Default Inspection needed in Splendora

Any of you Texas fellers near Houston? Guy emailed me about needing an inspection in Splendora. Kinda out of my area.

Similar Threads:
    OREP Insurance
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: Inspection needed in Splendora

You and Jerry P. must be dealing with the same person. See his post below.

rick

Rick,

He e-mailed me earlier in the day, and not having a reply from me (until just a few minutes ago with those names) he probably started checking elsewhere?

Or maybe he contacted John earlier in the day too?

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Same email here. Responded in same to Jerry thread.

I got the same thing.

I did a search for home and termite inspectors in Texas and I found your email address. These internet searches are definitely far from perfect so if this is not the type of business you’re in, I apologize and please disregard this email.

I bought a house in Splendora, it is 992 SF, has two bedrooms, one bath and no garage and I want to get it inspected structurally and for termites.

Also, if it has mold or termites, do you know what I can do to get rid of them? Are there any other things I need to do if it has mold or termites?

Can you tell me how much you will charge for this inspection, approximately how long it will take and how soon you can do it? Would you mind if I go on the inspection with you?

About the inspection, can you tell me what exactly is inspected? Do you cover: the home's heating and cooling systems, electrical, plumbing, interiors, exteriors, garages, baths, roofing, kitchens, drainage, insects, insulation, ventilation, exterior walls, parapets, soffits, fascia, trim, chimney, foundation, and slab?

Do you climb into the attic and on the roof to assess the insulation, ventilation, framing, roof surface, flashing, penetrations, drainage, overhangs, gutters and downspouts. In the kitchen inspection, does it include cabinets, counters, sinks, faucets, garbage disposal and other built-in appliances?

Do you take digital pictures that I can have copies of?

How long will it take to get the report? And can I get it in a digital version, either Word or .PDF?

How long have you been an inspector? Do you do this work full time?

How many years has the company you’re working for or own been in business?

Are you/they registered with the BBB?

Are you licensed in Texas? Or are you a member of or certified by the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) or an organization like it?

Do you have errors and omissions insurance?

Approximately how many inspections you’ve done?

Can you tell me the name of a good school to become an inspector? Approximately how long it takes and how much it costs? I may want to do this down the road.

Thank you,

Landon

Hmmmmmm sounds like someone wanting to get into the HI business.

Email him back and ask for a small fee for providing so much information.

Fish fish...bite bite...yank yank.....Dang it!