Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Default Re: Splices in panels

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Clue us in - I have looked through the links you posted and was unable to find the reference you are saying exists which prohibits opening the cover of the electrical panel.

I am sure that Brian would also like to have that reference pointed out, right Brian?
    You'd actually have to access the information provided, know what it means, and read, Jerry Peck.

Potential property purchasers as well as property owners in Ontario have a procedure including inspection and certification for low cost. It begins with a historical search at the ESA. Mobile homes and other occupancies have their own unique procedures. Mr. Robertson of course would know this, as well as the prohibitions of engaging in work, inspection, or entering a labeled panel, not being the owner or occupant of record and not holding the proper licensing or authority (electrical contractor, ESA inspector) to do so.

The well-informed buyer would also be aware of the procedure, as should any homeowner.

Realizing the minimal effort it would have required to determine what ESA (Electrical Safety Authority) is or find a direct site link let alone explore it to acquire more information, here's one to ESA's site on buying a home, general information (additional links can be easily located) which outlines the basic steps an informed purchaser should follow: Buying a Home

The ECRA (of the ESA) is quite picky as to what does and does not require a license, what is and is not "electrical work", "electrical equipment", and what does and does not comprise an "electrical installation". 570/05.

Last edited by H.G. Watson, Sr.; 03-05-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    Inspection Referral

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    You'd actually have to access the information provided, know what it means, and read, Jerry Peck.
    Watson, YOU JUST DO NOT GET IT do you?

Trying to start another "street fight", huh?

In that case ... Yes, I actually did access that information, and I actually did know what it means, and, yes, I actually did read it.

*I ALSO DID NOT SEE ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU WERE TELL BRIAN that it did not, does not, allow him to remove the panel cover ... SO I ASKED YOU TO POINT IT OUT.

INSTEAD, you responded in your typical manner.

You've already gotten many posts deleted on another thread, trying for more posts on this thread are you? I'm up for it if you are, but it certainly is a distraction for the other members on this board and it is not what this board is for.

So be it, you insist on making an even larger fool of yourself. Go for it.

Anyone want to stop this before it gets out of hand like on that other thread?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Fred Warner Guest

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

It is unfortunate you didn't "see" or recognize the direct citation. It is quite clear.

Regarding your other claims, I'll let our gracious host determine, removal of your many posts and my replies was done at my request via reporting.

Again, take it to where it belongs Jerry Peck.

Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    It is unfortunate you didn't "see" or recognize the direct citation. It is quite clear.

Regarding your other claims, I'll let our gracious host determine, removal of your many posts and my replies was done at my request via reporting.

Again, take it to where it belongs Jerry Peck.
    Watson,

Your post again shows that you have no idea of what goes on here.

If you had wanted to "take it where it belongs" YOU would have done so, but, instead YOU chose to "keep it here" by posting your remark.

I see you are looking for more deleted posts. I am sure that Brian, the Administrator and the owner of this board, is getting fed up with these antics.

Do as you say and things will begin to get better here.

Regarding your "direct citation" ... point it out.

That's what we do here, we "help each other" by "pointing things out" and documenting what we say, and you seem to have some fear of documenting what you say, which only indicates that there is truth lacking in what you are saying.

Fred, I guess Watson is not ready to stop.

The crowds have all gone home, he is shadow boxing, and I keep trying to throw cold water on him to help cool him off, okay, maybe it is lukewarm water ...

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Dear H.G. Watson Even OAHI suggests you become a member with them right away, take two courses that can be completed in two weekends, START INSPECTING and continue taking there courses, with 150 paid inspections one of there main criteria for certification. I have studied thousands of hours, taken two very good on-line courses, done six inspections with a fellow from Toronto who is considered to be the C.S.I. guy of home inspections. He's been on T.V. many times and is highly respected and designed and publishes Home Report. Anyways I want to consider myself VERY knowledgeable in this field before I start taking peoples money. I want them to get what there paying for. Anyways you give me some interesting info. in your posts but then you always cut me up. Whats with the HUGE blue letters flaming at me that I don't know what a frickin neutral is. Well ya I DO! I'm just here for info, not sure why you insist on takin cheap shots at me. Anyhow I'm not responding back to you so don't bother replying.

Michael Greenwalt Guest

Not that anyone has noticed but where is the grommet where the cables pull through the bottom. Required for wires larger than #4 I believe.

Michael Greenwalt Guest

Not that anyone has noticed but where is the grommet where the cables pull through the bottom. Required for cables larger than #4 I believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12