Kevin Luce Guest

Default Have the winter blues so heading to Florida

We're feeling the winter blues this year so we're planning on heading to Florida on the 6th of March and staying three days. We're thinking of flying to Tampa, then slide over to Clearwater and store our stuff at the Shephards Beach Resort. Wife is going to set this up tomorrow and thought I would ask for any input on this plan from the people that are familiar with this area.

I see the area is in the middle 70's during the day and no sharks have been chewing on anyone lately.

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: Have the winter blues so heading to Florida

Everyone here in the Dallas area always seem to go to the Destin area. I've been there a few times and thought it was nice.

They call it the Redneck Riveria I believe.

rick

Ted Menelly Guest

What, no Disney World??

Tampa in winter. Yeah a little warmer than what you are use to but beaches in mid Feb. Can't think of anything else over there. Just another city by the ocean. I guess you can head over to bush gardens or something. If you have only been to Disney in the summer then I would suggest you try it now. Wonderful weather for that and in that area there is so much to do and I am not talking just Disney. Check it out. Check into one of the surrounding resorts and be treated like something and be pampered.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

There's worse places to be in winter than Clearwater. It'll give you a chance to go to spring training and check out the WORLD CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES!!!!!!

But if you aren't opposed to going a little further, my wife and I took a trip to Key West during her spring break in 2000 and stayed at Banana Bay Resort. We laid around the pool all day and walked the Key Street bars all night. It was the most relaxing vaca we ever took.

Kevin Luce Guest

Ouch. I was just looking at relaxing at the beach absorbing the warm days. It looks like we need to look at other options.

Mid 70's sounds good since we have been dealing with snow and the mid 30's for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Luce View Post
    Ouch. I was just looking at relaxing at the beach absorbing the warm days. It looks like we need to look at other options.

Mid 70's sounds good since we have been dealing with snow and the mid 30's for a while now.

You'll find lots of options in Florida, if you're looking primarily for a few days on a beach in the warm weather. The lower than normal room occupancy has spurred great deals on hotels, spas, & golf resorts packages, etc.

The Gulf Coast has some very warm & calm water and plenty of things to do for a few days vacation. Rent a jet-ski, go parasailing, or read a book by the hotel pool.

Dom.

A few years ago we rented a 40 foot houseboat and motored up the Suwanee River for 3-4 days in winter.
    Now that was fun.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Try the beach in Clearwater. White sand, apparently one of the best beaches in continental USA.

St. Petersburg / Clearwater - Florida's Beach; The area's Official Vacation Site - Official Travel Site for the St. Petersburg & Clearwater Area America’s Top Rated Beaches

Also St. Pete's pier, try the Segway tours. Lots of fun if you have never been on a Segway.

Florida Segway® Tours

Cheers,

Kevin Luce Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Try the beach in Clearwater. White sand, apparently one of the best beaches in continental USA.
    That is where we're going to be. I think this will be a good place for a three day visit.