Thread: A newbie in TN

Frank Lutz Guest

Default A newbie in TN

Hey Folks,

Been building homes and condos for twenty years. Got into inspections about two years ago in Georgia, Just about the time the market tanked. Went from doing eight inspections a week, to doing one or two a week. Great timing!
    Living in Coalmont, TN now. Have yet to research out here to see if there's any call for it.

Frank

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: A newbie in TN

Welcome Frank,

Pull up a chair & stay awhile.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Ron Bibler Guest

Wellcome... hope your in for the long hall...

Best

Ron

Welcome Frank,
    I have a feeling the demand for home inspections in your area isn't all that much even when the market is booming.

You do know that you have to be licensed to do home inspections in TN?
    There are ASHI chapter meetings held in Nashville and Knoxville about 4 times per year each. Our next one in Knoxville will be in February.
    You do not have to be an ASHI member to come to our meetings. IN fact you don't even have to be a home inspector, though it would probably be pretty boring if you weren't.

Feel free to direct message me and I will put you on the e-mailing list for the meetings.

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Welcome Frank,
    I have a feeling the demand for home inspections in your area isn't all that much even when the market is booming.

You do know that you have to be licensed to do home inspections in TN?
    There are ASHI chapter meetings held in Nashville and Knoxville about 4 times per year each. Our next one in Knoxville will be in February.
    You do not have to be an ASHI member to come to our meetings. IN fact you don't even have to be a home inspector, though it would probably be pretty boring if you weren't.

Feel free to direct message me and I will put you on the e-mailing list for the meetings.
    Does Tenn have a state home inspector association. Or is it just a requirement to belong to any association ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Does Tenn have a state home inspector association.
    Yes ( not required to hold a State License to belong to any organization.)
    HITA

Last edited by Billy Stephens; 12-14-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

The link that Billy put up is broken try this for the TN association HITA

As Jack said you have an ASHI chapter in East and Central Tennessee that meet 4 times a year. Everyone is welcome for the education and fellowship, you don't have to be a member. Even if you are a member of another home inspector organization you are welcome. It is always good to see new folks!

This is the lin for the East Tennessee ASHI website www.ETASHI.com home page
    This is the link for the Mid-Tennessee ASHI website The Middle Tennessee Chapter of ASHI - American Society of Home Inspectors

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com