Default An other Generator

I was inspecting a remote cabin with a generator It was using the outdoor generator with a factory-installed main. It is located 35' away and is the cabin's sole source of power. Do I need a main in the panel at the cabin or does the main at the generator satisfy the requirement?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Roland Miller; 02-17-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    Crawl Space Creeper
    "Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. " Robert E. Lee

Dennis Webber Guest

Default Re: An other Generator

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Miller View Post
    I was inspection a remote cabin with a generator It was using the outdoor generator with a factory-installed main. It is located 35' away and is the cabin's sole source of power. Do I need a main in the panel at the cabin or does the main at the generator satisfy the requirement?
    I would imagine that 446.18 & 702.11 are applicable here. The NEC indicates that no additional disconnect is required if located within sight, and is rated as service equipment. The gen set's disconnect should be sufficient.

Default Re: An other Generator

Thanks Dennis and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have been around the block a few times

"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. " Robert E. Lee