Default LP tank near direct vent

1st time I have seen this. Does not appear like a good idea to me, but wondering if anyone has a code reference or any manufacturers statements that would not allow this?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    If it weren't for lawyers, we would never need them.

Default Re: LP tank near direct vent

NFPA 58 3.2.2.2b"Cylinders alongside of buildings shall be located and installed so that the discharge from the cylinder pressure relief device is at least 3 ft horizontally away from any building opening that is below the level of such discharge. The discharge from cylinder pressure relief devices shall be located not less than 5ft. in any direction away from any exterior source of ignition, openings into direct vent (sealed combustion sysytems) appliances, or mechanical ventilation air intakes."
    Frank - I had a recent thread about propane tank clearances, and the above was provided by Bob Harper.
    Also this diagram.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com