Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Default Where's the Love

I looked at a house this morning that had a 40+ year old boiler. It had many issues and was spitting some combustion product back into the basement. To try and determine where the combustion product was sneaking out, I lifted some insulation around the top of the boiler and found the gap. Little did I know it but my face got peppered with some oil soot and I proceeded to walk around the rest of the inspection wearing the soot and talking face-to-face with the buyer, hit father, his father-in-law, and his realtor. Only the realtor mentioned anything about me having some junk on me but he never mentioned anything about my sooty face and neither did anybody else. There were no mirrors in the bathroom so I didn't see what I looked like until I got in my car after the inspection and looked in the rear view mirror........ "What the #@$%??????"

What's so hard about telling somebody "you have dirt all over your face"?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Where's the Love

Good stuff. I have walked into the bathroom many times only to see soot on my face from the fireplace inspection an hour earlier. Same thing. Why didn't someone just say, "Hey, you got soot all over your face?" But then again, I've been guilty of watching a string of cheese hanging from my friends beard for 45 minutes at a party just to see how long it would dangle.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Deleted Account Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    What's so hard about telling somebody "you have dirt all over your face"?

An old Italian saying goes something like this... "Only a friend will tell you when your face is dirty".

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    An old Italian saying goes something like this... "Only a friend will tell you when your face is dirty".
    Joe,

Should I tell TM his face is dirty and 'show the love'?

That's an advantage of wearing glasses, when your face gets dirty, so do your glasses, and you can see that (or, should I say, you cannot see through that? ).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Richard Rushing Guest

face no... hands yes.

My guess is, Nick, that they are so awed by your presence that they don't even notice the dirt. Or the booger distracted them and they didn't see the dirt.

I have one wandering eye and I get a kick out of watching people try to figure out which one to look at when they talk to me. Every once in a while, I'll see them look in the direction of the left eye to see if maybe I'm talking to someone else.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix