Default electric range circuit

that's a 60 amp breaker

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Fred Warner Guest

Default Re: electric range circuit

This is some of the most dangerous wiring I've ever seen!

Let's see, you've got a 20 amp grounding conductor, and a 20 amp grounded conductor, and a 20 amp ungrounded conductor, ... are you telling me that does not equal 60 amps?

I agree with Fred, probably same house as the black-to-neutral and white-to-breaker house, right?

Forget about bringing in an electrician ... you've just confirmed it is worse than anything I could have imagined - just call the fire department, when they ask 'Where is the fire?' you can say 'There is none yet, but it will be on fire by the time you get here.'

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thumbs down Re: electric range circuit

At least they knew to parallel the conductors .

The above comment is not meant in any way to be serious.

[quote=Jerry Peck;77900]...probably same house as the black-to-neutral and white-to-breaker house, right?.../quote]

You betcha.

It's not quite as bad as it looks, in that those cables don't leave the panel. They are spliced to the old range conductors. Still, about the most screwed up panel I've seen. Here's another shot for your amusement.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com