Thread: mold phots

Default mold phots

hey all you southern and fema inspectors. i'm putting together a power point presentation on mold and here in colorado dont have to much except up in them there mountains

can someone send me some nasty mold photos from our poor friends in katrina

send to cvanfleet56@aol.com

thanks
    charlie

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: mold phots

Sorry I don't have any Katrina photo's, but here is some good ole Indiana mold for you...

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Better get that stuff tested to prove it is mold.

I wouldn't waste my clients money to suggest testing for mold. It doesn't take an "expert" to tell what it is. Find the water source and get rid of the damaged goods. I haven't been in a house yet that didn't have some mold in it. Its all around us.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Jeff, I was kidding (see the winky face in my reply). I'm assuming you saw the filibuster thread about mold in the General Chit-Chat section.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Jeff, I was kidding (see the winky face in my reply). I'm assuming you saw the filibuster thread about mold in the General Chit-Chat section.
    I think I missed that one..

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Jon Rudolph Guest

Charilie,

We see a notable amount of mold in Colorado, not just in the mountians. As you probably know, there are many potential sources of mositure other than a humid climate.

Are you with a local ASHI Chapter, such as the Northern Colorado Chapter of ASHI (NCC-ASHI)?

I'd be happy to share photos and knowledge as part of our member-to-member benefits.

Jon Rudolph

Talking Re: mold phots

I didn't catch the wink. Thanks. I get riled when people go for the mold meal train. It's like selling muffler bearings to little old ladies.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rudolph View Post
    Charilie,

We see a notable amount of mold in Colorado, not just in the mountians. As you probably know, there are many potential sources of mositure other than a humid climate.

Are you with a local ASHI Chapter, such as the Northern Colorado Chapter of ASHI (NCC-ASHI)?

I'd be happy to share photos and knowledge as part of our member-to-member benefits.

Jon Rudolph
    Thats not very nice Mr Jon. He will get the photos only if he is acceptible to receive them such as an ASHI member?

Default Re: mold photos

Charilie,

Jon Rudolph
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Thats not very nice Mr Jon. He will get the photos only if he is acceptible to receive them such as an ASHI member?

Ted,

That's the way I took it too.

Guess none of here will be sharing any information with Jon, 'cause he's not a member of 'our group'.

Jeez, no wonder ASHI gets such a bad rep., guys like that make it seem deservedly so.

Then there are ASHI members like Scott P. who are the opposite and willing to help all.

Will the real ASHI please stand up ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post

Ted,

That's the way I took it too.

Guess none of here will be sharing any information with Jon, 'cause he's not a member of 'our group'.

Jeez, no wonder ASHI gets such a bad rep., guys like that make it seem deservedly so.

Then there are ASHI members like Scott P. who are the opposite and willing to help all.

Will the real ASHI please stand up ...
    There are some that are bound in their own worlds so tight and get so deeply committed to have everyone join their party or they just are not worth it. Actually there is a little thing in many states about camoradory (is that the word or is it a word that I am thinking of) between inspectors. At the moment I do not belong to any association so I must be absolute crap. I have not yet re upped my fee for membership because I am rethinking all that. Kinda like churches. I am a catholic by birth and I guess nationality. The standard is "our doors are open to all as long as you join our little group". The Baptist door is open. The Methodist door is open. The Catholic door is open. Come in. Let one of our members talk to you. Go to our class and oh yeah, hear is an envelope to give us 10% of you gross.

Good morning, Gents:

I have several thousands of photos of Colorado mould, Charlie. Just let me know what you are looking for, and I will be happy to supply them.

In fact, I do believe that all the photos of moulds found at Indoor Fungal Habits are from Colorado.

PS And by the way, only the photos of the Shaggy mane were from the mountains.

Cheers!
    Caoimhín P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Industrial Hygiene

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Last edited by Caoimhín P. Connell; 01-12-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Added Post Script

Jon Rudolph Guest

Charlie,

Unfortunately, it looks like a simple message response to your request is being twisted. So, I’ll elaborate in hope to bring the discussion back to your question and my response.

I have relevant Colorado mold pictures, which I thought you might prefer for your purposes, as mold is something we do indeed find in this area. Likewise, I bet others in the Colorado area have pictures they might be willing to share as well.

My purpose for bringing up the ASHI Chapter is because I am a member of your local area ASHI Chapter. Being a member has many benefits, such as member-to-member support and sharing. This type of collegial support is generally stronger within a group that knows each other with something in common. I’ll go out on a limb and suggest that the stronger the commonalities and interpersonal relationship the more people are willing to help and share. Based on the comments here, there appears to be different beliefs on this subject.

Anyhow, I don’t know you. I don’t know what kind of inspector you are or how you provide your services. We apparently work around the same my market area. That’s fine. Since any market and industry will have a range in character and quality service providers and colleagues, I am more comfortable and I choose to provide industry professional help to others based on the degree I know them. Based on my experiences I believe many people operate that way. As you can see from this thread, I would probably not get much help from some here, as I am an ASHI member inspector. These thread comments are a good example of my point.

So, my question was, do you belong to a local area ASHI Chapter? More specifically, If not you may want to look into joining as sharing photos is one of many types of member-to-member benefits. I believe many benefits are uniquely provided at a local level.

If you belong to another local area home inspector trade organization then I’d hope one of your colleagues could provide you with the Colorado mold pics. you need and more information on the subject at a local level. If you don’t have an association affiliation then I would encourage you to visit ASHI, or others, and consider the benefits of such a membership. There are three Colorado regional ASHI Chapters to choose from.

If you look into NCC-ASHI and join, then as I’ve indicated I have many local area mold pics I’d be happy to share as well as my knowledge and insight on the subject, for what it may be worth to you. Our Chapter is very generous in sharing and helping each other, especially as our relationships grow. Our general philosophy is that “a rising tide raises all boats.” ASHI inspectors have a very strong market presence in Northern Colorado.

If no affiliation is your preference, then I hope this thread and community has met all your professional needs that a professional trade association can provide.

Let me know if you are interested in NCC-ASHI and I will provide more information. If not, I encourage you to keep the option open.

By the way, I also have professional relationships with local non-ASHI inspectors. Again, for me those relationships have to be developed.

Respectfully,
    Jon Rudolph

oh my goodness

this is ridiculous

i am conducting a class on mold for some of the real estate offices and agents i deal with at their request in my area. i have many photos of mold from my own inspections, but i have nothing that could match what i read about from new orleans,SO iwas AGAIN asking my fellow inspectors from the south or those who inspected the katrina disaster if they could share some photos they had . i don't care if they are ASHI, INTERNACHI, NAHI,OR THE GARBAGE MEN OF AMERICA. is that so hard.

by the way i am the education director for the rocky mountain chapter of NAHI. and many of you inspectors in the colorado area might have recieved educational emails from me from icontact. i send out to ASHI and NAHI and INTERNACHI--i don't give a $%@# who you are

SO ANYBODY GOT SOME PHOTOS

THANKS
    CHARLIE

What makes it a "benefit" that members of ASHI can share things with each other like photos? Is that the sort of thing non-members can't do (sorry, I'd like to share some photos but I don't belong to any professional organizations so I can't), or is it simply that once you join an organization like ASHI you commit to NOT sharing with others unless they're also ASHI members?

I'm just trying to understand what "member to member benefit" means. It doesn't sound like a compelling benefit to me - in fact I'm somewhat predisposed to thinking that anything "member to member" isn't a benefit at all since the activity is possible irrespective of membership.

My purpose for bringing up the ASHI Chapter is because I am a member of your local area ASHI Chapter. Being a member has many benefits, such as member-to-member support and sharing. This type of collegial support is generally stronger within a group that knows each other with something in common. I’ll go out on a limb and suggest that the stronger the commonalities and interpersonal relationship the more people are willing to help and share. Based on the comments here, there appears to be different beliefs on this subject.

"Based on the comments here, there appears to be different beliefs on this subject."

Correct.

One does not need to have "stronger the commonalities and interpersonal relationship" here for us to share things ... WE JUST DO IT for the greater good of all.

Criminey, Jon, your second post trying to dig you out just dug you deeper into the 'if you are not a member we don't share, or at least don't share as much as freely'.

Get over it.

If you have photos, AND IF YOU SHARE with others ... SEND THE FRIGGIN' PHOTOS TO CHARLIE.

My gawd, man, you make life soooooo difficult ... either you share your knowledge and experience with others or you do not (unless they are in your tight-knit group ).

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Caoimhin
    thanks those pictures were ugly and great, as usual you are always there to help

thanks
    charlie

are u a memebr of ashi--just kidding

Charlie,

You must learn to use the force.

I'm talking about Google.

If you go to Google.com, click on images, type in Mold in New Orleans for example you'll get all the mold pictures you could use.

rick

Here are some recent pics at the interior of an improperly detailed and sealed split-block wall in Chicago, the circular pattern resulted from an unsealed penetration at a hose bib.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

thanks to all i got my pictures

even you jon
    charlie

Mind blowing.

I can't give back enough to the people here who were more than willing to help answer what I'm sure were many, many very basic questions when I was getting started, despite the fact that I didn't belong to ANY association.

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 01-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    despite the fact that I didn't belong to ANY association.

Michael,

You belonged to the most important association out there ... inspectionnews.com.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com