector told them they had a moisture problem but choose to ignore it as always.

Default Re: Choosing the wrong home inspector could cost you big - KOMO

Things like this really get to me, especially after days like today. The pictures I'm attaching all came from a brand spanking new construction. That self serving engineer on KOKO would have an excuse, I'm sure as to why the engineer held responsible for inspecting framing, roof, cladding, grading and drainage, condensing unit compliance, and all windows and doors for windstorm certification has already signed off and applied for the certificate.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix