Default Clicking Sounding Faucets

Hydrotherapy tub with higher end faucets.

If either the hot or cold was on, the faucets would produce a clicking like sound every 30 seconds or so.

Water pressure was good.

Any ideas?

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Clicking Sounding Faucets

This is the faucets in question.

Maybe the clicking was the ceiling fan chain above the tub. Nah.. Don't think so.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Safety aside, those people should be fined for an excessive ugly bath.

Regarding the clicking every 30 seconds, I say go with whatever the little voices in your head tell you.

Since you said high end, I wonder if the noise is coming from some type metering valve built into the faucet set for backflow prevention? It's not a very good guess, but it's the best my voices could come up with on short notice. If they change their minds, I'll get back to you.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

I had a new home home a few weeks back that had a nail through the supply line under the tub. The only way I found it was the faucet was making a strange popping sound and it also had air in the water stream.

The hole in the line was in such a fashion that it allowed air to enter the line and just a little water would leak out around the nail. Luckily the basement was not finished and the builder had an access panel for the area under the tub. I imagine that this would have only lasted a little longer before it was a full blown leak.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Mike Huppi Guest

Wink Re: Clicking Sounding Faucets

I dont know about the clicking but I think I would mention the mirror on the was as it should be tempered glass and the lights do not look like they are approved for wet conditions.

If someone stood up and started to slip they might reach out and grab one of those ugly wall lamps that have electricity running through there and it might be a little bit of a problem.

Ugly bathroom also

If the mirror has solid backing, I don't think it has to be safety/tempered. I agree about the lights though. And the ugliness.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com