Default twistin' the night away

Could be a record, for me.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

Default Re: twistin' the night away

John,

All right if I send that photo to the UL person I am corresponding with about twisted wires in terminals?

That should surely get a definitive answer.

Any one in areas which use SE cable have a photo of the outer conductor stripped back, pulled to one side, then twisted back into a stranded conductor I can use?

How about the markings on SE cable?

Thanks.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    John,

All right if I send that photo to the UL person I am corresponding with about twisted wires in terminals?

That should surely get a definitive answer.
    Be my guest.

"There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

That might not be the photo to refer to. The number of conductors is way over the quantity that the buss is listed for. So we know that would not be correct.

PS, in the other post you mention terminating shielded cable. SE is not a shielded cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Port View Post
    That might not be the photo to refer to. The number of conductors is way over the quantity that the buss is listed for. So we know that would not be correct.
    That photo shows two things, one easily identified: too many conductors, the other the twisting, and, if the twisting is okay, i.e., making it into a stranded conductor, then there 'may not be' 'too many conductors' anyway.

PS, in the other post you mention terminating shielded cable. SE is not a shielded cable.
    The other post I was talking about SE cable and the outer conductor which is wrapped around it, and that is still the cable I am talking about.

Go back and re-read what I posted.

By the way, you never acknowledged your last goof up on code, just, you know, making sure that you know what you are talking about. Or, if you did, I missed in, in which case *I* will acknowledge that, as I do.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

So how would you tell if the new conductor was of the proper size to be used in the buss? As long as it fits its OK?

If asked if wires twisted together from multiple cables were a single conductor or several joined together I would vote that it was not a single conductor.