Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Darrel Hood Guest

Default Re: We Need Inspectors and/or People with Construction Experience

I received an email from them yesterday. They provide engineering certification for mobile home foundations based on contractor inspection reports. In the email, they clearly outline their payment and inspection program. They also attached the business agreement which appears to be straight forward. It looks to me like they give adequate information for any applicant to make a decision on whether to do business with them.

Darrel Hood
    DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES
    (936)827-7664

Inspection Referral

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Hood View Post
    I received an email from them yesterday. They provide engineering certification for mobile home foundations based on contractor inspection reports. In the email, they clearly outline their payment and inspection program. They also attached the business agreement which appears to be straight forward. It looks to me like they give adequate information for any applicant to make a decision on whether to do business with them.

Darrel Hood
    (936)827-7664
    Darrel,

Can you verify what the company's name is? Is it Nationwide Foundation Certification as Scott noted above?

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!
    www.psinspection.com
    Texas License# 7593

Quote Originally Posted by EmmanuelScanlan View Post
    Darrel,

Can you verify what the company's name is? Is it Nationwide Foundation Certification as Scott noted above?
    That is what is listed on the paperwork that they sent me! So, yes I can verify it....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    That is what is listed on the paperwork that they sent me! So, yes I can verify it....
    Thank you Scott!

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!
    www.psinspection.com
    Texas License# 7593

Darrel Hood Guest

On the documents they sent me, the company name is Foundation Certifications.com. The contract is with Harrison Engineering, LLC of Klamath Falls, Oregon, which owns Foundation Certifications.com.

I found no reference to Nationwide Foundation Certification. Perhaps, they are using a different business name in different regions?

Darrel Hood
    (936)827-7664

Perhaps, they are using a different business name in different regions?

Just a thought, but if they are signing and sealing those documents with an engineer's stamp and signature, would not that engineer be required to be licensed/registered in the state where the foundation was being constructed?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

On the documents they sent me, the company name is Foundation Certifications.com. The contract is with Harrison Engineering, LLC of Klamath Falls, Oregon, which owns Foundation Certifications.com.

I found no reference to Nationwide Foundation Certification. Perhaps, they are using a different business name in different regions?

Darrel Hood
    (936)827-7664
    Go and look at the website (click on the link I provided) then you will see that they are one in the same.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Just a thought, but if they are signing and sealing those documents with an engineer's stamp and signature, would not that engineer be required to be licensed/registered in the state where the foundation was being constructed?
    With Hayman they list the states that they hold a license in. I would assume that Harrison would be doing the same.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Richard Thacker Guest

http://www.needahomeinspector.com

You guys must have seriously beat the sh*t out of Ray J. He took his secret "next best thing" business and went home. Good going all

Darrel Hood Guest

Jerry,
    I am neither knowledgeable on the requirements of an engineer to stamp a document, nor am I responsible for compliance. I am aware of the requirements imposed by my license, and I will fulfill those requirements to the best of my ability in everything I do. I also have the habit of getting my attorney to review every contract, including this one, before I sign it. That is part of my due diligence and risk assessment. Thank you though, for sounding this note of caution.

Darrel Hood

Just got off the phone with Mr. Harrison attempting to better understand the subcontractor agreement .

In the mutual covenants, HE responsibilities, it stated (5) that AG will "indemnify and hold the subcontractor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses. expenses, claims or cost from any issue arising as a result of the foundation certification".

However in the subcontractor's responsibilities it states (5) that the subcontractor "shall maintain professional liability insurance for protection from claims arising out of performance of professional services caused by any negligent error, omission or act for which the insured is legally liable".

Per Mr. Harrison, as subcontractors are not employees of AG, and AG's error and omissions insurance does not cover them - you have to provide your own E&O.

I've not checked with FREA (my E&O carrier) but based on conversations I've had with FREA on similar issues in the past I'm only covered for home inspections conducted in compliance with the Illinois State SOP on the basis of a signed contract for same.

So if I wish to be covered by E&O and general liability for these foundation inspections it appears likely I would have to obtain coverage through another source, and I suspect I'd find it tough to locate one which would write coverage for such an inspection.

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thomas View Post
    Just got off the phone with Mr. Harrison attempting to better understand the subcontractor agreement .

In the mutual covenants, HE responsibilities, it stated (5) that AG will "indemnify and hold the subcontractor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses. expenses, claims or cost from any issue arising as a result of the foundation certification".

However in the subcontractor's responsibilities it states (5) that the subcontractor "shall maintain professional liability insurance for protection from claims arising out of performance of professional services caused by any negligent error, omission or act for which the insured is legally liable".

Per Mr. Harrison, as subcontractors are not employees of AG, and AG's error and omissions insurance does not cover them - you have to provide your own E&O.

I've not checked with FREA (my E&O carrier) but based on conversations I've had with FREA on similar issues in the past I'm only covered for home inspections conducted in compliance with the Illinois State SOP on the basis of a signed contract for same.

So if I wish to be covered by E&O and general liability for these foundation inspections it appears likely I would have to obtain coverage through another source, and I suspect I'd find it tough to locate one which would write coverage for such an inspection.
    I just received a new email from Mr Harrison, attached was a new contract. I will not be signing it due to the payment change (you get paid when they collect) and the insurance issue. The original contract was not like this one.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Keller View Post
    Part of the beauty of running your own business is the freedom to choose who you do or do not work for. As a contractor, I wouldn't even consider bidding jobs for a developer or realtor. Life presents enough challenges at times without purposefully bringing sleazebags into it.
    As an inspector I don't work for anyone and everyone who calls. Would I work for an Ins. company? Maybe. I agree with Aaron that their paperwork is in it's own sleaze category.
    I checked this guys page, yes the info he asks for seems benign enough. However, with that info, (I) someone could gather the rest of the necessary info to steal your identity or create mischief.
    If someone wants to do business but isn't willing to say who they really are ... well no thanks.
    That info is freely available all over several of my websites. Probably in your promo as well. what's to hide? If that is all it took to steal my identity, we are all toast!
    LOL

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Site says he's only licensed in three states CA, OR & VA Haven't verified license status. only charges 100-200 for a site inspection/reinspection can't be much left after the engineer takes his cut. Web site looks fishy never giving address.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray J. View Post
    Hello Everyone,

We are in need of people who have construction experience and/or site inspection experience.

We have projects throughout the nation and we are always looking for good, reliable people.

Our business is constantly expanding into new locations and finding the right person for a specific location is important to us.

If you have a good eye for detail then you need to contact us.

If you think you might be interested, then you need to go to our pre-qualification questionnaire page to see if you are the right fit for our type of work. Please go to:

On-Site Inspector

Thanks for listening and we hope to hear from you.

--
    Ray

Been registered with your guys since April. Not seen one job yet. Not a high demand I guess.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

I sent my info about 6 months ago and all I've recieved so far is a nice xmas card....guess they don't do much work in Colorado b

Ron Bibler Guest

I had a company call me last week looking for an inspector to drive 2 & 1/2 hr out on the north coast about 3 hr north of San Francisco for $ 100.00 and you get paid on a later date... What heck are these people thinking ?

this would have been about a 6 hr drive alone to this property and back.

Now if it was summer time and I was going for a long ride out on the coast as I do some times this would have been OK... as I ride the coast from time to time its a very nice ride up Hwy 1 north. $ 100.00 will do a lobster lunch.

Best

Ron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12