Default Any RV owners out there?

Since we are all experts on full houes it seems that we would all be pretty good with the kind with wheels.

I started a few years ago with a tent trailer, next came the travel trailer and now a 5th wheel (wife wouldn't stay in the previous two.... long story)

Anyhow, I got out of town today and am out for the first time of year in my home with wheels and was wondering how many of my fellow inspectionnews addicts have a second home on wheels.

With how slow the winter was I didn't know if I'd have to get rid of mine or, worse yet, end up living in it....

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

A.D. Miller Guest

Default Re: Any RV owners out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    Since we are all experts on full houes it seems that we would all be pretty good with the kind with wheels.

I started a few years ago with a tent trailer, next came the travel trailer and now a 5th wheel (wife wouldn't stay in the previous two.... long story)

Anyhow, I got out of town today and am out for the first time of year in my home with wheels and was wondering how many of my fellow inspectionnews addicts have a second home on wheels.

With how slow the winter was I didn't know if I'd have to get rid of mine or, worse yet, end up living in it....
    Montana Matt: I don't do roadblockers, but hope you are enjoying yourself out there in the woods.

I have a 28ft. Bayliner Cruiser. In fact I am sitting in Roche Harbor on a beautiful crisp Saturday morning. IslandCam.com | San Juan Islands Washington 24 Hour Web Cams & Travel Information
    I have my laptop hooked into the internet through my phone and our business line forwarded to our cell phones so we don't miss many calls. Its nice to get away on the weekends.

//Rick

Rick Bunzel
    WWW.PacCrestInspections.com
    360-588-6956

We started out in a used pop-up, then went to a new Coleman Niagara pop-up with a bathroom, then to a 29 foot travel trailer, then to a 36 foot 5th wheel, and now have a 36 foot motor home.

Hope you are having fun out there and enjoying the great outdoors!

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Talking Re: Any RV owners out there?

don't look a gift horse in the mouth, free 1977 winabago

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Oops, just realized I forgot to attached the photos.

First is the 5th wheel we had, second is the motor home we now have.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

We had a coleman sedona popup that we used a lot for about 4 years and then got this 2007 27ft TT. We go somewhere just about every month, the SC state parks are really nice and we have several within 2-3 hours of here.

A used popup is the best way to get into RV'n. We found a super deal on one only about a year old from a private seller and sold it 4 years later for only $500 less than we paid for it. The couple that bought it still had a 28ft TT but needed something smaller to get into small campgrounds for occasional hiking trips.

We like the floorplan in the TT, 27RLSS (rear living room/ super slide)
    We have helped "sell" several of these when camping neighbors see the layout. Its also towable with a 1/2 ton truck equipped with a tow package, WD hitch, extendable mirrors and brake controller. We weighed our loaded rig and it was within the truck rear axle limit but we don't haul kids. We take a 12.5 ft Sea Eagle inflatable boat with a 9.8hp motor on most trips.

RVwholesalers.com is the best place to buy new RV's if they carry the one you want. RV.net is a good message board too.