Richard Thacker Guest

Default Museum Quality "The Cats Meow"

I posted this earlier on another thread so others could marvel at its museum quality state. I now unleash the hounds to tear it up.

I know some of you have probably called your therapists because you were afraid to say anything. It is on....Have at it boys!
    **WARNING**
    Attempting to otherwise marvel at its simplicity and elegance. You will be proving to the rest of us, once and for all, with your technical BS, unfounded safety concerns or quotes of some antiquated useless code... that you are indeed a BooB. You must look at this as if it were a piece of art... perhaps a cave painting and live vicariously through the eyes of the pioneer that had to forge his way into a damnable modern age.

I have come across over a dozen 110volt systems, but this is a winner. For you purists out there, it can't get any better.

A little background: 2700 sqft victorian home; knob and tube (some buried in the attic insulation); enough blown fuses lying around to fill a 5 gallon bucket; New 2 year old overhead service connection from the pole to the main fuse block (hehe); 7 bedroom multi family unit.

God Bless America!

Home Rite Home Inspector, York, Pa - Real Estate Inspection in PA and Maryland
    AllPro - PA and MD Home Inspection and Radon Test - MD Licensed Home Inspector
    n and Radon Test - MD Licensed Home Inspector

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Museum Quality "The Cats Meow"

Since the main fuses are green, isn't it a 30 amp service?

Bill Thacker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neal lewis View Post
    Since the main fuses are green, isn't it a 30 amp service?
    Looks to be overfused.

A.D. Miller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Thacker View Post
    I posted this earlier on another thread so others could marvel at its museum quality state. I now unleash the hounds to tear it up.

I know some of you have probably called your therapists because you were afraid to say anything. It is on....Have at it boys!

Home Rite Home Inspector, York, Pa - Real Estate Inspection in PA and Maryland
    AllPro - PA and MD Home Inspection and Radon Test - MD Licensed Home Inspector
    n and Radon Test - MD Licensed Home Inspector
    Richard: Obviously they have different codes there that allow a service replacement without a corresponding equipment upgrade. I might not even inspect something like this; just get back in my van and wave goodbye. . . I'd feel much better with that bucket full of fuses in my rear view mirror . . .

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post

. . bucket full of fuses . . .
    That was Before Someone Thought of the Pennies in their Pocket.

Problem Solved.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

No problem.... as the seller's agent will tell you, it's "grandfathered in"

Michael Thomas
    Paragon Property Services Inc., Chicago IL
    http://paragoninspects.com

Michael Mills Guest

Am I correct in assuming that this entire affair (main cutout, meter,load cutouts) is located in the attic?? That must be a real thrill for the meter reader, or anyone who has to change the pennies behind the fuses ...

Mike

This is a picture of my muesum piece I found a few years back.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com