Exclamation Non political memorial

Freddie Mercury passed away November 24, 1991.

"We are the Champions"
    "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Non political memorial

"Killer Queen"
    "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
    "Under Pressure"

Great stuff.

Did you know that Brian May holds a Phd in Astrophysics and is Chancellor at John Moores University in Liverpool?

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

Just watched Freddie and Queen in concert at Wembley Stadium on VH1 the other night. Brought back some great memories. Where has all the talent gone?

Greg

Kevin Barre Guest

Now you've done it...I thought about Queen and inexplicably my thoughts turned to "Fat Bottom Girls." I'm not sure why; though kinda funny, it was never one of my favorite Queen efforts.

Now I can't get it out of my head. I have an earworm!!!

My wife and I are both big rock and roll fans, and Queen is one of our favorite bands. Neither of us had the chance to see the band live, but have several videos. Freddie always delivered a great show. A lot of current bands could learn a lot just by watching what used to happen on just any old night with Queen. The concept of holding an audience for two hours and more is just not present with a lot of younger bands.

Of current bands that can play instruments and write their own songs, we like O.A.R, Social Distortion, Modest Mouse, The Killers, Chris Thomas King, Robert Earl Keen, Joan Osborne, G. Love, Big Sam, Dave Matthews and others. I'd love to hear of other bands that people are into. It could be a new topic.

Anyone local out there that people are really enjoying listening to? We've got a local blues guitarist named Ryan McGarvey that has been doing quite well on the regional level.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA