Mike Truss Guy Guest

Cool Hello, I am Mike

I've worked in the truss field for 20 years. I've crawled in allot of attics. I've seen burned trusses, broken trusses, and repaired trusses. Old and New. I try to answer questions to the best of my ability.

Best wishes.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Hello, I am Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Truss Guy View Post
    I've worked in the truss field for 20 years. I've crawled in allot of attics. I've seen burned trusses, broken trusses, and repaired trusses. Old and New. I try to answer questions to the best of my ability.

Best wishes.
    MTG: Welcome.

Welcome to the board, Mike.

BUT, you might want to look at the dates on some of those posts you're pulling up from YEARS ago.

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Welcome aboard Mike.

Question: Your link goes to a web site which is under construction, but which indicates you are a structural engineer/truss engineer ... are you?

Great to have a structural engineer/truss engineer here.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Mike Truss Guy Guest

Cool Re: Hello, I am Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Welcome aboard Mike.

Question: Your link goes to a web site which is under construction, but which indicates you are a structural engineer/truss engineer ... are you?

Great to have a structural engineer/truss engineer here.
    I prefer not to sign my posts in forums with "PE" or state my full name for several reasons. One being for liability and another because I am currently only licensed in Nevada and California. Codes in the areas where most of you work might vary from what I say. I have no experience in Dade County Florida for example. I also am concerned that sometimes important information is missing from the question.

To, Erby Crofutt I say sorry I didn't get the memo. I guess you guys started the party before I got here. Carry on.

Well, jeeze Mike.

We waited for you for what seemed like forever but then decided to go ahead and start. We figured you'd just join in when you finally got here.

Welcome. It's a great place for learning and sharing.

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Ron Bibler Guest

Welcome. glad you can hang out with us.

Best

Ron

I prefer not to sign my posts in forums with "PE" or state my full name for several reasons. One being for liability and another because I am currently only licensed in Nevada and California.

Understood and thank your for answering it.

I was just seeking clarification (which you gave) as to whether you were an engineer (most excellent!) or just someone who, as you put it, "I've worked in the truss field for 20 years. I've crawled in allot of attics. I've seen burned trusses, broken trusses, and repaired trusses. Old and New.", much of that applies to most of us here, depending on how one defines 'worked in the truss field'.

Great to have another ... ummm ... er ... (am I allowed to say it?) ... structural engineer here (we have a couple already).

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Default Re: Hello, This Joe

Hi all, I'm new menber from Palm Beach County, Florida. Been General Contractor here for about 20 years. For last 5 to 6 years been doing buyer/ seller inspections, insurance mitigation inspection and MSFH ( My Safe Florida Home )wind certification inspections.

Enjoy reading post and hope to be able to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Melbourne View Post
    Palm Beach County, Florida.

Joseph,

First, welcome to THE inspectors board.

Second, would you click on the 'User CP' just under the InspectionNews logo and add Palm Beach County (or your city) to your location.

Thanks, it helps understand where people are, which helps with questions and answers.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Hello Mike,

I look forward to your expertise.

Rick Sabatino
    Sabatino Consulting, Inc.
    Oak Park, IL

A.D. Miller Guest

JP: You should not be misleading this guy on the first date. There is another "inspectors board" out there, after all. They are all so very civil and proper, and polite. I don't remember the address, but here is their logo . . .

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

A.D. Miller Guest

Sorry, the link on that logo appears to be broken: Here it is. This depicts one of their discussions which is already in progress:

YouTube - Farting cow

Mike Truss Guy Guest

Talking Re: Hello, I am Mike

Thanks to you all for the welcome. Thanks even for the cow video. I know just where I will send it - I know a guy who is obsessed with cows.

(bold is mine in the two quotes below)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    JP: You should not be misleading this guy on the first date. There is another "inspectors board" out there, after all.
    Which is why I stated:

Aaron,

"There is another "inspectors board" out there, after all."

There is? I thought it was just Mikey's playground and sandbox. Being as I was asked (told) I was not welcome into Mikey's sandbox before Mikey started it, I have never bothered to concern myself with it, and have found multiple statements by others confirming there was no need to have bothered myself with it. Not the least of which that is confirmed each of the few times Mikey visits here. If he does not get his way, he just gets mad and then goes home to play ... so I try to make sure he gets to go home early every time he stops by ... can't have him missing his beddy-by time. can we.

I am sure there are some intelligent inspectors using it, or, is it using them? Hmmmm ... another ponderable not worth pondering ...

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Mike Truss Guy Guest

Thumbs down Re: Hello, This Joe

(bold is mine in the two quotes below)

Which is why I stated:

Aaron,

"There is another "inspectors board" out there, after all."

There is? I thought it was just Mikey's playground and sandbox. Being as I was asked (told) I was not welcome into Mikey's sandbox before Mikey started it, I have never bothered to concern myself with it, and have found multiple statements by others confirming there was no need to have bothered myself with it. Not the least of which that is confirmed each of the few times Mikey visits here. If he does not get his way, he just gets mad and then goes home to play ... so I try to make sure he gets to go home early every time he stops by ... can't have him missing his beddy-by time. can we.

I am sure there are some intelligent inspectors using it, or, is it using them? Hmmmm ... another ponderable not worth pondering ...
    What's all this? It seems I have wandered into some sort of old fight. I just got here.

A.D. Miller Guest

What's all this? It seems I have wandered into some sort of old fight. I just got here.
    Mike: No fight. No competition on the other sid(t)e. No contest. No bill. Nada.

Mike Truss Guy Guest

Well leave me out of it. I'm not here to argue. I just hope to read and answer some questions once in a while. I'm not going to discuss the politics of inspection boards.

Have a nice day, everybody.

A.D. Miller Guest

Well leave me out of it. I'm not here to argue. I just hope to read and answer some questions once in a while. I'm not going to discuss the politics of inspection boards.

Mike: "Argue" is not, nor ever has been a negative term.

Ron Bibler Guest

Welcome to the board Mike. Never mind Aaron... he gets his shorts in a bunch sometimes L.O.L. Take 5. Aaron hold it! hold it! hold it! thats its.

Mellow Mellow Mellow Haaaa L.O.L.

Best

Ron

Last edited by Ron Bibler; 02-13-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Ted Menelly Guest

Forget the cow. Check out the cat

YouTube - Farting Cat

A little edit here. This is better. A little caution before viewing (a little adult)

YouTube - Farting Cheerleaders!