Dennis R Guest

Talking Fallout Shelter Supplies

For those of you old enough (50+) you might remember the cold war days and the practice air raid drills. If attacked, the deal was to seek out a fallout shelter and have enough supplies for 2 weeks.

The room designated as the fallout shelter in this basement was 3 feet by 7 feet. Based on the supplies, I'm guessing the users of this shelter were going to drink themselves to death.

http://www.ablehomeinspection.com/falloutsticker.jpg

http://www.ablehomeinspection.com/winerack.jpg

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Richard Moore Guest

Default Re: Fallout Shelter Supplies

They might be a small splinter sect...Alcoholic Mormons.

Is there a tavernacle nearby?

Well the shelter wasn't going to save them was it? might as well go out swinging.
    I was in one the other day that had open vents still installed to the exterior. Good idea, No?

Dennis R Guest

Considering that this property was in Somerville, next to Boston, there wouldn't be any fallout shelter left after the nukes hit. According to what I read in the past, the USSR had at least 6 nukes targeted on Boston.

We never needed a fall-out shelter.

We had those school desks that you got under and covered your head to protect you from the blast. Tuck and cover drills they called them.

Dennis, did you find any of this product?

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Rick you never fail to make me laugh. Thanks. That is a great can. Joke or real item? I want to sell those on ebay.

William Mize Guest

Don't have any dehydrated water but where I lived as a kid we had 3 SAC bases within a 120 mile radius so we had bomb and fallout drills as part of school year. they would take us into the hallway sit us down and line us up backs to the wall with our heads between our knees. The smarter ones of us realized that we were just kissing our A-- goodby.

I lived in Ft. Pierce, Florida at that time, which is about 325 miles north of Havana, which was just a easy lob for a missile back then.

We used to practice the duck-under-your-desk-and-kiss-you-a$$-goodbye move too. And that's what we all thought of it as ...

We didn't care how stupid the teachers were, *WE* *KNEW* that ducking under the desk was not going to do any good. Heck, we figured we might as well 'hit the beach' 'cause the surf would surely be *up*!

Surf's up!

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Kevin VanderWarf Guest

Richard,
    Alcoholics? I don't think so. I don't consider myself an alcoholic but I can't imagine letting booze age 50 something years.
    After a long day of dealing with contractors and realtors I would have popped a cork already.

Richard Moore Guest

Somewhere in the middle of Nowhere, North Dakota on our road trip back across the country with the Mini in 2004. Thought it was a picnic area at first. I'm glad no one ever got to see the missiles fly out of these.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

David Banks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Foster View Post
    Rats......if only they had nuked Boston...taken out all the liberals.....ah....we can only dream.......
    The way things are going for the conservative movement you may have to nuke the whole country.