Chris Heuges Guest

Default Stucco Spec - Written

I'd love to be able to hand a written stucco spec to our plastering subs so that everyone is bidding apples-to-apples, and also to ensure accountability when it comes to full code compliance here in the Philadelphia area.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks-c.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Stucco Spec - Written

Try this, it is not manufacturer specific (as most specifications are as they are written by the various manufacturers): Stucco 3-Coat :: BuildIQ.com

Then include that the lath and exterior plaster (stucco) is to also be in compliance with ASTM C 926 (stucco) and ASTM C 1063 (lath).

And that you will be inspecting it according to this: http://www.mnlath-plaster.com/listin...ion_Manual.pdf

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Chris Heuges Guest

Jerry-

Those are great, thanks!

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Heuges View Post
    I'd love to be able to hand a written stucco spec to our plastering subs so that everyone is bidding apples-to-apples, and also to ensure accountability when it comes to full code compliance here in the Philadelphia area.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks-c.
    Chris: In addition to what JP said, I would recommend the Portland Cement Association's Plaster/Stucco Manual. The American Concrete Institute's Guide to Portland Cement-Based Plaster is good. The Association of the Wall and Ceiling Industries also has a few good technical manuals on the subject. Additionally, the Journal of Light Construction's library has several good long articles addressing the subject. And last but not least, Sto and Dryvit have some rather specific instructions available on their sites.

Aaron

James Trotter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    And last but not least, Sto and Dryvit have some rather specific instructions available on their sites.

Aaron
    Feel free to contact me for help with the Dryvit EIFS specifications. I am based out of Chester County, PA and would be happy to meet with you.

Jimmy Trotter
    Manning Materials
    jim.trotter@manningmaterials.com
    (484) 256-2079