Thread: NEC info

Richard Roshak Guest

Default NEC info

Can someone post the code?
    Rich

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: NEC info

I dont' see a NEC violation. Do you have a specific question?

"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. " Robert E. Lee

Kevin Luce Guest

All I see is 406(C) & 404.4 in the 2003 NEC that reads that receptacles or switches are not allowed within or directly over a tub or shower space.

I saw that. Could I have that 2003 edition. It is worth some money

"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. " Robert E. Lee

Bob Spermo Guest

There is no code violation. The switches are outside of the tub area.

Fred Warner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Roshak View Post
    Can someone post the code?
    Rich
    I presume you are talking about the switches in close proximity to the tub area. There is nothing in the NEC that prohibits what is pictured in your post.

Richard Roshak Guest

Yes, I was concerned about the switches. Don't have a current nec edition and this home was just rehabed.

Kevin Luce Guest

It is written in the NEC that no part of track lighting, any hanging lighting fixture or ceiling fan is allowed 3 feet horizontal from the tub or shower - 410.4(D). Maybe that's what you were thinking about.

What is the current NEC edition are they using by you. The State of Indiana is still using the 2003 edition.

Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI

Is one of those switches for an exhaust fan? Are you concerned that the Decora type switch is not "indicating".

What are the functions of the switches in the photo?

Did you mean to show equipment above the tub such as a light or fan fixture?

Some clarification as to the topic or area of your concern would be helpful.

Do you have an electrical code (or a plumbing code) area concern?

Kevin Luce Guest

H.G. Watson Sr. How do you keep you business going when you live in Michigan for part of the year and Florida for the other part?

Richard Roshak,

You can view (PREVIEW) the full 2002, 2005 and 2008 editions of the NEC (corrected) NFPA 70, and the errata for the published editions on line for free (as well as other NFPA published codes) on the NFPA web site.

The site will employ a Viewer which includes an interlinked table of contents (and index at the end). The web previewing version does not allow for searching, printing, cut and pasting or copying, but you can easily navigate to sections of interest, read, and take your own notes on word pad or whatever program or method you utilize.

Simply join the website as an "other" member, follow up on the email confirmation, and enjoy.

NFPA's website is NFPA if you have difficulty locating the web view mode for one of the NFPA codes please advise on PM I'd be happy to help you locate it/them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Luce View Post
    H.G. Watson Sr. How do you keep you business going when you live in Michigan for part of the year and Florida for the other part?

The "Snowbird" term typically is used by someone who is retired and spends the summer "back home in the north" and the winters "down south in Florida".

Some semi-retired people use it when they do the same thing and relocate their 'base of operations' for those seasons.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

Now see if one just hangs out in Calif. no need for the snow bird thing.

But then we are getting wet today Rain Rain Rain

Best

Ron

Well folks - It has finally happened !

Jerry Peck is now the official voice of H. G. Watson ! Does this mean that They are one and the same or just that Jerry just feels he should answer for anyone and everyone?

Kevin Luce asked H.G. Watson a question and Jerry answered for him.

I couldn't resist this one folks -

Quote Originally Posted by ken horak View Post

Jerry Peck is now the official voice of H. G. Watson ! Does this mean that They are one and the same or just that Jerry just feels he should answer for anyone and everyone?

Ken,

You will find, once you've been around here a while, that when someone is asked a question, regardless of who that is, and someone else has an answer, that answer is provided by that someone else.

I see that you've taken on the role of Miss Manners in making sure that not more than one person, the person asked, answers a question.

I must warn you though, you have taken on a big task as that happens so often here that there are but two choices (the ungiven third choice is obvious): pay no attention to that when it happens and enjoy the ride as most of us do; start spending all of your time pointing that out to all who do so - certainly hope you are retired because that task will consume all of your time, which may be the choice you have elected.

Go for it.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Unbelievable isn't it Ken Horvak?

Our "little general" has some serious problems!

Quote Originally Posted by ken horak View Post

Get a life.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

This is Jerry's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Miller View Post
    This is Jerry's life.
    Take a little time and search this forum and the archive, using the search terms "thank you jerry" and you will start to get a clue.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

I don't need a clue to know what is going on. When you find your life would you post directions??

I think it is accurate to say this is Jerry's life given the contribution he has made. Don't you??

I for one would like to "thank" Jerry. His time he spends on answering our question is un-payable. He was here helping us before you and hopefully after you!

There are many who contribute to this board and I know we are all grateful. There is always going to be conflicts but at the end the answer always prevails.

So whether Jerry's comments are right or wrong his time is greatly appreciated.
    Until one of you can contribute as much as him, don't bite the hand that feeds you.....

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

I really don't know what you are talking about Mike. Do you??

Have you actually taken the time to read any on my posts lately or is Jerry still training you to read?

Ted Menelly Guest

Mom.......Mom.............They are arguing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always in training..........

It's not that I don't read your post it's just hard to interpet them!

Mike Schulz License 393
    Affordable Home Inspections
    www.houseinspections.com

Yup--me too! Sometimes I even confuse myself. To clear the air--I think Jerry does a tremendous job and is a wealth of information. I just had to learn to read