Stephen G Sheldon Guest

Default Reverse Polarity

What are the specific problems associated with reverse polarity? Is it a big issue?

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Reverse Polarity

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen G Sheldon View Post
    What are the specific problems associated with reverse polarity? Is it a big issue?
    Stephen: Yes, it is a big issue. Some motors will run in reverse. You can be shocked by an appliance plugged into such a receptacle. Those sorts of minor things. The only thing minor about the condition is the repair required.

Richard Moore Guest

I usually tell my clients about lights and toasters. You can see how the parts are still energized from the diagram below. With a toaster, even after it's popped, you could still electrocute yourself trying to dig a bit of bread out with a fork. There's other reasons, but I've found this the easiest to explain.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

I've always been told that once something's running it doesn't matter since its alternating current (AC) - but, of course, it's very dangerous as Richard's sketch shows.