Default Nowhere to go but up!

Wow, I'm just digesting the latest real estate statistics for my area.

Boys (and girls), it's UGLY out there.... My metro area had a hair over 1000 closed sales for the month of November. That's far less than half than the previous few Novembers.

Our inventory is now at 15 months which is pretty much historically high.

And, as if the economy as a whole isn't bad enough, we just got a snow storm which should pretty much kill business until at least the end of the month.

So, how are things in your neck of the woods?

Inspection Referral

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Nowhere to go but up!

Business is definately off and the temp was 32 degrees today, no snow. I only have a few scheduled for the week, maybe.

And, as if the economy as a whole isn't bad enough, we just got a snow storm which should pretty much kill business until at least the end of the month.

So, how are things in your neck of the woods?
    I re- scheduled 2 jobs for this week, which pretty much gave me nothing for the week.

This morning I booked 3 jobs for this week and talked someone else into waiting until next week.

I tried to talk everyone into waiting, but failed on the 3 upcoming jobs.

It seems like every time I don't want to work (weather), or am on vacation I get all of my calls.

For the months of Nov/ Dec. I am up this year from last for some reason, but that's not saying much.

I don't think I'll give anymore bail-outs to the big 3, not this year!

1) For years, I've used a Palm-based smartphone.

2) Recently, Verizon decided that if you purchase a smart phone model that they put in service after November 2008, you must purchase Internet access for $40 a month.I never use the feature - had their Internet access for a month, updates are like watching water freeze.

3) Recently, lost my phone.

4) So I purchased a pre-November 2008 model on eBay from seller with more than 7000 transactions, 99.9% positive.

5) Phone was defective in an intermittent spooky sort of way, but Verizon also messed up the changeover - so occasionally it would take hours or days for voicemail to appear in the voicemail box, but because I thought it was the phone, took me weeks to diagnose the Verizon problem and get it fixed.

6) Meanwhile, in the last two weeks not only did I lose three jobs (hard to get here in Chicago, in this economy, in February) because I did not respond in a timely manner, but I pissed off the people who referred them, two out of three of whom have not bothered return my calls of apology.

7) Attempted to get the phone exchanged, turns out that this is the moment when the seller decides for whatever reason to start shipping defective product, then string the buyers along, then disappears.

8) But I always purchase through PayPal, so I'm protected against such problems.

9) However, I'm one day past the deadline to file with PayPal.

10) Complained to a friend, who and sent me this link:

F*** My Life - FML : Your everyday life stories.

11) But at least I have an inspection tomorrow at 7AM, first this month...

12) But I had to come down $125 to get it...

13) And of course, it's another &%$)_(*^ "winterized" foreclosure...

FML, indeed, this winter it's just my turn to get

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 03-02-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com