Default Identify Entran II

This was the only place where the tubing was visible, and there was not one of the tubes with the actual wording of the manufacturer visible.

The only wording I could read was "UPC 2774 See BOCA Research Report 7-51" and also, "Telephone 800-255-1996". That is Heatway's phone number, or at least it was. Is there any way to tell from the UPC number if it is Entran II?

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Crawl Space Creeper
    Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Daniel Leung Guest

Default Re: Identify Entran II

"Entran II" is reddish-orange rubber hose, usually stamped "Heatway" or "Heatway Systems". See more on RJ&L - Entran II Litigation - Homepage or just call the phone no. to check.

If you are the current or former owner of property in which Entran II hose was or is used for radiant heating or snowmelting, you could get a payment from a class action settlement. The claim deadline is November 17, 2009, see Entran II Heatway Hose Class Action Settlement

Michael Schirmer Guest

Sometimes you have to make some inferences from clues. When was the house built. Goodyear losing the legal suit caused them to discontinue the product around 1994. They changed to Entran III around that time.

I'm aware of the suit, that's why I was trying to identify the tubing. The number now connects you to Watts Radiant, but they can't tell anything from the numbers visible. It could be Entran I, II or III with those numbers, according to Watts. The house was built in 1992, so it's in the range and location where it was used.

Oh well, I guess they can pull open one of the walls if it's important to either party to find out. There is probably a closet wall that we can open up without too much damage.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

Daniel Leung Guest

I saw the settlement advertising on today's Vancouver Sun (see attached PDF file). Please try the phone number 1-800-254-9222 shown on the ad. I think they can confirm the manufacturing codes marked on the tubing.

Attached Files Attached Files

I just heard from the agent that they were able to confirm that it was Entran II. Damn glad I opened that little access panel, or I would have never seen it. It was not visible anywhere else in the house.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA