Thread: Go Gators!

Default Go Gators!

Well, the results are in ... Gators won!

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Go Gators!

Good for them. My daughter went to that college. I saw several games there.

My oldest daughter graduated from UF School of Nursing (or whatever that part of the med school is called) as an RN.

She now runs the entire nursing department at Ocala Regional Medical Center. She was named Nurse of the Year in 2004 ( Ocala Regional Medical Center ).

Two of her kids work there and the other one is in the Marines.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    My oldest daughter graduated from UF School of Nursing (or whatever that part of the med school is called) as an RN.

She now runs the entire nursing department at Ocala Regional Medical Center. She was named Nurse of the Year in 2004 ( Ocala Regional Medical Center ).

Two of her kids work there and the other one is in the Marines.
    My daughter is a charge nurse at baptist hospital in Jacksonville. The one that went to UF is a medical science writer . She is the department head of a large pharmaceutical company in California. The nurse does very well and then other makes more than God ever intended anyone to make. Proud of both. Couldn't be happier for them

Richard Stanley Guest

Congratulations to the Gators. Excellent performance.
    The Downtown Athletic club must feel embarrassed this morning. Heisman to Bradford!! What a Joke.
    I am not a believer in individual awards for team sports..but, Bradford over Tebow...get serious.. They aren't even in the same league - for that matter, shouldn't even be allowed on the same field.
    A good thing is that Tebow will probably be back for us to watch him again next year --hope so - it's fun to watch. I doubt that he wants to go to Detroit.
    BUT - Gators #1 -- Hmmm. There is a school called UTAH. AND, the gators only beat the 2nd best team in the big 12. As usual, we'll never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stanley View Post
    BUT - Gators #1 -- Hmmm. There is a school called UTAH. AND, the gators only beat the 2nd best team in the big 12. As usual, we'll never know...

I believe there are, what, 4 or 5 teams trying to claim to be #1?

They all, for various reasons, have legitimate arguments for their position that THEY are the true #1 team, can't knock them for that, but ...

... there were only 2 teams which played for "The National Championship" in the Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game, and only 1 of those 2 teams won ... Go Gators!

I also would like to see Tim Tebow back another year. Someplace I read that his value in the NFL is "limited", not sure why, though, but, if his value is "limited" in the NFL he is more likely to stay another year.

Hopefully he will NOT win the Heisman next year, 'cause if he does, they will not win another National Championship ... seems that to win the Heisman simultaneously causes one's team to lose their next bowl game.

Hmmmm ... Heisman or National Champions next year? Without a doubt, Tim Tebow would forgo the Heisman in favor of having his team win another National Championship ... but all of that if too far into the future to do any more than speculate on the possibilities ... even as sweet as that speculation may be ...

I lived in Gainesville for 20 years, there is nothing there other than the Gators!

When I lived in South Florida for the next 20 years, UM's draw for sports was diluted by all the professional teams in the area: Dolphins, Heat, Marlins, Panthers, a professional soccer team for a while, other teams, also diluted by South Beach, the beach, sun and fun ...

In Gainesville ... you had ... the Gators ... or nothing.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 01-09-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: speelin'
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Richard Stanley Guest

Florida college football is usually exciting to watch -and I do.
    The limited valuation of Tebow is, based on what I've heard from the talking heads, is his passing technique and propensity to run himself. Similar to the same style that Vince Young had at UT. That can work well (obviously) in college -- not so good in NFL. The Titans tried to change Vince - not so successfully. NFL seems to prefer straight dropback , stay in the pocket types.
    You are correct about the heisman - it is a curse. A very good friend of mine - an OU fan, was actually depressed when Bradford was awarded it - and he predicted OU would lose to UF.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

The Heisman is a great award for individual achievement but far from an indicator of success in the NFL. The award is all about numbers. The gaudier and flashier the better. Which come to think of it is a lot the same way the college football rankings work.

Congrats to the Gators.

We need to have a national playoff system and end this "who is the best" BS.
    The Utes have a legitimate argument and I'm glad the gators won. For some unknown reason I don't like Stoops and really don't know why? Perhaps its his attitude I've seen over that last few years.....
    Tebow reminds me of that old Cal player Joe Capp. Both of those guys could play any position on a football team and be outstanding.

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

The current system will never go away as long as schools playing in the bowls continue to reap the monetary rewards the bowl sponsors bestow on said schools. The major bowls have a total dollar figure of $17 million to split between the schools playing in that game. The school presidents are the ones who've said they don't want a playoff system. They dont want that big fat payout to go away.

I agree that it sucks Jerry. But I think we're stuck with the BCS for a while.

Ah Nick, I'm afraid you're correct. The voice of money is loud and irresistible to college presidents and their board of regentrs.

Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

Richard Stanley Guest

Oh yeah - I'd forgotten about Joe Kapp.
    The only reason I don't like Stoops is he is at OU. He is, though, a hell of a good coach. Look at his record. Wasn't he defense coach at Florida with Spurrier when they won National championship a few years ago?

Chuck Weaver Guest

Man I love college football. What a great championship game and the best team (and quarterback) did win. ROLL TIDE where my wife and 3 children are alumni.