Gary Cobb Guest

Default FHA Inspection Forms

Can anyone tell me who supplies the FHA Inspection report forms for the FHA Inspector? I have visited the HUD/FHA website but haven't found any.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: FHA Inspection Forms

Try Here Federal Forms Catalog for Citizens

Hud Inspection form in search box

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Ron Bibler Guest

If you are going to do any termite inspection or WDO Inspection these will help.

FHA Clear Clause-Inspection:
    This is to certify that the above property has been inspected on the date indicated in accordance with your states Pest Control Act, and in compliance with Federal Housing Commitments, Condition #2A, Form #2800-5. No evidence of active infestation or infection was noted in the visible and accessible areas.

FHA Clear Clause-Completion:
    This is to certify that the property described herein is now free of evidence of active infestation or infection in the visible and accessible areas. This conforms to F.H.A. Commitments, Condition #2A, Form #2800-5.

Best

Ron

Thanks for the link Billy.
    Frustrating to use though. They often link the wrong form and you get to run around in circles trying to find the right one. Typical of Government.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Gary Cobb Guest

Thanks Billy, This seems to be just what I was looking for. Now for another question: What are the FHA requirements for a manufactured home? And where could I find them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cobb View Post
    Thanks Billy, This seems to be just what I was looking for. Now for another question: What are the FHA requirements for a manufactured home? And where could I find them.

Thanks
    Hi Gary,

Unless you are an engineer HUD/FHA will not accept the report from you for a manufactured home.

Hayman Engineering can take care of what is needed for HUD. They will pay you for the leg work and time.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Gary Cobb Guest

Thanks Scott,

Your information has been a big help. I have heard of these guys but didn't know the details. Now I know.

I'm going to get along with you guys just great! Only been involved for one day and already found out about stuff that I couldn't find on my own.
    Just hope that I can help you soon.

Thanks again,

Gary

Harry McClard Guest

Gee. I've been an FHA roster inspector quite a while. Never used FHA inspection forms except foundation and insect. Foundation requires licensed engineer with valid seal and insect is regular form. We also use 92051, final construction inspection, but you gotta be registered with HUD/FHA to do those. Otherwise, your normal inspection report should work fine. Good luck.

Gary Cobb Guest

I too am HUD/FHA certified and have been concerned if someone ordered one since I didn't know the "mechanism" for getting this done. I had a sneeking feeling that the standard report would suffice but just didn't know. There aren't many FHA loans done around here but I wanted to be ready. Who orders them, the lender? And do you submit the report to them? How about the buyer?

Again, thanks for the info.

Harry McClard Guest

Most of the calls I get from the FHA listing are from mortgage brokers who are trying to find either foundation certification or 203k consults. "They" seem to already have their favorite "normal" inspectors "They" work with. Mortgage brokers "ain't stupid"... "They" know the rules and know FHA allows any licensed inspector to do the work... 'till now as they say... the reason for jumping through the hoops and getting on the roster is that some day, it just may be different. Until then, it's another web presence and just a little more credibility for "Us" who try incredibly hard to do a really good job.

Gary Cobb Guest

Big thanks for the answers/help for these questions. You all have been a big help!

Gary Cobb Guest

Default Re: VA Inspectors Applications

I was able to find, complete, and be accepted by the HUD/FHA people, however, I can't seem to find the VA site for their application. Can anyone help? Their site is hugh and I know it's there somewhere, I just can't find it.

Default Re: VA Inspectors Applications

I was able to find, complete, and be accepted by the HUD/FHA people, however, I can't seem to find the VA site for their application. Can anyone help? Their site is hugh and I know it's there somewhere, I just can't find it.
    VA is the same application as the HUD. You just need to check the VA box and add a little more information along with I think three letters from individuals attesting to your qualifications. Then you mail the packet to the VA office that covers your region.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Gary Cobb Guest

After making some 5-6 calls to find the right VA office to submit the application to be a VA Home Inspector to I finally got my regional loan office which is in Houston. The guy informed me that the VA no longer requires a VA licensed inspector to do their inspections, just qualified home inspectors. Anyone else heard this?

After making some 5-6 calls to find the right VA office to submit the application to be a VA Home Inspector to I finally got my regional loan office which is in Houston. The guy informed me that the VA no longer requires a VA licensed inspector to do their inspections, just qualified home inspectors. Anyone else heard this?
    I have not heard this. This is a VA document that should give you all of the information that you will want and more about their inspections.

http://www.vba.va.gov/ro/houston/lgy...sGUIDE2004.pdf

What you are looking for is a VA compliance inspector, and not just a home inspector who can do an inspection for a buyer with a VA loan.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Mike Homann Guest

I have been asked to do a HUD compliance report for a moble home dealer. I need to know where I can get instructions etc to do this.
    Thanks for any help. Mike H

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Homann View Post
    I have been asked to do a HUD compliance report for a moble home dealer. I need to know where I can get instructions etc to do this.
    Thanks for any help. Mike H
    Unless you are an engineer with a PE designation, HUD will not accept anything from you. Contact Welcome to Hayman Residential Engineering Services Inc. , you do the footwork, take the photos and they do the paper work. They will pay you around $100 for the work and it takes only a few minutes of time.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com