Thread: Hello form MN

Jim Williamette Guest

Default Hello form MN

Have been watching Inspection News, and wanted to say hi. And to let you all know that we are still blessed here in Mn as we are out walking on the water and drilling holes catching fish.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Hello form MN

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wiliamette View Post
    Have been watching Inspection News, and wanted to say hi. And to let you all know that we are still blessed here in Mn as we are out walking on the water and drilling holes catching fish.
    Jim: Hoist one for me.

Aaron

Jim,

Do you have one of those portable type fishing shacks? I see a story on National Geographic once that showed all these people ice fishing and they actually had these little shacks that they were in to stay somewhat warm in. Right in the middle of the area of the shack was this hole in the ice that they fished out of. The area that the story was showing had hundreds of these type of structures present. The shacks was on a skid that could be pulled around on the ice to different locations. Looked like fun.

rick

Ron Bibler Guest

Why do they call it ice fishing? They should call it shack fishing!

Welcome... do you known Al Franken?

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Why do they call it ice fishing? They should call it shack fishing!

Welcome... do you known Al Franken?

Best

Ron
    Ron: A portable bar complete with fishing gear.

Looks like fun, right . The picture with the metal buildings is from Quebec, now thats a set up. More like shack city.

Where's the coolers for the cold beer.

I see they have dish for the watching the games when the fish aren't biting. Or maybe they have those ice fishing hints on the Playboy channel.

rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Ron Bibler Guest

They have temp power poles running water heating. A place where a guy could hang...

Best

Ron

When I was a kid up in New York (40 miles south of Buffalo), my Dad and Uncle (who lived next door) had an ice fishing house which they would take out onto the lake every winter. Us kids liked it more than they did, I think.

Of course, it was not unusual for that lake to freeze over a foot or so thick with ice. Used to race (if you could call it that) cars on the ice once it reached 6" thick.

Before that, the ice on the lake was harvested and sent to the mid-west for use in ice houses and ice boxes - anyone remember those things? Refrigerators? Had not invented them yet, and then it took a while for those new-fangled things to become accepted and affordable where almost everyone had one.

Not to worry, all that was well BEFORE my lifetime, I *am not* THAT old (maybe WC Jerry is ).

I do, however, remember that my grandparents kept an ice box on the porch for cold drinks, and had ice delivered for it.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com