Thumbs up Claims Consultants - Network Members are needed

Casey, O’Malley Associates has established a National Network of claims consultants to perform inspections.

The assignments are coming in and Network Members are needed across North America to perform this work. The number of Network Members per area is limited.

Inspectors must meet certain experience minimum requirements and pass an online course (only $199) to be entered into the Network. For a limited time, persons taking and passing the COA Claims Consultant Course will also receive a complimentary one-year membership in AEBC, the Association of Expert Building Consultants.

Join the COA The Right DirectionSM Network now so Mike and Kevin don’t have to keep doing all this work themselves; they want to share the wealth!

See Home Inspection Claims Consultant Information for more information.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

-----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

Default Re: Claims Consultants - Network Members are needed

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hannigan View Post
    Casey, O’Malley Associates has established a National Network of claims consultants to perform inspections.

The assignments are coming in and Network Members are needed across North America to perform this work. The number of Network Members per area is limited.

Inspectors must meet certain experience minimum requirements and pass an online course (only $199) to be entered into the Network. For a limited time, persons taking and passing the COA Claims Consultant Course will also receive a complimentary one-year membership in AEBC, the Association of Expert Building Consultants.

Join the COA The Right DirectionSM Network now so Mike and Kevin don’t have to keep doing all this work themselves; they want to share the wealth!

See http://www.caseyomalleyassociates.com/network-home-inspection.php for more information.
    Is this real? Or an attempt to sell the course? I'm always leery of a job offer that comes with a price tag up front.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Could Casey O'Malley Associates be lowering their standards to NACHI level.
    Online testing...?

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

I have been with them since they started this network, it is mostly EW type work. If you have EW experience they might not require the course.

Last edited by Scott Patterson; 02-02-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: wording....
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Gentlemen:

Thanks for your interest. The requirements for our Network are here:

Home Inspection Claims Consultant Information

It's not just an online course and the requirements can vary per state or assignment.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Casey View Post
    Gentlemen:

Thanks for your interest. The requirements for our Network are here:

Home Inspection Claims Consultant Information

It's not just an online course and the requirements can vary per state or assignment.

Thanks!
    I looked into it when they first started it, but I have no intention of paying them to develop a list of experts.

If they want a list of experts they should invite people in at no cost to enlist them

Scott may be happy paying to do things that way, but I have this thing about PAYING THEM to HELP THEM ... just does not pass the smell test in my opinion.

The way they have it set up is no different than paying to advertise on their list - something I will not do.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

I pay for advertising and thats fine. Its a part of doing business. However I won't pay someone for the promise/insinuation that paying them will get me work. Let me register and deduct the $199 from the invoice of the 1st job and I'll see it as a legitimate and serious situation.

www.aic-chicago.com
    773/844-4AIC
    "The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Keller View Post
    I pay for advertising and thats fine. Its a part of doing business. However I won't pay someone for the promise/insinuation that paying them will get me work. Let me register and deduct the $199 from the invoice of the 1st job and I'll see it as a legitimate and serious situation.
    Sounds like a workable plan. I would go for something like that. Definitely would not pay in front on the CHANCE of getting some work. You like my quals or you don't, make a call and go with it.

True Professionals, Inc. Property Consultant
    877-466-8504

Quote Originally Posted by Markus Keller View Post
    Let me register and deduct the $199 from the invoice of the 1st job and I'll see it as a legitimate and serious situation.
    I can agree with that route.

That way, if they make money for us, we make money for them ... otherwise it is just making money for them, and ... possibly ... us ... if ... as I said, does not pass the smell test for me as it is currently set up.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

From their web site:

"This class is approximately 65 minutes of narrated slides with numerous pages of actual legal case examples for review after enjoying the slide show. Completion requires passing a 25 question final exam (70% minimum score).
    For a limited time, passing of the COA Claims Consultant class includes a free one-year membership in the Association of Expert Building Consultants. Only $199."

65 min and 25 questions @70% = 18 correct answers = $11 per correct question and $3 per min of video class. Less the free first year membership @ $199 = free.

Sounds like a bargain to me.

Scott, how many assignments and how much is the return on investment.

Hey Garry;

Do you do your own taxes too?

Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    From their web site:

"This class is approximately 65 minutes of narrated slides with numerous pages of actual legal case examples for review after enjoying the slide show. Completion requires passing a 25 question final exam (70% minimum score).
    For a limited time, passing of the COA Claims Consultant class includes a free one-year membership in the Association of Expert Building Consultants. Only $199."

65 min and 25 questions @70% = 18 correct answers = $11 per correct question and $3 per min of video class. Less the free first year membership @ $199 = free.

Garry, you have a PM.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

I can just imagine if they did not charge anything that every hack with a flashlight would be applying.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    From their web site:

(Edit change: removed the rate I get)

Notice that the $199 fee includes membership for the FIRST year ONLY, not continuous.

Last edited by Jerry Peck; 02-06-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Edit change: removed the rate I get - not really needed there
    Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cantrell View Post
    I can just imagine if they did not charge anything that every hack with a flashlight would be applying.
    And when done on the computer ... who cares ... the result would probably be that the vast majority would not be able to hack their way through the information ... and if the vast majority were able to ... then just how 'specialized and expert' would that make that group?

As I have said ... just does not pass the smell test for me.

Jerry Peck
    www.AskCodeMan.com