Thread: Advice

Default Advice

Hello all,
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Hope you are all staying busy.
    I am away from my business for the winter and would like to take some online courses for general knowledge and also for my needed continuing ed credits.
    What sites or online courses have you used in the past and found to be useful.
    So many seem to be the same old stuff over and over.
    I would really appreciate any input from you all.
    Thanks, Wayne

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Advice

Well excuse me. Away for the winter. Hmm. I take it away meens warmer climate.

A lot of folks do not think to highly of ITA but I find them extremely usefull and take advantage of their online courses when needed.

They have many online courses and if your state has licensing they are usually accepted as well as by your association.

Home Inspection at Kaplan ITA: Home Inspection School, Home Inspection Training, Home Inspection Course, How To Become A Home Inspector

Hope it's nice and warm in Thailand, Wayne.

Do you need continuing ed for licensing or association membership.

A lot of the manufacturer's such as Certainteed have online courses for continuing ed that some of the associatons accept.

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

I took some classes from a place called 100percent education or something like that. In general, it was good info. The classes were overall very quick to get through. Much quicker than the actual time intended.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne soper View Post
    Hello all,
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Hope you are all staying busy.
    I am away from my business for the winter and would like to take some online courses for general knowledge and also for my needed continuing ed credits.
    What sites or online courses have you used in the past and found to be useful.
    So many seem to be the same old stuff over and over.
    I would really appreciate any input from you all.
    Thanks, Wayne
    I have been told that the ICC International Code Campus offers some good and inexpensive code courses online. I'm planning on taking a couple in Jan & Feb and then their exams.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 11-29-2008 at 08:39 PM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Thanks guys, and yes Erby, I am!!! Weather is great. Not to hot, not too cold.
    Aside from all the idiots who closed the airports and should be in jail now and are not everything is great here. I am well away from that madness thankfully.
    I'll check out those sites,
    Ted, I am more concerned with the licensing aspect although the association credits are always welcome.
    Thanks again, Wayne

Ted Menelly Guest

Thanks guys, and yes Erby, I am!!! Weather is great. Not to hot, not too cold.
    Aside from all the idiots who closed the airports and should be in jail now and are not everything is great here. I am well away from that madness thankfully.
    I'll check out those sites,
    Ted, I am more concerned with the licensing aspect although the association credits are always welcome.
    Thanks again, Wayne
    Ok

How much for a cute little bungalo in Thailand. Are we talking some little mony or are those days over. It has only been about 35 years since I had been there last. At that time I could have bought anything for about nothing.

As far as state licensing ITA is accepted by most including Texas. Not to long ago they started some different on line courses.

I hope you enjoy your time in that wonderfully hot, humid, and green climate. Did I say hot, humid and green. I kinda miss it over there.

Wayne,

I'm jealous of you man. Enjoyed Thailand back in 2005. It was great.

rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Richard Stanley Guest

How are the golf courses? Pics??

It's a little more expensive than it used to be but the Thai baht is weakening again due to the problems the government is creating.
    I am far away from bangkok and all that crap. Just rice and golf out here in Korat.
    I built this home in 5 months from the ground up 2 years ago.
    Was a fun build and came out very well.
    Total cost, 100G's

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Ted Menelly Guest

It's a little more expensive than it used to be but the Thai baht is weakening again due to the problems the government is creating.
    I am far away from bangkok and all that crap. Just rice and golf out here in Korat.
    I built this home in 5 months from the ground up 2 years ago.
    Was a fun build and came out very well.
    Total cost, 100G's
    Shoot. That's a 400,000 home in Connecticut. Enjoy. Your home state is getting a little chilly about now.

I am away from my business for the winter and would like to take some online courses for

general knowledge and also for my needed continuing ed credits

What sites
    This Lady Has All The Answers, just subscribe to her Blog ( no need to waste all that time.)
    YouTube - Home Inspections - Confessions of a Realtor
    Confessions of a Realtor - Real Estate Industry Whistleblower Blog Subscription - Ă‚Â*a Real Estate Broker OwnerĂ‚Â* Ă‚Â*Telling you The Truthabout The Real Estate Industry.click Here to Sub

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Ted Menelly Guest

Did you actually look at the entire page and watch the videos for this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Did you actually look at the entire page and watch the videos for this woman.
    Gosh Ted,

Even out of work EX- Brokers gotta Make a living.

I watched the one I posted a link to, and looked at her entire ( just send me *click here* $75.00 Bucks) web page.

I really liked the part about Home Inspectors were Always either too Soft or too extreme and Never Protected HER or HER client that they were un-Qualified ( but she could teach the home Buyer.)

*she also has a Book if you would like to Purchase a Hard Copy.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)

Ted Menelly Guest

I was going to join U Tube just so I could slap him, I meen her with a comment on the video and website, for the comments he , I meen she was making.

Billy,

I don't know why you even posted this crap. All it does is give her a few more hits on her Youtube video.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Billy,

I don't know why you even posted this crap. All it does is give her a few more hits on her Youtube video.

rick
    That's the kind of propaganda we need to Expose and Fight.

Everybody that reads or listens to this type of Bull does not Know It Is Bull.
    "I was a big time Broker and I know it all and will tell you All for only $75 Bucks."

As far as Youtube hits? ( Somebody needs To Find Her And Give Her a Few Hits!)

The Lady ? Is All Over The Web with this Crap!

If you feel that way you should post a comment to her video as I have.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    If you feel that way you should post a comment to her video as I have.

rick
    I'm trying to Compose My Thoughts.

Talking Re: Advice

I guess she didn't like Ricks comments!
    This is what you see at the site:

This is Not Up for Debate. This is What Really Happens in the Real World of Real Estate.
    Comments diabled for this video.

I didn't get to see Ricks comments but mine are:
    What a piece of work she is!

If a man empties his purse into his head no one can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest
    Benjamin Franklin

A.D. Miller Guest

Billy:

I was having a fairly good day until I watched that video . . .

Aaron

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    Billy:

I was having a fairly good day until I watched that video . . .

Aaron
    I don't see what the problem is Aaron. You are a worthless, useless, untrustworthy piece of crap that is good for absolutely nothing and she can put you to shame any day of the week. So!!!! What's different today from any other day

Evidently she didn't like the comments that I made about buyers / sellers did not really have to use the services of a realtor or a broker either. She is pushing they not need a home inspector, so fair is fair right?

Now she has the site blocked that you can't even leave a response. She did seem to leave the (2) comments that agree with her side though.

She's probably someone who can't make it in the real estate world so she's came up with a marketing plan to make 75. a pop to join into her blog.

Have you seen her web page site. Looks like she's a few nuggets short of a Happy Meal.

I would have responded sooner but I was to busy throwing up after seeing that Lesbian Broker spew her asswisdom for the world to view.
    Anyway, Thanks to those who actually gave me some good advice!!
    Wayne

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    I don't see what the problem is Aaron. You are a worthless, useless, untrustworthy piece of crap that is good for absolutely nothing and she can put you to shame any day of the week. So!!!! What's different today from any other day
    Ted:

Thanks for the kind words, I think . . .

Aaron

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

That video was worthless. There's 4+ minutes of my life I'll never get back.

I too posted a comment after Rick. She sent me two nasty responses and removed our comments. Now she wants a video comment, but would probably take those down too. She's a nut job.