Thread: Odd phone call

Ron Bibler Guest

Default Odd phone call

Ive been getting these odd phone calls just about everyday asking for information on my company. Some web base info junk sites.

Do you ever get these calls?

I ask them for there return phone # and that ends the call click.

They don't have one... Nice people...

Best

Ron

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: Odd phone call

They get paid on closing deals and when you ask for their return number they figure you are a dead deal so they hang up and go on to the next number.

Richard Moore Guest

I got one of those calls today informing me that my warranty coverage on my car was about to expire. When I spoke to the clerk at the other end I told him I wanted to renew my warranty. He asked what the mileage and make was and I told him 600,000 miles and the car was a 1931 Model A Ford. He hung up real quick!

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    I got one of those calls today informing me that my warranty coverage on my car was about to expire. When I spoke to the clerk at the other end I told him I wanted to renew my warranty. He asked what the mileage and make was and I told him 600,000 miles and the car was a 1931 Model A Ford. He hung up real quick!

Yeah know I get those phone calls all the time. I guess if you tell them that your vehicle has over 200,000 miles they will automatically take you off their list instead of months after you reply to remove it. They only do under 200,000

I get probably one a month wanting to verify company info. They usually have it so I just verify it.

About half stop at that and the other half try to get you to agree to try something on a trial basis. I'm very clear with those folks that I'm not authorizing anything or signing up for anything. Usually, I don't even get the first sentence out of my mouth when they hang up.

I got one a few weeks ago and I missed my big chance... it was one of these scam paper products operations. They asked for the model number of the copy machine (Presumably, so they could send me $200 bottles of toner and claim I ordered it since they have the model of the machine) - I asked what they were talking about and they hung up.

What I should have said....... "Sure, here it is.... it's a Minolta brand, model FU - G.e.t.8.J.o.b.u.a.h.o.l.e. - Do you need me to repeat that?"

I'm waiting for them to call back

Got an email recently from Who's Who. Sounded like an opportunity to get listed on another site. After a couple of requsets for information, I got a call from them saying that I had made it to the final step of getting my company listed. They made a big deal about how this was the final hurdle. They asked several questions and said that they felt that I was worthy of being on their list. Went on and on about how great an honor it was and what they were going to do for me.

I kept waiting for the kicker and it fianlly (after about 30 minutes) came. All it was going to cost me was a one time membership fee of only $739. I told them that I was not willing to spend that much so they said that I could get it for only $550. I said no and they offered it to me (with some features removed) for only $235. I still said no so they said I could have it for one year and $150.. I still said no so they said that they understood and would out of courtesy give it to me for $99. I told them to send me the information and that I would think about it. I was told that I had to give them an answer right then so I told them no.

Amazing how it was such a value at $739 and it ended up at $99.

Guess I need to set one of my website up as a listing and get a $100 a year from each of you!!!!

Robert Sole
    REM Inspewctions LLC
    Orlando Home Inspections - REM Inspections
    Orlando Home Inspections - REM Inspections

Robert Sole
    REM Inspections LLC
    www.REMinspections.com, Orlando, Oviedo