Ron Bibler Guest

Default Are the good times gone?

I was going to post this in another post that Rick has put up but I was thinking i shoud start a new tread.

If you want your phone to ring...

These are the facts.

The stuff= no work= no inspection.

1. in the good times you did not think about any of this stuff.
    2 the good times are gone for a time and now we are thinking about this stuff.

3 join the club. everybody is thing about this stuff.

4 bottom line you need to get you phone to ring and some one to give you your stuff.

Now think about this. you known that there are inspection going on in your area. may be not 100 but there inspection going on. what is your place in the market? this is the problem each of us must face.

If you want that phone to ring you need to make it ring.

OK. Ron how do we make the phone ring.

If you do this your phone will ring. or I will buy you a cup of coffee...

Every day for the next 30 days you put on a clean shirt. and a hand full of cards. and you HIT 10 real estate agents desk
    just spend 5 minutes. and past out your cards. no flyer's. no pens just your cards. 10 agents every day for the next 30 days Guys. this works every time in any market. Ive been doing this for 30 years now and it works every time... stop looking at that phone you must become a salesman. and sell your self. you are not an order taker any more this is a new day... and another market. keep your prices up. yes you will say the wrong things. yes you will make a boob out of your self. and best of all your phone will ring...

Every day guys 10 agents 10 cards every day... even if you are inspecting... 10 agents. 10 cards every day...

thats the way it is. you must be a sales man in this market. its not the best inspector that is going to last in this market its the best salesman/inspector thats going to last.

I just wanted to help Guys. This works!

Best

Ron

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Ron Bibler; 02-02-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    Inspection Referral

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Are the good times gone?

Quote Originally Posted by fritzkelly View Post
    How about I just sit home and poke sharp sticks in my eyes?
    Just kidding, it's great advice, Ron.

How about I come over your place and stick sharp sticks in your eyes

Now that is what I call frustration relief.

Ron Bibler Guest

I want to play

Best

Ron

Richard Moore Guest

Ron. Did you read the fine print when you joined?

James Carville is OK but this forum has a strict "No-pictures-of-Ann-Coulter-without-makeup" policy!

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    I was going to post this in another post that Rick has put up but I was thinking i shoud start a new tread.

If you want your phone to ring...

These are the facts.

The stuff= no work= no inspection.

1. in the good times you did not think about any of this stuff.
    2 the good times are gone for a time and now we are thinking about this stuff.

3 join the club. everybody is thing about this stuff.

4 bottom line you need to get you phone to ring and some one to give you your stuff.

Now think about this. you known that there are inspection going on in your area. may be not 100 but there inspection going on. what is your place in the market? this is the problem each of us must face.

If you want that phone to ring you need to make it ring.

OK. Ron how do we make the phone ring.

If you do this your phone will ring. or I will buy you a cup of coffee...

Every day for the next 30 days you put on a clean shirt. and a hand full of cards. and you HIT 10 real estate agents desk
    just spend 5 minutes. and past out your cards. no flyer's. no pens just your cards. 10 agents every day for the next 30 days Guys. this works every time in any market. Ive been doing this for 30 years now and it works every time... stop looking at that phone you must become a salesman. and sell your self. you are not an order taker any more this is a new day... and another market. keep your prices up. yes you will say the wrong things. yes you will make a boob out of your self. and best of all your phone will ring...

Every day guys 10 agents 10 cards every day... even if you are inspecting... 10 agents. 10 cards every day...

thats the way it is. you must be a sales man in this market. its not the best inspector that is going to last in this market its the best salesman/inspector thats going to last.

I just wanted to help Guys. This works!

Best

Ron
    Ron: Sorry, but I can't join you new agent dating service. My business doe not come from them - and I intend that it never will.

Ron tht is good advice and it will work. Just getting out and meeting folks and handing them a card whenever you can will work. You have to get out and meet people.

For those of you that become ill at the thought of entering a real estate office, try other professions. Insurance agents are a prime target as well as local attorney's.

A little caveat about the cards! DO NOT HANDOUT HOMEMADE CARDS! Spend some money and have good picture quality cards printed. Don't just use the front of the card you need printing on the back of the card as well. I order my cards online with a good full color quality and heavy card stock. Front and back printing for 2,000 cards cost me $114 delivered to my door in 3-4 days.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Ron tht is good advice and it will work. Just getting out and meeting folks and handing them a card whenever you can will work. You have to get out and meet people.

For those of you that become ill at the thought of entering a real estate office, try other professions. Insurance agents are a prime target as well as local attorney's.

A little caveat about the cards! DO NOT HANDOUT HOMEMADE CARDS! Spend some money and have good picture quality cards printed. Don't just use the front of the card you need printing on the back of the card as well. I order my cards online with a good full color quality and heavy card stock. Front and back printing for 2,000 cards cost me $114 delivered to my door in 3-4 days.
    Scott: Sorry guys, cold calling is not for professionals. Would you really
    even consider hiring an attorney, doctor, CPA, whatever who is going door to door.

If your answer to the question above is "yes", then you really should take a closer look at your definition of professional.

This sort of thinking among inspectors is what leads to the public's picture of guys in crawl suits (re:cover of the latest Texas Realtor magazine); the definition of the profession by the US Department of Labor, et al.

If you really desire to increase business, change your image; first in your own mind and then in the minds of others. Schlep around from door to door like vacuum cleaner or insurance salesmen and you'll be thought of as such. The profession's image is what the professionals in the business make it. It is entirely up to you.

So, nuzzle on up to those agents boys. Show us what real sycophants you are.

Ron Bibler Guest

aron you live in your own world. are you trying to say that you never gave a card to a real estate agent? you never sat foot in a real estate door?

Look wack job most of these Guys need some work. And like it or not the Rear Estate market needs inspectors. there are alot of very good real estate agent out there. just some plane nice people. aaron if you do not have something to add to the post that will help our brother inspectors. And you last had nothing but crap in it. no help at all. then stay off this tread and let others find some answer so they can stay alive in this market.

If he comes back with a bunch of crap just don't step in it. its easy to see where aaron has been.

Best

Ron

One thing I have noticed is, at least percentage wise, we're seeing a lot of new agents come through our office. With guys leaving the business there are a lot of people out there scrambling for new inspectors.

If you're not out there marketing like crazy right now you're missing the boat. This is probably the best oppourtunity there's been in the last 10 years to pick up new clients. It won't pay off for awhile but the cost of not doing anything is more than any of us can afford.

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    One thing I have noticed is, at least percentage wise, we're seeing a lot of new agents come through our office. With guys leaving the business there are a lot of people out there scrambling for new inspectors.

If you're not out there marketing like crazy right now you're missing the boat. This is probably the best oppourtunity there's been in the last 10 years to pick up new clients. It won't pay off for awhile but the cost of not doing anything is more than any of us can afford.
    Thats very sound advise Matt.

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller Guest

aron you live in your own world. are you trying to say that you never gave a card to a real estate agent? you never sat foot in a real estate door?

Look wack job most of these Guys need some work. And like it or not the Rear Estate market needs inspectors. there are alot of very good real estate agent out there. just some plane nice people. aaron if you do not have something to add to the post that will help our brother inspectors. And you last had nothing but crap in it. no help at all. then stay off this tread and let others find some answer so they can stay alive in this market.

If he comes back with a bunch of crap just don't step in it. its easy to see where aaron has been.

Best

Ron
    Ron: You really should lay off the methamphetamines. They have made you quite delusional. Since you are not located in North Central Texas, let's don't make this personal.

I understand that hard times make people do things they might not otherwise do. And, if you are in a pinch like that, then by all means do what you need to do.

Whatever you do, don't dictate to me, Ron. You waste your time. I don't take orders from anyone but my wife. And please, learn to use the spell check. I do so like to see things written up properly. Even the hogwash you tend to swipe across the monitor from time to time.

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    Ron: You really should lay off the methamphetamines. They have made you quite delusional. Since you are not located in North Central Texas, let's don't make this personal.

I understand that hard times make people do things they might not otherwise do. And, if you are in a pinch like that, then by all means do what you need to do.

Whatever you do, don't dictate to me, Ron. You waste your time. I don't take orders from anyone but my wife. And please, learn to use the spell check. I do so like to see things written up properly. Even the hogwash you tend to swipe across the monitor from time to time.
    There you go aaron you only added some crap. no help for you brothers.

You must have nothing to add that anyone can use

Sad life you live...

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller Guest

There you go aaron you only added some crap. no help for you brothers.

You must have nothing to add that anyone can use

Sad life you live...

Best

Ron
    Ron: Why don't you run along outside now and ride your scooter.

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    Ron: Why don't you run along outside now and ride your scooter.
    Now thats a good idea Aaron I will do just that...

I get some of the best looks from Real Estate offices when I ride up to the front door on my Bike...

A any body need an Inspector..........

Best

Ron

P.S. LOVE YA Aaron........

Last edited by Ron Bibler; 02-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Brent Simmerman Guest

Front and back printing for 2,000 cards cost me $114

Scott, that is dirt cheap. Got a website for them? I would like to check them out, Thanks!

A.D. Miller Guest

Now thats a good idea Aaron
    Go for it . . .

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Hi Guys,

I have a box of brochures in my Jeep at all times. I see a reality office I have not been to before or in awhile I grab a hand full and march in the door.
    I do the same with mortgage brokers and attorney's offfices. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Last week I got a call from the owner of a mortgage company telling me he needs more of my brochures. He has 16 mortgage brokers working out of his office. Made me feel good. I did the inspection on his own home 2 years ago.

gotprint.com is a great source for inexpensive printing.

Hang in there. And please do not lower your prices.

Fewer inspectors should = higher prices

Steve Reilly
    Owl Inspection Services

I hope you find this post helpful

Right now, walking into a real estate office is like walking into a funeral home. I've never heard so much whining and boo-hooing as I heard in 10 min. just waiting to pick up some keys for a home.

I saw agents fighting over desk duty time thinking that some buyer phone call may come in and put an end to their misery.

I grabbed a newbie donut off the table and headed out the door.
    and a few new pens. Nice!

rick

MaMa Mount Guest

Youse guys are starting to sound desperate. Your depressing me.

Stay away from those ledges.

M. Mount

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MaMa Mount View Post
    Youse guys are starting to sound desperate. Your depressing me.

Stay away from those ledges.

M. Mount
    MaMa you got to find another chicks face to put up Dang that chick unglyyyyyy. go back to the blue hair.

bEsT\\

rOn

MaMa you got to find another chicks face to put up Dang that chick unglyyyyyy. go back to the blue hair.

bEsT\\

rOn
    Don't Be Talking bout Momma's, MOMMA !
    *the Bee Hive Hair Gotta GO !

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.