Thread: $ 6.15

Default $ 6.15

6.15 I saw a young gal pay for a pack of cigarettes yesterday. I quit 12 yrs. ago cold turkey and havent' had one since. Look at all the money I've saved.

And they claim our economy is tanking.

Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: $ 6.15

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    And they claim our economy is tanking.
    No, but it did go up in smoke.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I always love it when some panhandler approaches me for money with a cigarette in their hand.....

It's funny a pack of smokes seems to track almost exactly with minimum wage.... hmmmm.

25 cents a pack when i started and i quit the first time when they reached 1 dollar and again for good when thy reached 2 dollars 1995. what a destructful waste of good money!

Ron Bibler Guest

Now you need to try one of these babys. this one of the best Cigars around... In a Cigar store about $ 15 bucks......

Best

Ron

Not knocking cigars, but 15. bucks will buy me a nice steak to throw on the grill.

rick

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    Not knocking cigars, but 15. bucks will buy me a nice steak to throw on the grill.

rick
    Say Rick you buy the Stakes and I'll bring the AVO Cigars...

I say let have both....

Best

Ron

Mike Truss Guy Guest

The latest fad in government is the sin tax. It's easier to sell a huge tax on a minority than a small tax on the majority. Just wait though, they're coming for you next. Coming soon to you...

Carbon taxes, SUV taxes, taxes on legalized pot, waste disposal taxes, hazardous waste fees, and increased property taxes. Have you heard the latest? They're trying to create an international tax on the use of anything harvested from the sea... Seriously. They will tax fishermen in Florida and send the proceeds to landlocked nations like Austria. I wish I were making this up.

Abandoned since the 70's, this thing will be voted on by our current senate.

LOST: Law of the Sea Treaty

Don Belmont Guest

One I heard last night was a "pole tax". Seems a bright pol has the idea to add a $10 tax on patrons of strip clubs.

Don

Richard Stanley Guest

Also taxing aspirin - they are white and they work!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stanley View Post
    Also taxing aspirin - they are white and they work!

All those racially intended comments indicate the writers would rather have about the stupidest white man to hold office - 'W' - and the tail-spinning-out-of-control-to-the-bottom we had and are now dealing with, rather than a smart person of any race, white, black , brown, or red?

I just cannot understand white trailer trash thinking they are better than their black neighbors, ... or white middle income people thinking they are better than their black middle income neighbors, ... or white rich people thinking they are better than black rich people.

Just goes to show that it is not what one knows which demands respect but the color of ones skin, even though the "white one like you" was the dumbest of them all.

Just simply confounds the logic of of it all.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    All those racially intended comments indicate the writers would rather have about the stupidest white man to hold office - 'W' - and the tail-spinning-out-of-control-to-the-bottom we had and are now dealing with, rather than a smart person of any race, white, black , brown, or red?

I just cannot understand white trailer trash thinking they are better than their black neighbors, ... or white middle income people thinking they are better than their black middle income neighbors, ... or white rich people thinking they are better than black rich people.

Just goes to show that it is not what one knows which demands respect but the color of ones skin, even though the "white one like you" was the dumbest of them all.

Just simply confounds the logic of of it all.
    Or People with Money thinking they are Better than Someone with less.

It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

On behalf of my wonderful son in law and father of 4 of my six grand children I want to say; that is definitely one of your better posts, Jerry.

One of the few benefits of aging should be an accumulation of wisdom that enlightens the soul beyond the ability to accept concepts like Racism. I truly feel sorry for those who squander the opportunity. I feel even more sorry for those who are so willing to verbalize their ignorance. Words do matter.

In the words of Lynden Johnson upon signing the Civil Rights Act " I may not be able to change how they believe, but I damn sure can change how they behave."

!964-65 That Was the Week That Was (TW3) was on TV. It's when I first heard Tom Lerher's National Brotherhood week.
    YouTube - Tom Lehrer - National Brotherhood Week with INTRO

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

Ron Bibler Guest

Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    JP:

Arron did you count your-self in this list? If you did not then you overlook the main point of the big 10 Mirror. That is to show you what you look like.

Quote: White people are better than everyone else. Better at lying, cheating, steeling, murdering, and making war. Give them their due.

Arron... looking in that mirror can get you some place you may not want to go

But your words point out your intent to seek out a hotter place to dwell...
    As you say Im not like that.

Best; your brother form another Mother / scooter trash

Ron

Ron Bibler Guest

Arron... I see you just don't want to look in that Mirror...

It is a very ugly thing for a Man to see him-self for the first time and understand what he really is...

But to do that one must look in That mirror

It looks like you do not like what you known you will see...
    But You have look before you can run but..........

Best

Ron

Git Um AC

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Battle continues between Aaron and Ron

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images